/cric/

no edition edition

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2017/aug/07/sea-lice-feast-on-fresh-meat-in-australia-after-teenager-left-bloodied-video
theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/aug/07/tiny-meat-loving-marine-creatures-eat-teenagers-legs-at-melbourne-beach
youtube.com/watch?v=2WVl0NgdsDk
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/08/just-not-cricket-english-clubs-cry-foul-over-new-ruling-on-amateur-status
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

post in my thread

>mfw South Africa bat out the day

The fellas in the audience, half naked, chanting, getting drunk on a monday..they're a disgrace

Cricket is a family sport

love it when they try it in Australia and look like a lobster at the end of the day

Pathetic effort from SA desu.

Perfect batting pitch plus an easy total to chase and they're messing it up. Still have them as favourites though.

kek

As expected, team batting last falls apart like a 50 quid suit.

Test cricket is shit these days.

More like South Shitfrica lmao

WTF I have tickets for tomorrow.

gg easy

AREMO

>J Root - 2 overs
what

>australia lost to THIS

>buying 5th day tickets for any test match
Even day 4 is pushing it.

enjoying that pom going through the old thread and not getting any joke

England are undoubtedly the best team in the world on bowler friendly wickets. Too bad every other country just prepares roads.

on English and New Zealand bowling friendly wickets

guarantee if you served them up a classic WACA pitch they'd be just as garbage as they are on roads

SA just need to put out a better team whether it's white black green blue whatever

everyone loves to point the finger at quotas but really I can't think of a single coloured player that shouldn't be in the side right now

Good luck finding the tourist hotspots of Mudchester.

Would the result have been different if Stale Dane was playing?

a tour through Moss Side, cat curry in Rusholme, maybe a trip out to Oldham for freak show.

Yes. He would have been godlike on these pitches.

De kock really wasted his chance

Maybe even a tour of the clothes wholesalers in Cheetham Hill. Living it large.

This. England don't have the bowlers to make the most of Australian bouncy meme wickets.

>West Indies getting flogged by Kent

Jesus the test series isn't going to be pretty...

pay no mind to the fella with the machete asking you to step out of your car though.

For the ashes their best hope is winning the toss, batting Hales at 5, get runs on the board and then hope Moeen can mop up on day 4 when the aussies get exposed by occasionally not shit spin bowling.

Who do you reckon will stat pad the heaviest in the England camp?

If I'm honest, I'll be disappointed if we lose.

>Who do you reckon will stat pad the heaviest in the England camp?

Reckon Root will get a few 50s.

Alex Hales killing it again.Division 2 runs though, it has to be said.

when's the next test then

week thursday

Adam Lyth
Nick Browne
Gary Madsen
Sam Northeast (c)
Joe Clarke
Ben Foakes (wk)
Joffra Archer
Craig Overton
Tom Helm
Matt Parkinson
Mark Footitt

find a flaw

Cricket is gay

general lack of international quality

Reckon we'll see about 9 days play in total for the series, provided England bat first.

Definite potential.
Though not in cricket.

the kent side playing west indies is mostly second string as well kek. not even the elite Matt Coles is playing

Reckon Blob Key could come out of retirement and get a few runs against them.

>probably won't drop Jennings
>he scores some runs against the Meme Indies
>goes to Australia and is shit

Can't stand the absurd patience of our selectors

I think they'll go with someone else.

The problem is THAT person will probably get runs and then get exposed in Australia.

Dudes there's room for a lot of players to get exposed in Australia.
At least 3 of the top 5, Moeen, and whoever we pick as third seamer and belated realise is 80mph and can't move it off the straight away from England.

just come home lads, bit drunk. nice day's cric.

Same, I had a really shit burger at lunch though so that almost ruined the day

just pls dont get whitewashed again. pls

What counts a success?
4-0
4-1
3-1
3-0

Whatever happens we're going in with three literal whos in the top order.

