About to watch Star Wars for the first time ever

about to watch Star Wars for the first time ever.

The complete (until now) Saga.

What order should I watch it?

IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just do them in the order they were released.

thank you

You're welcome.

Watch Attack Of The Clones and jump off the nearest high place head first.

This

Just watch it in episode order. The prequels are bad but they have their moments and the third one is okay. They are canon and the new films make the pain go away (the pain that the prequels were the only movies we might ever get).

All orders are based on preserving the plot twist in Empire for first time viewers but it's far more of a mindfuck to first time viewers to watch Anakin progress than that 1981 plot twist everybody already knows. Also people who did not grow up as fans of the OT don't seem to give a fuck about the prequel debate

No because in releas order the prequels are worse because you know what happens. Lucas deliberately said fuck you to the fans and made a trio of movies intended to be watched in episode order. There are no surprises in release order.

4,5,1,2,3,6,7 is the best order.

I, II, III, Rogue One, IV, V, VI, VII

IV V VI

Everything else is awful made up bullshit

4, 5, 6, 7

1-3 and R1 are so bad you can just skip them.

Watch the original trilogy and then move on to episode 7 only to realise that it is back where it started and nothing has changed so everything accomplished in the OT was pointless

4, 1, 2, 5, 3, 6.

This is the true patrician's order, and anyone who says otherwise is from Reddit.

Literally don't even bother with the prequels.

If you to hate Star Wars, watch it in timeline order.. I, II, III, Rouge One, IV, V, VI, VII....

If you want to watch it in Release order, IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, Rogue One.

If you want to actually like Star Wars, watch it in this order.
Rogue One, IV, V, VI

4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6

It's the perfect order.

Order of release probably. Although I would be very interested to get feedback from someone who watched them in the order of R1, IV, V, I, II, III, VI, VII

IV, V, RO

skip the rest

truthful answer? Don't watch them. It's one less internet war you'll have to care about. Consider yourself blessed.

Pretty solid order but good luck ever getting an actual newcomer to watch them like this without resorting to spoiling everything for them and thus making the ordering pointless anyway.

Ignore anyone saying about only skipping the prequel trilogy. Since you can't get the unremastered to death bad cgi remakes of the originals you need to skip those. So just watch VII.

1 RO 4 5 2 3 6 7

Trust me.

That actually seems like a good idea

I see what you're going for. But skipping from I to R1 would be jarring as fuck. Just in terms of style and tone.

Watch IV, V, VI maybe VII
That's the whole saga.

1,7,2,RO,5,3,4,6

The order isn't as important as the VERSION. Are you watching some 1997 rerelease of the OT?You will get the wrong impression. It's hard as fuck to find, but watch the original trilogy in it's original state

OP please listen to me, this is very important. What you need to do is search torrent sites for the "despecialized editions" of the original trilogy. Watch them, enjoy them, and then let it be. As far you are concerned, no other Star Wars movies exist.

I am begging you OP.

I finally got around to watching part 2 and its basically like watching a cartoon.
Its like the opposite of Roger Rabbit. People placed into a cartoon world.

logical quads

ha, beat you to it by one post

Also if you want to read up on this a bit more check this out:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

Basically, any of the releases of the OT since 1997 have had major changes to the story and the CGI bullshit edited into them. The last release of the original theatrical versions of the film was on VHS in the mid-90s. The goal of the despecialized versions is to restore the trilogy to its original(best) state in the highest quality possible.

idc about getting beaten to it. In fact, the more voices we have advocating this, the better.

>It's hard as fuck to find, but watch the original trilogy in it's original state
This. But it's not that hard to find. Either get them on VHS which should be pretty cheap on amazon or ebay. Or just download the despecialized editions.

IV, Rogue One, V, I, II, III, VI, Shattered Empire (comic), Bloodline (novel), VII

1, 3, 6
then just fill in the blanks mentally

4, 5, 6

7 and RO are optional, 1 2 3 are not. Don't listen to Sup Forums contrarians who think it's cool to praise 1 2 3 now that there are newer movies out. They're fucking video game dogshit.

OBJECTIVE WATCH ORDER

R1, 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7

Optionally, watch episode 1 whenever you want. It contributes nothing to any other movie but minor shitty backstory.

There's also a superior edit of episode I and maybe the rest of the prequel trilogy.

>They're fucking video game dogshit.
Hey man, no need to insult video games like that. Crossing a line bro.

though I don't like the prequels at all, I do wonder if ep 6 would be improved by immersing yourself in a different story for a while. if you watch it straight after ep 5 it's a little jarring the way it SUDDENLY wraps up all the loose threads.

is that supposed to be the idea of the "machete" viewing order?

ROTJ is really jarring after ESB many reasons, including that. You can tell it jumped from Lucas being a big part of SW to Lucas having most of the control. It got sillier, the plot was weaker. Han was literally a meme character in RoTJ, it's like they had no idea what to do with him but wanted to keep his appeal around.

4-5 is necessary to see first, even if you already know the famous plot twist and who doesn't. Then you can jump to the prequels. 6 isn't as jarring when viewed after 3. 7 is just a meme really. 5 to 1 is like getting punched in the face but it can't be helped. I'd honestly omit 1 entirely and just watch it some other time.