Bandcamp thread

not seeing a bandcamp thread here and all the rest are getting p stale.
RULES: Must leave one constructive comment before posting your content

Other urls found in this thread:

andrewstarrandthehoboscene.bandcamp.com/
noriginal.bandcamp.com
nicolasmartinez.bandcamp.com/
pleasancehouse.bandcamp.com/
droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people
droopies.bandcamp.com/yum
dustetc.bandcamp.com/album/grinch
pissalleytapes.bandcamp.com/releases
armsdealer.bandcamp.com/track/widen
samrihiphop.bandcamp.com/album/gse-vol-1
slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/modern-prayers
re-vised.bandcamp.com/album/zap
girlswithdepression.bandcamp.com/album/just-me-and-all-my-flaws-but-only-recently
lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/rsi-autism-and-deep-depression-are-the-only-things-that-unite-us
mindmeltmusic.bandcamp.com/album/years-in-the-making
youtube.com/watch?v=QGVm4uZtlRI
mega.nz/#F!0WJ2mJxb!hkwHbACoa6tCAvE_NCJbLQ
thefullmontesquieu.bandcamp.com/album/vapor-ep
re-vised.bandcamp.com/track/you-are-here-2
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
yamir.bandcamp.com/
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-6
pressurecookerreliefvalve.bandcamp.com/releases
titan-runner.bandcamp.com/album/rise-of-the-machines-ep
neptheprince.bandcamp.com/
surcoviejo.bandcamp.com/
tombo.bandcamp.com/
middleclasssuburbia.bandcamp.com
fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i'll start
andrewstarrandthehoboscene.bandcamp.com/
>freak folk / noise pop
>ffo the microphones, the beach boys

first project in over 4 yrs is out now my bruddahs

noriginal.bandcamp.com

>chill hop
>boom baps

nicolasmartinez.bandcamp.com/

>Sour Pop

pleasancehouse.bandcamp.com/

>atmospheric folk, electronica stuff

New album "Orbiter", out February 8, 2018. CDs are available. Single coming in TWO days. Thanks for listening everybody.

I really like how this kicks in around the minute mark. Beautiful backing harmonies. Lo-fi done right. Legit.

droopies.bandcamp.com/album/responsible-people

>vocals drums guitars
>philadelphia
free album codes:
rbdn-xrm8
hzdv-3dnj
zs3e-vxhe
redeem @ droopies.bandcamp.com/yum

dustetc.bandcamp.com/album/grinch

>loud rock deep voice

recs

album feb 2nd

cloudburst: alright yea yea diggin the found sounds on this. vocal delivery is lush and nice. I'm wigglin in my chair. big fan of this song.

soul happy go go: vocal delivery is super smooth. drum sample is crisp. hook is lazy (in a good way- i dont know how to explain, that word just popped into my brain.

pissalleytapes.bandcamp.com/releases

>Abrasive minimal techno

recs

This is gritty as fuck. I feel like I should be a space cop intercepting the latest shipment of space heroin from pluto. Seriously though, this is great. Consistent lo-fi sound that doesn't use the genre tag as a crutch.

Midas-Widen

armsdealer.bandcamp.com/track/widen

New track from a experimental electronic singer-songwriter project. Unexpectedly ended up with some King Krule/Tom Waits industrial sound.

>experimental electronics, industrial, singer-songwriter, lo-fi

samrihiphop.bandcamp.com/album/gse-vol-1

>sample based hip hop
>old school
>original

slowhorsepublishing.bandcamp.com/album/modern-prayers

>no-fi rock
>classical midi
>musique concrete

My latest and greatest album so far

I love how dissonant and slow the synths are here. It's also quite minimal without getting too boring.

this is fire! This should be the kind of pop that normies listen to, wow! I'm blown away
You've really got some good guitar chops. This is quite haunting, you should really get your name out there.
really blows me away, powerful stuff. Goddamn this is a star studded bandcamp thread.

re-vised.bandcamp.com/album/zap
>hardcore bedroom pop
>The Cure-inspired
>oh the pain

kind of a bad description, it sounds like hardcore post-punk

>nicolasmartinez.bandcamp.com/

This is pretty interesting. From a technical perspective, I'm impressed. This is attention-getting and energetic but I'm not quite getting into it. (Obviously that could be any bias about the situation tho. It's after midnight and I am not sober.) I feel like I'm too aware of it, what it's trying to be?

I listened to both "Awesome" and "Sparrows." I thought "Sparrows" was the stronger of the two tracks because the lyrics were more interesting. "Awesome" had verse after verse where nothing really happened. (The concept didn't develop or follow through very much.)

I also thought both songs sounded a little bit oversaturated compared to big budget pop music. It didn't sound bad or ugly but it did sound a little bit cheap/unprofessional. It was consistent to both tracks tho so maybe that's just part of your thing.