The most experienced guy we can possibly pick outside Cook & Root is Gary fucking Ballance

can you blokes explain this "cricket" thing to me

Cricket is honestly the sport that requires the least intelligence and I include ones such as shin kicking in that statement

Cook
Stoneman*
Westley
Root
Clarke

This is the ideal top 5 for England moving forward.Maybe move Root to 3, take Westley out and move Clarke up one and add Hales at 5.

*think Stoneman would probably flop like the rest but there are so few other good options.Rory Burns is younger than Stoneman and maybe has more potential but on current form it's unfair to gloss over Stoneman.Nick Browne does a job for Essex but is he international class?Bell-Drummond another option, definitely will have a role in the limited overs team in the future but I'm not sure he'd do any better than Jennings in the current set-up.Abell literally had one half-decent season.

Think Hameed will ultimately be the man but he's out of form right now and wouldn't want to drop him in at the Ashes, he might not make too many runs and never get his confidence back.He's the man for the future but maybe not right now.

pls respond.

making an england top 5 moving forward is pointless when we can just wait for the scientific advancements necessary to clone joe root.

Well, if your opinion of the new guys is so low why not:
Cook
Stoneman
Bell
Root
Hales
?

Clarke is literally Root mk 2.

Don't think it's a good idea to bring Bell back.Lovely player to watch but >we shouldn't go backwards.

Cricket is shit lol

/cric/ btfo.How will they ever recover from this?

dota is like cricket and chess combined

tbf Australia almost lost to a 2nd division county in 2015

theguardian.com/australia-news/video/2017/aug/07/sea-lice-feast-on-fresh-meat-in-australia-after-teenager-left-bloodied-video
Wtf

theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/aug/07/tiny-meat-loving-marine-creatures-eat-teenagers-legs-at-melbourne-beach
Shan't go to the beach ever again

>reading the Guardian
Gtfo lefty

>LE U R LE LEFTY XD XD
>LE FUG LE GUARDIAN

Thanks for the reply fatt

>LE U R LE MATT XD XD

Tricked you into replying again m8. Looking forward to you next reply

its like a grasshopper m8

>LE U R LE TRICKED XD LMAO

Spotted the freshie lads

>LE U R LE FRESHIE XD XD

based /nrl/

pwned

*blocks your path*

*prevents your advance forth*

remember when harmison couldn't even get the ball on the pitch in his first ball for the 2007/8 ashes?

youtube.com/watch?v=2WVl0NgdsDk

Hi how is ellyse doing?

stop watching T20s

Even T20 is a bit long and boring so I do hope they experiment with T10 soon

It's bucketing down with rain today but I need to go for a run to meet my calorie limit today lads
Hate life

Just use the treadmill lah

Honestly think handstanding could be the next revolutionary method of staying fit

Don't have one m8

>Ywn see de villiers or Steyn play test cricket again

Just kill me lads

Hmm

Hate rain
Hate Europe
Hate the northern hemisphere
Love deserts
Love dying of thirst
Love watering plants three times a day

>Amateur cricket clubs have complained that new Home Office immigration guidance could bar talented young overseas players from the country and permanently diminish the English game.
>The new rules, which refine the definition of amateur status, have so concerned the England and Wales Cricket Board that it has requested a meeting with the Home Office. The move comes after clubs warned that the updated guidance, which is supposed to simply be a clarification, makes it harder for promising young players to come to the UK.
theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/08/just-not-cricket-english-clubs-cry-foul-over-new-ruling-on-amateur-status

county cricket on suicide watch

Going to the servo anyone want anything?

mum and I are auditioning for the next season of "marry my boy" ama

i like t20 but i hate the music and the sound horns and the gimmicks

i'm enjoying the CPL will the sound off

grab us a big m will ya m8

just a pack of peter jackson blue 20s brother

glass of milk

bring back martin crowe's meme ruleset I reckon

Saxshit, you here mate?

It's saxGOD

I reckon we need to think of a new way to get batsmen out to shake cricket up a bit, anyone got any ideas?

being a homo