Can anybody use a lightsaber? Or can only people who use the force?

Can anybody use a lightsaber? Or can only people who use the force?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Curved-hilt_lightsaber
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hair
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chandelier
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Window
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shirt
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pants
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Robe
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fire
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Water
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Air
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

anyone can use one

Is Han Solo one with the force?

what is the actual practical purpose for a curved handle?

you can swing it faster

anyone can use one only force users can handle one though.

Pretty sure Boba Fett used a lightsaber in one of the shitty comics.

Didn't you see The Force Awakens.
Finn, former Storm Trooper, used one on multiple occasions.
He wasn't good with it, but he could swing it around.

only force sensitive people can use them without chopping their own limbs off. or something

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Curved-hilt_lightsaber

You need Jedi reflexes to use it to deflect lasers, but anyone can pick one up and swing around with it.

There is no true practical purpose.

Each lightsaber is designed by its own wielder. If it makes them feel better about it, the curved design is fine.

More pleasurable for female jedi and certain male jedi (kit fisto)

implying han beating the odds in the asteroid field didnt imply that with lukases hardon for pilots.

Anyone can use one, but to use it effectively (block blaster bolts, beat other Jedi/Sith) you either need the force or you need to have borderline supernatural reflexes.

There are examples in the movie and people in the EU using them for short periods of time, usually ineffectively (Han in Episode 5, Finn in Episode 7). General Evil von Killenstein from the Clone Wars and Episode III was able to use one, but only because he basically had a robot brain able to process information and react as fast as a force user.

You just know that certain Jedi were using them for that purpose. Ever notice how only female Jedi who use 2 lightsabers?

Isn't the reason why Jedi and Sith can block blaster shots that they literally see few moments into a future?

I think it's SUPPOSED to be extremely difficult for a regular person to try and use one because they are virtually weightless. Imagine how easy it would be to hurt yourself swinging around a blade that can cut through anything and has no weight except for the hilt. They fucked up by having Finn use one so easily.

Finn is confirmed to be a force sensitive.

>robot brain

so why don't droids (aside from Grievous) use them?

What was Darth maul's deal then? Was he a size queen?

Better leverage in a cross-blade stalemate

>Anyone can use one

KOTOR led me to believe differently. Never understood this.

Like why even have a switch on a lightsaber? Why not make it impossible to use without being able to turn on via the forece?

Not sure. IIRC, Grievous' robot brain was extremely expensive to build, which might explain why we don't see droid armies with lightsabers. We also never see Grievous deflect blaster bolts with his lightsabers, so maybe no robot brain is capable of doing that.

There's also the fact that lightsabers are incredibly difficult to produce because of how closely guarded the secrets of their design are and how rare it was for a Jedi to lose one in the centuries before Episode I (almost no conflict=almost no Jedi killed in action). I highly doubt that Palpatine would share information on how to build them with the Separatists. Not to mention that the materials are so hard to find, those crystals are absurdly rare.

Hypothetically speaking, if someone had bag of lightsabers and I was a force user, could I turn them all on and penetrate him with spiky lightsaber ball?

Lightsabers aren't easy to make. They require knowledge in the force to assemble as well as special crystals that can only be obtained in certain planets which are mostly guarded by the Jedi.

Grievous' lightsabers are pretty much ones he got from killing other Jedi during the Clone Wars. I don't think Droids could use lightsabers effectively either. Grievous is essentially 85% Droid, 15% Humanoid.

If I recall correctly you need to be holding the switch for the lightsaber to stay on. Either by hand or by the force, as seen when a force user does a lightsaber throw and the lightsaber doesn't turn off.

> Due to the weightlessness of plasma and the strong gyroscopic effect generated by it, lightsabers required a great deal of strength and dexterity to wield, and it was extremely difficult—and dangerous—for the untrained to attempt using it.

Yes, because the concept of putting a weight on it clearly makes no sense.

