See ads for this shit

>See ads for this shit
>Looks cringey as fuck
>Friend SWEARS its not cringey as fuck and tells me I should watch it because it's really good
>Start watching it
>It really is cringey as fuck, especially the shitty visual fxs
>Oh lord especially when somebody "runs" at high speed and it looks like total shit because the editor just put the motion blur at over 300 in after effects and accelerated the footage like 200%
>Friend insist I keep watching it
>Sookie turns out to have fairy blood, goes to "the land of fairies"
>The land of fairies is literally just a sepia/vintage filter on the camera with sparkly effects.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT, HOW DID ANYBODY ENJOYED THIS SERIES?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yKn7hhgLPes
youtube.com/watch?v=hwS_VhcCCsg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cringey

Stopped reading there, go back to r*ddit

I'm sorry what's the Sup Forums approved word for something that makes you feel embarrassed to watch it

bump

it has some smart and interesting ideas, just wrapped in a lot of dumb. it does go downhill after the first season though.

>tfw no vampire gf
;_;

Just watch The Vampire Diaries instead. It's essentially the only good thing that came out of the Twilight era of vampire kino.

Only good parts i liked were jessica and hoyt relationship starting, then it went to shit.

RUSSEL EDGINGTON character was fucking amazing, wish there were more characters like him.
youtu.be/yKn7hhgLPes

SOOKIE

>The CW
Kek fuck that

It's fucking horrible. Season 1 and 4 are really the only good ones. The rest is garbage.

Oh by the way, the fairy world plot never resolves. The evil fairy queen and the war going on there get's completely dropped as soon as they introduce it.

well i mean it started out good

The spinoff "The Originals" is even better, but yeah, I like TVD too.

the show needed to be about eric, then it would have been 11/10 kino

Truth.
I actually gave a shit when Godric committed suicide.

Just wait until the later seasons, it's a hilarious fucking trainwreck.

That's a given. But this was the only not terrible show to come out on The CW before they made the switch from the wb to the cw.

TO is awful. TVD has been awful for 4 years now but at least it is finally ending and so will TO(presumably).

Never watched the vampire dairies, but the originals is easily the best tv show about vampires.
thats not saying much though.

>Love the campy and yet enthusiastic acting from a relatively unknown cast about an alternate universe where fantasy creatures appear in the modern world and everyone's still learning to adapt

>People more or less behave the way they typically would of this shit was real

>Enjoy the initial character growth and relationships, watch the first three seasons religiously

>By the end of the fourth season, seriously doubt the show

>By the end of the fifth season, watching only because held hostage to do so

>By the middle of the last season, throw my television out the window

Trueblood is a show that is absolutely the worst example of a drop in quality I have ever seen. It started with the perfect mix of camp-and-character, and it went into full fucking fan-fic tier quicker than Paul Walker accelerating a porsche into a lamp post.

>Kindred the Embraced exposes the truth about vampires infiltrating human society
>show is canceled
>rogue network agrees to pick it up
>lead actor is killed in """accident"""
>all future vampire media feature Persian flaws making them unrealistic and unbelievable
>Pizzagate is covered up as human misdeeds
>modern vampire lore is strictly geared towards making human women sympathetic to vampires
What's the deal with vampires?

I concur

You're paranoid

Maybe your friend is autistic. Or he/shes wants to fuck you

Fuck I also stopped watching it at the fairy shit solely because of how "the fairy world" was. Fuck campy visual effects

Embarrassing.

Now you have to go back.

the Twilight fad is well and truly over

First couple of seasons were pretty decent. Dark and gritty, but in a fairly legitimate way; like it actually was rather than like it was trying to be.

Then the fairies happened and it turned into some campy, Joss Whedon-esque bullshit.
>oh, fairies, you say?
>werewolves, you say?
>witches, you say?
>werepanthers, you say?
Nah, fuck True Blood.

Fuck it again for actually making it seem like it might get decent again when Bill becomes a god monster and acts like he's going to go feral and add some actual fucking plot to the show, then two minutes later he's all but normal and it goes back to the same old soap opera bullshit.

Also for turning Eric, the show's one decent character, into a glorified Edward Cullen faggot, fuck True Blood once more. Even Anna Paquin's arse wasn't incentive enough to watch it by the end.

Didn't mean to reply to you with this post, but stop digging. They know you're onto them.

>Not posting best character
youtube.com/watch?v=hwS_VhcCCsg

try reading the sookie stackhouse series of novels if you liked the first seasons of true blood and wanna see the source material

The first two seasons are fun and campy. Third season starts to get retarded and unfocused. The later seasons are just plain corny. Alan Ball left and it fell apart. It becomes CW-tier later on. S1 and 2 are still trashkino though.

Season 1 is great
It introduce a lot of interesting concepts and actually had vampires be evil again
Season 2 was also, having a maenad as the main villain and I thought Godric was awesome
Season 3 was made by Russel Edgington
4 was a shit show with a retarded fairy world, pussified Eric, Sookie being everyones love interest, and just no scary villain
All the rest was retarded nonsense that took any interesting plot and resolved it in the least interesting way
Also the reasons for not genociding all vampires really disappear as it goes on

pam was the best character until the later seasons when they went "hmm she is the best character, let's ruin her"

>Russel Edgington
I only like that guy in American Horror Story.

>mfw Roanoke was terrible.

>tfw not living in a very hot part of America like that with sexy people around me to have sex with in the heat.

Why even bother living?

jason stackhouse tho

Fuck yeah, the only thing good to happen after watching this shit with my ex

It was great seeing klaus fuck everyone up

He was just too much fun for me, I can see how people might not like him though
>Recruit a bunch of nazi addict werewolves for security
>No one can over power you because your just damn older than everyone
>Be upset your food doesnt taste as good and basically agree with the unabomber entirely
>Get pissed your fuck toy gets killed so just fuck over the politicians you dont like on live tv
>Wonder around with your dead fuck toys remains because your just that weird

>Eric and Jason scene.

i actually found this one even hotter

Me too, that guy was in Eastenders, he's Israeli obsessed.