What is your thing exactly? I'm kind of intrigued by what's there. Mexican guy makes DAW-pop with a lot of pitch-correction and also makes minimalist artwork? It's kind of a blank slate but I'm drawn in. If I felt like I could learn just a little bit about you in each of your songs, that could really get me moving through your discography.

Have you been thinking about in what context these songs should be listened to?

AND ANYWAY, HERE'S MY SHIT.

It's a little bit similar.
>lyrical songwriting / DAW-pop / bedroom pop
http:

girlswithdepression.bandcamp.com/album/just-me-and-all-my-flaws-but-only-recently

And for example, I think in terms of context, my songs benefit from being in the context of my other songs. I feel like that way you get to vibe with my songwriting and producing sensibilities and get a sense of what I mean when I do what I do. I hope my music succeeds on a greater-than-individual-song basis by building a connection between the audience and my persona as a singer-songwriter. (Or maybe I sound like a pretentious douche.)

>re-vised.bandcamp.com/album/zap
>>hardcore bedroom pop
>>The Cure-inspired
>>oh the pain

Both the songs on Zap were pretty interesting. I found the mixes were both a little hard to understand (tho I felt like I got what you meant by the end of the second song)

My first impression was that it was gonna be kinda ugh because of the mix quality but I was surprised to find that buried under there, you actually had some hooks. I'm not sure what to tell you about how to mix and arrange these songs but I think your current production does a disservice to what you've written and that seems like the biggest thing to address or get help with.

ALSO:
> This should be the kind of pop that normies listen to

cute.

So the nitpicky negative side of me says "What are you doing to differentiate yourself from other music like this? This is exactly like half the techno out there"-- but that is actually overshadowed by the fact that this bangs and I am downloading it so I can play it in my car and I can't wait to drive over the mountain listening to this fuckin' shit.

>I feel like I should be a space cop intercepting the latest shipment of space heroin from pluto.
Incredible description. 1 million A++s

>armsdealer.bandcamp.com/track/widen
>
>New track from a experimental electronic singer-songwriter project. Unexpectedly ended up with some King Krule/Tom Waits industrial sound.

This is honestly pretty cool but I think it needs to be taken further. The song doesn't have that big moment where something *happens.* I feel like it just builds forever, moving toward something. Maybe it'd fit fine the way it is on an album, but as a single, I really feel like it's waiting on its "In the Air Tonight" drum solo moment where the fuckin' levy breaks.

Honor the thread you're weaving by bringing it to an unmistakable climax, please.

This sounds very convincingly like late '90s/early '00s pop/alt rock. Production and singing are very credible. Lyrics didn't pull me in. (ie I didn't follow them through the whole way. I heard something about a suicide which got my attention but it didn't immediately reward my interest so I went back to not paying attention to the lyrics. This is a terrifyingly honest depiction of my attention-thought-process.)

I'm interested how the other songs on the album will fit with this one, tonally and structurally.

lovecrypt.bandcamp.com/album/rsi-autism-and-deep-depression-are-the-only-things-that-unite-us

We are no longer united by the struggle. What's more, it has never united us. Shackled in one chain — yes , this is about us, but the chain composed of such links as soreness, incapacity, complexity. Once we gathered to act! Once we couldn't even imagine that our individual weaknesses would merge into one large laxity, weakness of the group and it isn't crowded out by the sum of our talents, the weakness has grown to such a volume that started attracting the mass. Meanwhile within, we've lost something that could help us to achieve even fabulous peaks if only we all were on our own. Now there are not so many things left — tunnel syndrome, depression, maybe alcohol and drug addiction, as a soil we stand on.
Dedicated to creators.

>dark ambient
>industrial drone
>instrumental noise
>shanghai

Redeem codes @ damba.bandcamp.com/yum

fvg9-kw5y
mbku-y4br
9ana-7msl
37a8-vzce

The Cure inspired hardcore bedroom pop sounds too easy for hardcore, bro :)
I have some recommendations for you in terms of mixing. Try to reduce bass and remove flanger at the start it sounds like a plastic. But I love the dynamic of your drum set (not sure if it is real drums).