>KOTOR led me to believe differently

Video game mechanics. A lightsaber is basically useless in combat for somebody who can't use the force, so the game doesn't even bother letting you use one.

>Why not make it impossible to use without being able to turn on via the forece?

I think it's a safety thing, lightsabers deactivate as soon as they're dropped because the switch needs to be held down. It probably protects a Jedi if for whatever reason it gets knocked out of their hand (prevents it from slicing through their legs or torso).

hits the g-spot better

that's a good question, but I'm more interested in the purpose of chairs, I think it's time to find out
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chair

>Build a giant lightsaber with 2km-long blade
>Cut star destroyers in half

Obviously. So was Bastila, and the lady leading the Jedi order in the TOR video game.

>Ever notice how only female Jedi use 2 lightsabers?

It would become to heavy to use.

Rey isn't a jedi yet.

If you were attuned enough to the force to activate a bunch of different control mechanisms blindly at once, then yes.

Bastila uses a double-bladed ones. I think we know what that means.

That's why you mount it on a ship. Basically make the space version of the A-10

>Chairs were pieces of furniture humanoids could sit in or on (depending on the type of the chair).
>in or on
>depending on the type of the chair

>General Evil von Killenstein
is that an actual character name?

Think of those big sphere chairs from MiB that sort of envelope you

Xe was making fun of General Grievous's stupid name you autist

It's a joke, there's a character in the Clone Wars and Episode III named "General Grievous"

Oh yeah I'm the autist
>porkins
>greedo
>general grievance
>darth maul

>were

what happened to the chairs

What part of "a long time ago" don't you understand

It's interesting how little variation there is in weaponry in the 2,000 years between KOTOR and Episode 7. Basically everything is the same, with minor adjustments. The only serious innovations are interdictors and the Death Star. Why?

>Ayla Secura
>Asoka
>Jedi Grand Master from TOR

lmao

you can't block blaster bolts unless you're force sensitive

prostate milking

But what about stone chairs? They should still be around. And someone in the galaxy is bound to have made a diamond chair (the hardest metal known to man), that thing would last forever,

If you have under 500 midichlorians you die

This is a meme, of course they're not weightless

Lucas himself said in OT interviews that the lightsabers are held by two hands because they're supposed to be heavy

Force users and those who train a lot are the only ones who can do prequel style duelling

isn't it interesting?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hair
what do they know?

Why didn't the Empire detect his midi-chlorian count and force him into Sith Camp or something?

Even if the blade is weightless, holding the handle in both hands would give you superior speed and manoeuvrability of the blade.

why dont fencers use two hands then?

Against the rules, and modern fencing is nothing like fighting, it's all about reach.

So they can use the other hand for the force and because a lightsaber is so hot speed isn't required to cut more effectively

You don't swing with a rapier

he said they were supposed to be heavy for aesthetic purposes. The blade itself still isn't heavy, he just wanted it to be wielded like a broadsword, until lucas realized that kendo was cooler

>Grievous' robot brain
wat?

Some / most of his brain was replaced with a robot brain. Arguably this gives him the reflexes to use lightsabers effectively.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chandelier
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Window
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shirt
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pants
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Robe
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fire
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Water
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron

This is some serious autism. I'm literally just thinking of random objects and materials and there's a wiki page for everything complete with breakdowns on where/when they appeared

yes, but theres a difference between being proficient, and being capable of cutting through a wall or something

making one is another story

I recall a Faleen sith in the EU who used a lightsabre that could only be turned on and off via the Force.

I remember some comic book about a starpilot smuggler type traveling along the Outer Rim. He had a lightsaber in his possession and everyone thought he was a Jedi because of it, so not many people fucked with him and he was able to use it as a threat of violence in some situations. I think he did use it at a certain point and cut up some hired goons with it.

>hired goons

looks cool and edgy

Foils have curved handles, but its not that exaggerated.

