Overrated

>overrated

I don't think the ones on the right are, and PTA and Hitchcock both have good movies.

Martin is definitively overrated. Spielberg is a fucking joke

is that scorsese unshooped? wowie powie. would not want to kiss that.. not that i would otherwise LOOLLLL

Really? You don't enjoy jurassic park, jaws, AI, ET?

It should be Scorsese, Tarantino, Anderson and Spielberg.

Scorsese delivers consistent B+ movies.

Tarantino deliverd Pulp Fiction so please calm down over there

> Hitchcock
> overrated

Everyone has their opinions, some are just objectively wrong.

Who's on your Underrated list then plebbit contrarian?

David Lean
Gaspar Noe
Milos Forman
Peter Weir
Alexander Payne

... Hmmmm

>Martin Scorsese
He has made some 10/10 films and he has never made a bad film. He isn't overrated.
>Alfred Hitchcock
I would bet a lot of money you've only watched Vertigo, Psycho and The Birds. He made a ton of great films.

these don't seem very underrated

You had me up until jurassic park. Guess i'll have to read the book to forget the movie.

>Wolf of Wall Street, Shutter Island
>Rebecca lol

What is Shutter Island?
And new york gangs was ruined by that shitty third act

>Wolf of Wall Street
That was a great comedy though.
>Shutter Island
I'll admit that's one of his worst but it isn't terrible.
>Rebecca lol
Are you implying that Rebecca discredits Hitchcock? Or are you saying that you've seen Rebecca along with Vertigo, Psycho and The Birds?

I'm saying they're both overrated

Strangers on a Train is good, but that's it. Taxi Driver is good, but it's not as great as everyone makes it out to be. Drops mic

Wes Anderson is underrated and his movies are very enjoyable.

>putting PTA anywhere near those actual filmmakers

and the list goes on... right? lmao this pleb

>Strangers on a Train is good, but that's it.
Have you seen The 39 Steps, Rope, Dial M for Murder or Rear Window?
>Taxi Driver is good, but it's not as great as everyone makes it out to be.
It's a 10/10 masterpiece and Raging Bull is also a 10/10 masterpiece.

Take out Hitchcock and Scorsese, put in Quentin Tarantino and Richard Linklater.

You will die

Hitchcock isn't overrated, he's just ubiquitous. Most people generally aren't even familiar with his films.

People recognize psycho or the birds, but if you asked if he was good / great /etc they'll just know he's famous.

I would agree to Scorsese even though he's great, and spielberg who is also great. PTA is a middle ground. He has made some pretty gret movies, he's mediocre movies (I didn't love Magnolia) but he's not particularly lauded.

Probably the most overrated director currently is Denis Villeneauve. But the guy is also my one of my favorite director working, his popularity is merited but only to an extent.

I am triggered