mindmeltmusic.bandcamp.com/album/years-in-the-making

Mind Melt - Years In The Making (2017)
>Psych Rock
>Improv
>Odd Timing
>Various Influences
youtube.com/watch?v=QGVm4uZtlRI
mega.nz/#F!0WJ2mJxb!hkwHbACoa6tCAvE_NCJbLQ

thefullmontesquieu.bandcamp.com/album/vapor-ep
>alternative r&b, future garage, art pop

by odd timing you mean you need to practice with a metronome? practice with a metronome
I like the shoegaze stuff, the plucky guitar didn't fit and idk why it was there BC it didn't build to anything
ETERNAL RECC.
I'm glad u keep working on stuff man, it all sounds great.
idk why u would think this is classical, most of the midi posts sound like ur average prog rock synths. It's really good, though, reminds me of The Brave Little Abacus. Gonna return to this

returning to say: more of the progressive electronic and chamber and less of the guitar please

or at least make ur use of the guitar more melodically driving, get a drummer to back you or smth

missed the bottom of this, so I didn't think you'd posted.
Fish Love Christmas is interesting, the industrial bits are at least.
The rest is corny ass revivalism of a corny ass era of a corny ass genre

Hi, man! Thanks for your observations. I guess I just make what I want to listen to. I call it pop because it's kind of straight forward and relatively easy to listen, but I'm not really trying to make top 40 songs.

I like your stuff. You have a vey consistent style. The vocals have a pretty cool 90s alt rock vibe, which is dramatic but somehow doesn't take itself very seriously. It kinda reminds me of Modest Mouse at times. The music it's very playful, sometimes even childish sounding, which creates an interesting contrast with the vocals. Keep it up.

(me)
Yo thanks so much for that! You've got a very cool and creative sound too.
I feel that. what do you think of this song? It was mixed by my friend who's pretty pro re-vised.bandcamp.com/track/you-are-here-2

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>one man band
>delivering from depressive black metal and narcotic rock to dark ambient and piano based music

reccing
checking and reviewing everything else as an user :)

oh lordy i'm back with new material next month

yamir.bandcamp.com/
>experimental rock / ambient
>ambient, spacey reverb stuff with guitars and every sine wave imaginable
>also some offshoot electronic EPs ranging from deep house to uk bass

>I want to feel your music in my hands...
cbrcbr.bandcamp.com/album/mullv-d

>I want to rate your music!
rateyourmusic.com/artist/yamir_c_

powerful

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-6

released January 12, 2018

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings, loops, noise

recc

AOTY INCOMING

Did the funding ever get finished for possible physical media for this album?

How important is freedom of speech in your music /bc/? I forget that i lurk a board with people from possibly all over the world with different laws in terms of what's allowed to be distributed online
The reason I'm asking is because i found a dude who shared his bandcamp in another thread and they made a concept album about censorship. I just overlooked that fact about reality

pressurecookerreliefvalve.bandcamp.com/releases

>experimental
>sound collage

>new yamir
>new pleasance house
>all in the same month
Wew what a year it's shaping up to be

If the rest of this album is as creative, unpredictable and beautiful as this then Sand Bath is going to be stellar. How much of it is noise pop/freak folk compared to the more clean cut pop of this single?

titan-runner.bandcamp.com/album/rise-of-the-machines-ep

>cliche synthgarbage-wave made for shits and giggles

never been into that rough, lo-fi sound but this is hella good

You're talented (obviously, you're an engineer after all). Judging from the first few tracks, i can say so far that you're adept with making different moods within hip-hop at a high quality too. It's personal, funny, insightful into the dark reality of break ups/recovery and worth passing around

This is interesting. Reminds me of math rock in the vein of Maps and Atlases mixed with a more contemporary songwriting structure. Either way, best thing I've heard come from Mexico in a while. Are you working on an EP or album at the moment?

forgot to say it, I'm releasing in the next weeks a refurbished EP with new stuff and new vocals (female and male). hyped

Scrugley back at it
What was your goal with the EP?

like dsbm but with no guitars, with piano, drums, some strings & vocals
I dont really know if people will like it, but I'm really satisfied with the final product ^_^

neptheprince.bandcamp.com/

>beats
>rap

new even oxen originals when?

surcoviejo.bandcamp.com/
surcoviejo.bandcamp.com/
surcoviejo.bandcamp.com/

>bedroom noise

good choice of title and name though lol

tombo.bandcamp.com/
>amateur lofi hip hop beats

this is the single most pretentious bandcamp page I have ever seen. congrats on that.

Hey just to be clear this is Even Oxen right?

It got about half funded which was good enough, and I'm glad I did that because I've had some emergency financial issues since then lol

Also interesting concept as far as censorship, I disagree with it and am for freedom of speech and honesty, I'll have to check that album out

-Pleasance House

Stripped down my recording process and focused more on songwriting.
Ended up very lofi because of this, mainly recorded on a small portable tape player

>cello and guitar
>slowcore / folk

middleclasssuburbia.bandcamp.com

fizzydiscoproductions.bandcamp.com/releases

>alternative

Hiya all, just wanted to thank you all for being great with helping me getting my music up there. Though my time has come to an end I hope you'll enjoy some part of it that stays. See you!

literally who?