If you could listen to any album for the first time again, what would you choose?

If you could listen to any album for the first time again, what would you choose?
And why.

Because eargasm

the obvious choice

genuinely this

Meddle, all the way.

Was gonna post this.

Is it because you can't listen to it because it was never finished?

It was beautiful.

close

Listening to pic related for the first time, holy shit it's the best I've had in a while

I hated the album, but love the album cover.

It was one of the first metal albums I gave a serious listen along with Ride and Kill, when I listened to Orion, specifically the middle part I fell in love and music kind of took a new meaning to me. It went from being something that you can just listen to for fun or while youre doing something else, to something that can be really beautiful, and something that can hold onto you in a unique way, with the memories that it brings. From that moment I started looking for more and more music from different types more seriously, paying more attention.

Sorry to get so gay over a fucking song but it was great

The first time I heard this album I could feel actual physical sensation because of how good it was

still blows me away everytime i listen to it, but the first time was truly incredible. opened me up to experimental hip hop and, from there on, experimental music in general

Was coming in here for this.

I wish

And why indeed.

absolutely. king of carrot flowers was fucking mind blowing on the first listen.

i'd also choose either pic related or person pitch. yhf because it's crazy and person pitch because i've listened to it so many times it's lost it's appeal.

I was literally thinking this today. I've listened to this album so much that I can't imagine how it feels to not know it by heart. it makes me a little sad that I'll never listen to it again for the first time.

this. listening to it for the first time now, it's super, man.

Unironically

Probably this. It was pretty much the first time I really felt anything from music. Before this, I would just listen to the radio, because I didn’t really care for exploring music much. It really blew my mind, learning that the few songs you would hear on the radio aren’t the only good songs, and that it’s usually best to experience music in albums.

this fucked my shit real hard the first time

it was such a spiritual experience hearing this for the first time, now it's kinda lost its magic for me, im trying not to listen to it for the next 6 months to see if it'll come back, but i also rly want the fuckin vinyl

I didn't like this

a lot of people didn't which is cool i understand not liking it

Have to go with a different Pink Floyd album. Oh to hear this again for the 1st time.

sigh

I was driving home in the rain one afternoon while listening to this. Every single track, especially Ascention Day, was such a euphoric experience.

The first time I heard this album it took my damn breath away. I had never heard that sort of noisy electronic music with a live punk attitude. So fantastic. Wish I could relive it.

This. Me and my cousin were diggin these guys hardcore for a bit, but for a while it was just a few songs. When we hit this album, it was something magical, every song was a hit, loved it. Weed helped. Now my best friend is dead, I would love to go back and listen to this back to back with him, like the first time.

Unironically this. First prog album I listened and I fell in love with it immediately.

Literally pushed me to kill myself and saved me at the same time. Most important album of my entire life.

2nd half is trash

buttprog

buttprog

recycle-bin core

of all who albums really?

nobody cares

Seriously the most boring album of all time

no

snooze core

fucking lmao

nobody cares

You are insecure. Kys.

I guess the ones he skipped were good choices.

Congrats to all who were not flagged by the mighty commenter, he who decides

just to hear the chord change in banshee beat

Yeah, definitely this

>tfw will never experience something so cold again

Obviously.

>before: metalfag, only listen to trve 90s black metal
>after: wtf I love pop now
it opened a new world to me (even it isn't their best album) and I never recovered

Interstellar overdrive is one of the, if not the, most important songs in psychedelic rock

im 24 and just listened to this for the first time this week after 7 years on mu

incredible stuff

I can honestly remember my life in two distinct moments: Pre and Post Flood. Flood 3 absolutely blew me away the first time heard it. And this isn't like it was babby's first time listening to drone. I had already been quite into drone for a while, but it was quite possibly the most larger than life moment I can recall hearing on an album. It's not even like I was doing anything that particularly primed me for it. I was driving to the bank and it just hit me and was absolutely huge.

Another one might be the intense dread I felt the first time listening to Kurumizu. Boris isn't even my favorite band by a long stretch, but those two songs are huh...wow.

Came to post this one. It was the first post-rock album I had listened to, and remember being surprised of the tension they created. At some moments it felt like I was about to die

Never understood the love for this album. It's good, but it unfortunately solidified the worst cliches and trends of the genre that have been repeated ad nauseum ever since. I think F#A# is a 10/10, but never got why people loved this album so much. Yes it's influential, but not really in a good way imo.

overrated

Lateralus by Tool.

Maybe because many people, like myself, listen to the genre for the first time through this album

Could have been these too desu just adding something different

Understandable. I always felt the same about Kid A too. I never got into it because I was already listening to all those early Warp Records artists. It wasn't my first introduction to electronic music.

i would literally sell my soul desu

this is who you share a board with everybody

i want to go back to the moment when i first heard the drums on "Good Morning, Captain"

Agree

cause u can listen to the story again

Wish I could find more

This

Green Grass of Tunnel is hands down one of the most euphoric experiences I've had with music

All of these
My fukkin dude

Forgot pic

sad kek

This actually has nothing to do with the album itself.

these motherfuckers
desperately wish i'd seen them live too
also good picks

Yeah. After listening to it a hundred times around 10 years ago, i completely stopped and I'm almost forgot everything about it. I don't have any memory of what Idioteque sounds like and that was my favorite track. the National Anthem bassline will probably be stuck in my head forever, but other than that, I have just a few years to go until Everything In Its Right place slips out of mind, and I can have the closest thing possible to listening to it for the first time again. Can't wait

Definitely Neon ballroom

this is definitely up there for me, im curious to see how it would hold up if i heard it first as an adult and not as a teenager

Dude this and op's post. While on shrooms with a nice bit of hash.

The first time I listened to dance yourself clean I was blown away desu, I never really listened to music like this before. All I Want and Home also fucked me up the first time I listened to it.

this
especially The Gift

you will never be a depressed 15 year old listening to spiderland on a laptop at 3 in the morning ever again

Giant Squid - Cenotes hits me in my Om spot.

i wanna bully u

or maybe the first Amoseurs EP.

this

this is a pretty strong contender for me too. but i think hearing Bassaliens by Sunn O))) tops it for me.
I've always been absorbed into drone and atmospheric music, but this was other worldly.

pic related

awful albums

Pleb choice, but I would love to listen hallelujah and lover, you should've come over for the first time again

this.
i don't even remember my first time listening to it. i always felt ive already heard all the songs before

I had never listened to any Pink Floyd album, and someone told me that this was the ultimate album to listen to on acid. So I took LSD and listened to this for the first time. Might've been the greatest experience of my life, and the only regret I have was that I listened to it in stereo.

still remember driving to the city with this playing in the car, Family Business really hit me hard.

y bully me fren

>dat ageless voice
>dem bittersweet melodies
>dem long-ass guitar solos
based Neil Young

hahaha i have a distinct memory of listening to that for the first time too, so fucking good
i also remember playing it for my friends at uni when we'd just got back from a dj night and we were all still fucked up on mdma, they hadn't heard it and their reactions were so great