Hard question Sup Forums. Name an incredibly influential musician in the last 18 years that doesn't either rap or sing...

Hard question Sup Forums. Name an incredibly influential musician in the last 18 years that doesn't either rap or sing. I'll wait.

DJ Khaled

checkmate

>what are adlibs

Skrillex
Deadmau5
Nujabes
J Dilla
Burial

/thread

Nujabes
Martin Garrix
Aviici or whatever the fuck
A fuckload more of EDM "artist"
Skrillex especially

Retarded question

oh an ya

Skrillex

>what is dance music

>rap or sing

does the artist have to avoid rapping or singing at all times? like, James Ferraro, Arca, Dean Blunt all have incredibly influential material (I'd argue their most influential material) that involves no singing or rapping from them, but at least the first two and probably the last one have multiple projects of less long-term importance where they sing or rap in some way.

we should also define influential and "in the last 18 years." there are lots of people in smaller genres who have been hugely influential within their scenes but might not be viably referred to as influential in the grand sense rockists usually want (where they have impacts on mainstream and non-mainstream music, where they have broad critical consensus, etc.). another issue is if they have to have started making music in the 2000s to count or if the bulk of their influential output can be from this period. i would throw A. G. Cook, Graham Lambkin, and various Wandelweiser and Japanese EAI folks in in this case.

Major Lazer
Diplo

EDM got like really fucking huge a few years back dude

Godspeed

J Dilla

Avalanches

Radiohead

>thrasher hoodie
into the trash it goes.

Rise Against

what if she actually skates bro

Skaters don’t wear thrasher anymore because of this exact reason. It’s been co-opted by posers. People have been doso by this with skating fashion for years.

Doing this with*
Stupid fucking phone

Skrillex.

why does no one know that j dilla is a rapper

anyone wearing clothes that says "thrasher" "supreme" or girls wearing a neck choker should be shot on site desu

i no rite?

>Musician
That's a band.
>Rap or Sing
Uhhhhhhhh
Try again bud

Who?

Good thread

Aphex Twin.
Venetian Snares.
Aaron Spectre.
Tosin Abasi.

>or girls wearing a neck choker
please leave them out of thid, it's the only thing i've been able to get off to for months.

I’d “thrash her”, if you catch my drift

dont worry in a couple years itll be another skating company because celebs and poseurs will always exist

autechre

good point. It's a good thing they gravitste to pleb shit.

mac demarco

oops nvm just saw the rap part (ignore me)

This is not true at all, I know plenty of skaters that still wear Thrasher. Thrasher Magazine is still very well respected in the skate community.

only if it's this kind of choker,m real chokers are pretty nice