What is your favourite quote from the prequels?

What is your favourite quote from the prequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sokan
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy!

sand

ARE YOU AN ANGEL?!?!

Anaking, I have the higher position!

"I HATE YOU!"
I remember laughing at this in the theatre and hearing a few other chuckles as well.

Sand...

They were younglings!

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE JEDI ARE EVIL

>"It's over Anakin, now I have the high ground!"

I never really got this, Maul also had high ground and Obi-Wan fucked him over.

Is Obi-Wan master of two grounds technique? The low ground and high ground? And is there a middle ground?

>This is the end Anaking, I have the higher position!
fixed

This, and I AM THE SENATE.

DEYGONEINDAVENTALTIONSHAFT

I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!

Palpatine: Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
Anakin: No.
Palpatine: I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith so powerful and so wise, he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create...life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying.
Anakin: He could actually...save people from death?
Palpatine: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
Anakin: What happened to him?
Palpatine: He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power...which, eventually of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death...but not himself.
Anakin: Is it possible to learn this power?
Palpatine: Not from a Jedi

>Yippee!

Sociopaths

OOOO MAXI BIG DA FORCE!

you wanna buy some death sticks?

he didnt fly so good!

GET HIM DAD! GET HIM! FIRE!

no you dont

So it's treasure, then.

RAAAAAAH HATE YOU

Memes aside, Sheev was the best thing about the prequels, and that space opera (or whatever) scene where he was seducing him was great. Hayden was a decent casting, he just got a really, really shitty script.

Hayden was supposed to play guy in his late puberty who is angsty and unsure. He did that job perfectly.

>So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause...

>NOOOOOO

>Yipee!

>Exsqueeze me

>I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating... and it gets everywhere. Not like you

>I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me

>It's over Anakin, I have the high ground!

Meesa no like da naboooo

AGHOOOOOAOOWAOOROAOOA

I forgot about that kiss line, it sounds like badly executed Shakespeare

SITH LORDS ARE OUR SPECIALITY

>flash back to last time they met Count Dooku
>*lying on floor beaten and broken*

You're absolutely correct I do not remember this at all.

Roger, roger.

I hate that fucking kid. Anyone that tells me that Boba Fett is their favorite character is instantly removed from my life. Just fuck off and die.

>I never really got this, Maul also had high ground and Obi-Wan fucked him over.
it was a reference to that moment

I KILLED ALL THE SAND

I killed them, I killed them all. Every single one of them. They're dead. And not just the men... But the women and the children too.
THEYRE LIKE ANIMALS. AND I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS!

I HATE THEM!

He's kinda redeemed in the Clone wars tv series. Made interesting and given some character development for his change into the bounty hunter.

"I am the senate" is unironically an amazing quote. Prove me wrong.

this is so wizard

Some people interpret that Obi Wan was able to overcome Maul because he had the high ground from his point of view. However that didn't work for Anakin when he fought Obi Wan.

There are two ways of gaining the high ground. Sith spinning (a good trick known to Sheev Palpatine) or moral high ground. If you have the moral high ground you can also acquire the physical high ground.

isn't that like an actual historical quote?

The prequel movies genuinely suck. They're awkwardly-written, poorly-acted, messy stories full of goofy and ill-conceived characters, and I'd rather watch the Plinkett reviews than the flicks themselves any day of the week, but good God in their own specially Lucas-crafted autistic strangeness they are far more engaging than the safe, moderately entertaining but ultimately forgettable blandness of The Force Awakens (I still haven't seen R1).

>he could even keep the ones he cared about...from dying

So...

He was a doctor.

The more I think of it the more I think Darth P.'s "super force powers" are probably no different from advanced medicine, which should be commonplace in Star Wars.

THE JEDI I ADMIRE MOST
MET UP WITH DARTH MAUL AND NOW HE'S TOAST
NOW I'M STILL HERE AND HE'S A GHOST

he's talking about immortality you pleb

The middle ground is his weakness; it's no coincidence that's how he dies.

>Palpatine: "You can't defeat him, he's a SITH LORD"

Somehow I never noticed how he was subtly posturing himself.

This

>If so powerful you are, why leave?

>If you are not with me, then you are my enemy

Yeah but at that point Anakin wasn't looking specifically for immortality, he was looking for a way to prevent Padme from dying in childbirth.

Living forever is a fine thing but Padme wasn't in danger of dying of old age during childbirth, she was in danger of (as far as he knew) medical complications. He was driven to serve Palpatine because he could "save Padme's life" but if he wanted to do that he should have just made sure she was tended to by excellent doctors, which I'm sure someone of her status would have no problem with.

Hell, the very concept of dying of birth complications in such an advanced magic-tech world should be unheard of.

THEY'VE GONE UP THE VENTILATION SHAFT

>republic credits will be fine
>no. They won't. What you think waving your hand around like that makes you some kind of Jedi? Jedi mind tricks don't work on the chosen people; oooonly mooooney

>People actually believes this high ground bullshit

Jeusus crist.

Obi-Wan had "killed" a guy on the high ground so he knew how to defend it. Pretty simple.

>Implying Lucas hadn't thought this out from the beginning
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sokan

Anyone have the sheeve stabbing gif?

Why didn't Anakin just jump at the side or elsewhere and not right behind of Obi, where he can easily cut him down?

More importantly, why didn't Darth Maul do the same to Obi Wan when he had the chance? Plot armor?

Are you threatening me, master jedi?

This.
>All these hilariously awful and bizzarely autistic quotes in this thread
TFA was like watching a forgettable tame piece of romantic drama Oscar bait. The Prequels are like watching The Room, The fucking Room, only this time it was filmed with a multi-hundred million dollar budget by one of the most respected producer/directors in Hollywood at the time.

I've got a red dress signed by Tommy Wiseau, so I think you know which one I'd rather watch...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lucas at hi's best.

>Yes sir!
>Right Away
>Cover that corner
>Blast him
>I'm sorry sir, but its time for you to leave.
>They're all over me, getisdfscrrrrrrrrhsh

>Come on sir, when have I ever let you down?

Watch those wrist rockets!!!!

Very well put. This is the correct opinion

"Chancellor Palpatine, Sith Lords are our speciality."

I'm a fan of those films, but McGregor really acted circles around nearly everyone in them. I doubt people wouldn't have had as much of a problem with Christiensen's overly-mannered performance if he wasn't acting opposite McGregor's effortless naturalism.

Reminds me of 'i am the law'

>I'd rather watch the Plinkett reviews than the flicks themselves any day
kys

There's a deleted episode from the clone wars where Boba and Cad bane get a Mentor and Apprentice relationship, it seemed very promising

obi wan has the advantage whenever the high ground is in play, no matter who has it. which is why when vader killed him they were on perfectly neutral ground

You can't win Anakin, I have the high ground
YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER

No need to flashback to the last time they met Dooku, he was lying on the floor beaten and broken like 30 seconds after saying this.

I liked it when jar jar stepped in the poopy haha

Do not make the attempt, Anakin, for I am at a higher elevation relative to your current position!

Stop doubting my abilities!