SEA: King headed to DL
NYM: Rosario continues to bust
BOS: Nunez stays hot, Red Sox grab sixth win in a row
CHC: Willson Contreras continues his torrid pace post-ASB
HOU: Astros were engaged in talks with Tigers about Verlander
ATL: Braves discussed trade for Michael Fulmer with Detroit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrNoK1V7V4Q
mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/08/06/1695888483/1502055835952/asset_2500K.mp4
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=6cnGl0XRGGQ
twitter.com/metsciti/status/894377907841380352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/noah-syndergaards-game-of-thrones-cameo-is-epic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Dutch

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are busy during the week. Their weekend games will get sold out ahead of time because people want to get to games but can't during the week. You have to realize too that you're comparing Cleveland to the some of the largest cities in America

>3-20

at least nickyd is adjusting well so far to the bigs. Hopeful for reylo next

One of these clubs has the longest home sellout streak in MLB history. Do you know which one?

>Los Angeles Dodgers
>New York Yankees
>Boston Red Sox
>San Fransisco Giants

Is it the Cleveland Indians?

Better make that 3-23.

>HOU: Astros were engaged in talks with Tigers about Verlander

Who the fuck are you? I've been an Astros season ticket holder for 15 years. Longer than you've been alive, kid. Too bad my season tickets are worth about 6 jar of pickles because the Astros fucking blow it every year. I know your type. You're a Houstonian who just oh so loves baseball season, right? You go to the game, probably with your bf, snap some pictures, take some selfies, eat a hot dog, and just LOVE watching the Astros lose. Guess what, I FUCKING DON'T. Take your fake ass back to The Woodlands bitch. I speak nothing but the truth. This team is filled with perennial failures, beaners, white trash with disgusting beards, and worst of all, accountants and gardeners who held Jim Crane at knifepoint and demanded jerseys and are now hoodwinking an entire city.

>just remembered I left my phone charging
>bet I missed a bunch of messages from my friends
>nothing but At-bat updates from 3 hours ago

The Cleveland Indians have the third longest sellout streak

youtube.com/watch?v=FrNoK1V7V4Q

still brings a tear to my eye...

Iktf

>frogs thinking they'll get a team back
>ever

The key to success is to have your team full of chads. Dodgers are working towards this goal and it's been working out thus far.

Why didn't the Mariners just keep Smoak?

red sox

Corey "Piss Snorke" Kluber

As a journeyman pisspig I find Corey Kluber to be a true inspiration

mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/08/06/1695888483/1502055835952/asset_2500K.mp4

Because they're like the Mets. They wanted their own version of Justin Turner and Murpphhhh.

the key is WHITEing your team

Grandal is your starting catcher stop posting that intentionally wrong picture

i dont understand the joyce suspension

angels fans are, in fact, fags

Nola is first Phillies pitcher since 1900 to pitch at least 6 innings and allow no more than 2 runs in 9 consecutive games.

Nah bruh. Grandal is being REPLACED by based Barnes

Who the fuck ejaculated in your coffee sir

Dodgers Starters ERA:

>Kershaw: 2.04
>Wood: 2.33
>Hill: 3.47
>Ryu: 3.53
>Maeda: 3.79
>Darvish 3.81
>McCarthy: 3.84

has a team ever had 7 starters with ERAs this good all the way through the rotation?

The Dodgers 7 Aces just cannot be stopped. Just like the Red Sox 5 Aces or the Phillies 4 Aces. they'll go undefeated in October for the next 10 years

>3.79
>3.81
>3.84
>ERAs this good

Those are good for starters

To put it in perspective, McCarthy's 3.84 ERA would be the 30th best in all of MLB.

Forgetting that Kershit and Darvish have shit the bed in previous postseasons

Kershaw I'll grant you, but Darvish's sample size is way too small to judge from. One of them was an okay start, the other bad.

If the >Rags hadn't been so incredibly shit lately we'd know more about Yu's postseason abilities.

*Time to count my reasons for living*
>"ConfortoAndRosario"
>"ConfortoAndRosario"
>"ConfortoAndRosario"
>"ConfortoAndRosario"

Also the prospect haul we get for deGrom next July

cardinals haters have been trying to diminish it lately, but it was absolutely amazing

That feeling when the Astros finalized a deal with Orioles for Britton but the senile old fuck of a owner vetoed the trade because he didn't want to give up britton unless he got Trout, Kershaw and Kimbrel in return for the fact that "The orioles need their closer if they start winning"

So when can the Orioles start rebuilding to shut up that old fuck?

Too bad Harvey had to go to shit so you couldn't get lots of prospects for him this season.

fat_guy_hitting_home_run.jpg

Yeah that's a shame I guess.

>yfw pisslover tells you he's a fortune 500 employee

Fuck that shit. Smoak had at least 5 chances to prove himself he and he failed. You probably cried when Kotchman had a meme season in 2011 and then fell off the face of the Earth again.