Luke, did I ever tell you about breasts? Breasts were the mammary glands of mammalian species and some reptomammals, and were normally a distinguishing feature of the female of the species. Males did have breasts, but they were far less developed than their female counterparts due to the sexual dimorphism.

In some cultures, sentient females nursed their own young. This was true of both primitive planetary societies like Dathomir, where the warrior-women of the Singing Mountain Clan would feed their children even during solemn councils of war, and high-tech interstellar civilization: Leia Organa Solo nursed her twins for some time and Mara Jade Skywalker nursed her son Ben until he was a few months old. Even Tenel Ka Djo, Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium, nursed her daughter Allana herself.

Alternative techniques of feeding infants did exist, as the TDL nanny droid could store up to two liters of milk internally. Other sentient species retained strong breastfeeding traditions as well: female Wookiees had six breasts, which they used to nurse their litters of cubs. Askajian females also had six breasts, while Gran females had three.

They were good friends.

Forget scientists working on a fully functional lightsaber, we need them to research into this so-called "chair"

ASS2ASS

I wish I could find a job as a hired goon. Sounds sweet AF.

You fool, because not every droid can be trained in your jedi arts by Count Dooku

Modern fencing has no relation to fighting, it should be renamed "electronic tag".

Historically, a curved handle was often found on cavalry sabers, presumably it allows for better slash type attacks but is less useful on foot, since footmen never have curved handles on their swords.

But the one in OP I'm sure is just an affectation.

>what happened to the chairs
Chair Uprising of 1001 BBY. The chairs united against the entire galaxy, but since they're chairs the Sith Empire had their consciousnesses removed with minimal effort.

They're now essentially lifeless corpses.

This happens in Star Wars Rebels

A stormtrooper is holding a Jedi's lightsaber, and the Jedi uses the force to turn it on

>This happens in Star Wars Rebels
does it?

Yup, also a scene where Keenan during a lightsaber duel with the Inquisitor he pulls out a blaster with his spare hand and shoots it point blank range, uses a blaster in his off hand in several other duels as well when his opponent is blocking

But it makes sense when you find out He's not really a Jedi

leverage

It's not magic it's just a laser sword. Anyone can turn it on and swing it around like a fuckhead but only Jedi or force sensitives are really capable of using them best.

is it in the new season? Haven't watched it yet

Is rebels worth watching

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Air

If you like Star Wars and don't hate the art style then I highly recommend it

Season 1 is mostly smuggler stuff, from season 2 onwards they join the rebel fleet

general grievous (stupid name jesus christ) is not a droid. no robot brain.

Grievous was a cyborg

for what prvpose

>Luke, did I ever tell you about pants? They were clothes that humanoids wore over their lower bodies. Some sentient species such as Ewoks and Wookiees did not wear pants, but most male Humans did. In some cases pants were culturally significant, as in the case of Corellian Bloodstripes, which were worn as a length of broken cloth piping down the outer seams of the recipient's pants.

Prostate simulation

>Luke, did I ever tell you about the jizz-box. It's a """""""musical""""""" device people would install in droids. People would often proclaim: "I got a festerin' jizz-box right over there in that corner!" They were good friends.

>Luke, did I ever tell you about chairs? Chairs were pieces of furniture humanoids could sit in. Like many objects in the galaxy, chairs could also function temporarily as ad hoc weapons. They were sometimes made of wood. The term "Chair" could also refer to a chairman. Han Solo owned a chair considered to be the "most comfortable chair ever designed." That was a good chair.

Only on French grips, and anyways modern foils have a pistol grip instead.

Why would a normal person not be able to use a lightsaber?

They were good friends

why not have everyone use one?

people probably thinking the same reason a normal person cant use a magic wand.

>modern fencing has no relation to fighting
>implying actual duels weren't fought to the death under the rules of fencing not so long ago

nominated for dumbest internet post of all time

The blade is effectively weightless but it is gyroscopically stabilized making it difficult to change the direction without either great strength or using the spinning we see in the Prequels to redirect the gyroscope.