Bands that ended too soon?

Bands that ended too soon?

>inb4 muh New Order
New Order is good, but it wasn't the same. Ian's tortured lyrics and voice brought so much to the band. New Order is really good, but its just 80s club music. Joy Division was deeper.

>captcha

>New Order is really good, but its just 80s club music

Tasty bait.

They would have never been able to come close to unknown pleasures (I like closer but its not close) they would have ended up like Nas with a full career

It's not bait, dude. I fucking love New Order, but you can't go to an 80s club without hearing Blue Monday or The Perfect Kiss.

>implying Ceremony wasn't one of their best songs
It was an unfinished masterpiece. The New Order version doesn't capture the same raw emotion.

Minutemen. I honestly think they could've put out 2 or 3 more great albums.

that boyband lasted too long

Just wanted to add minor threat to the mix

Imo Blind Melon had the more wasted potential than any other band or artist. Also Jeff Buckley.

This Heat. The next album would have been an art pop masterpiece

But the fatalism that makes their music so good is exactly what ended the band. It can't be both ways where Ian keeps making this

They're technically still around, but they haven't done anything in 7 years.

shit i posted a tiny version of the album art, my bad. the band is Women, album is Public Strain.

Agreed, there were a few good punk bands, and the Sex Pistols were not one of them.

Sublime is the ICP of alternative rock.

Velvet Underground with John Cale
Concussion Ensemble
This Heat
Pet Sounds/Smile era Beach Boys
Original Faust
Otis Redding
Jeff Buckley
Beefheart
Slint
Tim Buckley
Good Liz Phair
Coil
The Doors/Jim Morrison
Boredoms when they were releasing albums

Music does not become less worthwhile if it happens to be played in "the club".

The hivemind claims Curtis was more depressed, and therefore "deeper" than Sumner. However, songwriting is not the only point of comparison between two different bands If lyrical content is so important to you, you should just read a book.

The music better matched his lyricism and style of singing

Totally agree. I don't think Preoccupations has managed to touch Women's output, but some of Pat's solo stuff is really good.

Morphine
;_;

love women but can't really stand preoccupations. thrill is gone i guess

I believe that Summer and the others eventually developed their own identity, with vocals that were consistent with the band's sound.

True, I'm not taking anything away from New Order, just wish for something that never was I guess.

Lil Peep

Mr. Bungle

Stooges (best era)
Television (70s)

Magnolia electric co
Sparklehorse
Long fin killie

>Ian's tortured lyrics and voice brought so much to the band.
It also brought about his early demise, you stupid fuck. Stop romanticising depression when it ended the band you covet so much.

Viet Cong>>>>Public Strain

Why do people hate the Sex Pistols? I really like their music from their only album, I feel like they had a point in music to make and change and they did it and so they ended at the perfect time they did.

He had epilepsy though I mean he would've only lasted 3 more years at the maximum with the condition he had, also the medication probably made it 10x worse

:'(

Early New Order Joy Division'd better than Joy Division ever did

>Procession
>their version of Ceremony
>Mesh
>Sunrise
>the entirety of Movement and P, L and C

I don’t know, the last before D died is a real stinker and feels like they abruptly ran out of steam. I can very easily picture them doing bad alt-country from 86- onwards. 30 more years of mediocrity to ruin their legacy

His demise was what made his art so powerful, you stupid fuck. Stop romanticizing living when it's what the artist hated more than anything.

Seconding this shit!!

Way too soon. Tragically as well.

In order to fully appreciate the pistols you must understand the context and cultural climate the pistols were in at the time (musical and non-musical) and how they changed it forever. To just pass them off as immature kids is ironically ignorant. True patricians appreciate the pistols for more than just their face-value

They had a long run, but it wasn't long enough.

This edge is dangerous.

>epilepsy is terminal
Explain please

One of the best alternative rock bands ever

This so much

Midwest Penpals
A couple months

Music Complete is something that Ian or Hook could only dream of making

>they would have ended up like Nas with a full career
what a fucking waste. I just don't understand what happend after Illmatic.

NMH

The sound of Animals Fighting, I was really interested in the fact that a bunch of bands I never, ever liked could come together and make one of my top 5 albums of all time

I mean, I know they lasted for 30 years with plenty of great content, but right now they're all being wasted except maybe for Thurston and Shelley.

What should I download by NO to get the full experience?

band

Not a band but still.

He didn't want to live bc his seizures, depression etc. retard. He didn't hate life as an entire thing he just hated *his* situation.

What a faggy band name