Nationals Starters ERA:

>Scherzer: 2.21
>Gonzalez: 2.66
>Strasburg: 3.25
>Jackson: 4.34
>Roark: 4.82
>Ross: 5.01

>the rags have given up on Adrian Gonzalez, Chris Davis, and Justin Smoak in the last 20 years

Jeimer Candelario

Cubs Starters ERA

>Montgomery: 3.72
>Hendricks: 3.81
>Arrieta: 3.88
>Butler: 3.95
>Lester: 3.97
>Lackey: 4.81

>Montgomery and Severino up and coming talents
>Sonny Gray had a quality start despite shitty defense
>Tanaka is slowly getting better
>David Robertson is back, Chapman is also getting better
>Offense is a perfect blend of power, hitting for average and speed
>Harper coming next year

Just who the FUCK can stop >us?
Red Cucks need not apply, the division is ours this year and for the foreseeable future and there is NOTHING your faggot ass dances can do about it.

Neat

Astros Starters ERA

>Keuchel: 2.15
>Peacock: 3.20
>Morton: 3.78
>McCullers: 3.92
>Fiers: 4.06
>Musgrove: 5.59

>Musgrove isn't a starter anymore

put Colin McHugh there instead

where the fuck is Verlander?

The Yankees aren't scary now. What's scary about them is a couple years from now, when their team is filled with seasoned players under cheap team control, and then the free agent market explodes, so the Yankees deep pockets can fill any hole needed with whatever amount of money is needed. We've seen what the Dodgers are doing, but this is a whole nother level of scary. The Yankees first 5 could realistically be
1. AJ Pollock
2. Manny Machado
3. Bryce Harper
4. Aaron Judge
5. Gary Sanchez

McHugh: 3.24

he'd be 2nd to last, rocking a 4.20 ERA.

more 162 kino

>most in depth
youtube.com
/watch?v=LeFvO69_oSE

>concise and to the point
youtube.com/watch?v=6cnGl0XRGGQ

It all led up to 1 strike away 2x
>pic related

>The yankees could buy a bunch of shitters

scary

Hows he rank in playoff era with all them tho?

You're forgetting that a teams payroll is more than posistion players, and the 5 guys you put there will easily carry 100 million themselves

Right, it's only called the deepest, most talented free agent class in the history of sports because it's just so awful. Don't forget, your swiss army knife is leaving Houston that year

Not at that point in time they won't. Judge and Sanchez will be pre arb still

I think you're all forgetting the stud of the 2018-2019 Free Agent class

His postseason ERA is a solid 3.29. Keuchel would be above him with a 2.57.

I'm not sure if the others have postseason experience.

And mind you, I'm not saying they'll buy everyone, I'm just saying they could fill every single hole with the most expensive player and still be under the luxury tax for a few years. They'll likely get an arm and a bat, so just Harper and insert pitcher here

McHugh does rocking a 4.50

Josh Reddit doesn't leave that year

If you mean Altuve, he's never leaving Houston, even if it means throwing all of their money at him, franchise players never leave. Save for Altuve's Agent probably dick riding the Yankees or Dodgers to get him on their team. Fuck i hate big market teams..

Pitching has to be a concern then too. Gray has arbitration in '17 and '18. Sabathia is getting old. Tanaka is erratic.

Noah's cameo in Game of Thrones was tonight. Obviously he's a based Lannister.

> Save for Altuve's Agent probably dick riding the Yankees or Dodgers to get him on their team. Fuck i hate big market teams.
Take your tin foil hat off. Altuve isn't leaving

Don't forget Machado.
It'll be 2009 all over again, but better.

This is one good thing about Houston for baseball that's kinda shit for life, there's tons of fuckign people speaking spanish everywhere.

The same for LA but I'm sure it makes puerto rican gardeners feel more at home.

Name 3 Positions Jose Altuve played in 2017

Noah Syndergaard is a Lannister

twitter.com/metsciti/status/894377907841380352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://nypost.com/2017/08/06/noah-syndergaards-game-of-thrones-cameo-is-epic/

I've only seen him play 2nd and ss...
is DH a position?

That's what i was saying, but scott boras is a big market cock rider he does everything in his power to lure his clients towards them, even going so far as to lying to them, saying shit like: "You don't want that team, they only like you because you're good"

No wonder he tore his lat.

Fighting dragons an shit.

>NEWS: Altuve to cameo as Tyrion Lannister's shorter twin brother

Best night of baseball ever.

Thanks for reminding me about him

Exactly. Now I was talking about Marwin Gonzalez, who has played 7 positions

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

>yfw

>Swiss army knife of baseball
>Has only played middle infield
user, do you know what makes Swiss Army Knives unique?

Sup Forumsstros!

>mid season ERA
>mattering

I miss QT Josh Reddick being on my team tbqh

That makes me so happy every time I see it.

Hes had one good season

but that shit worked for zobrist

The Gulf logo and The Laugh Factory logo always make me laugh. I always remember Cruz or Kramer fucking up.

There's a lot of value in being able to play anywhere on the field. Hell, that was Craig Biggio's calling card, was it not?

>Unironically watching game of reddit
It was never good to begin with, but this EPIC cameos and fanservice is just embarrassing.

Name a less deserving MVP than 2017 Aaron Judge

Oh no there is

He might be gone with a nice 10+ mil a year contract

I don't see how they can retain everyone.

>Game 111

Starters only have 8-9 outings left this regular season. Some less than that. What you see at this point is likely what you're generally getting down the stretch.

who /130-32/ here?

the first 4 seasons were great. but you are absolutely right about the fanservice being insufferable lately.

.600 club check in

PICKLE

who else /astrosdodgers/ here?

SHITPICKLE

RICK

it's a lonely club. know what's even lonelier?

The .700 club.