*blocks your path*

/thread

dope album desu

youtube.com/watch?v=xpKxtTPQ1Q8

Unsurpassed rhythm section.

this is top 10 albums ever though

It's GOAT.

my nigga, this > hybrid theory

Came here to post this, name a better bassist than Ryan Martinie. Pro tip: You can't.
youtube.com/watch?v=mB2jRpUqWb8

Is this accurate?

How can anyone forget?
youtu.be/Rk9mXFrEZkc

how can you have a rhythm section without audible bass

needs Ill Nino

chevelle and aaf are not nu-metal, in fact some of these are pretty debatable in terms of categorizing
also meteoria > hybrid theory

50% aren't nu metal and the other 50% of the other 50% are debatably not nu metal.

>Alien Ant Farm
>Guano Apes
>Wisconsin Death Trip
>The Fundamental Elements of Southtown
>Taproot

As a kid who spent 97-2000 in middle school cranking Follow The Leader on my discman when I wasn't watching Mankind jumping 30 feet onto tables during prime Attitude!-era WWF, I can attest that this list does, in fact, check out.

I'd honestly choose Follow The Leader or Issues over any of the earlier Korn albums. Just as ROTM didn't truly hit their stride until Evil Empire, Korn just got better with each release up until the year 2000.

Chocolate Starfish or Significant Other also belong on this list. Limp Bizkit might have been the poppiest of the numetal acts, but they were both killer records for the genre and omitting them would be like leaving Definately, Maybe and What's the Story, Morning Glory? off of a list of essential britpop albums just because they topped the charts.

S
Substitute Digimortal by Fear Factory for AAF and you max out the Y2k /comfy/

Not at all. No way theres this much good nu-metal 5 albums max
>Memevayne
>Shitcubus
>Kocc
>Shitknot
>Shitsturbed
>Linkin Shit
>good
pick one

You need to 18+ to post here.

get out of this thread please

Nu metal was a feeling, a vibe, man, and trying pidgeonhole as a specific style like electronic subgenres totally misses what it was all about.

You just have to ask yourself "would this song sound out of place on the Titan A.E. soundtrack?". If the answer is "no, not at all" then yep, you're listening to nu-metal.

needs evanescence, seriously

so literally none of Around the fur then.

>nu metal
>above 6/10
Choose 1

I choose both.

Death Grips

This.

Nah, the Deftones exist in that same, weird plane along with Aenima and Lateralus where, while they might not have sounded exactly like numetal, they were definitely products of that same cultural push.

So I'll add another criteria: "Could [this band] have headlined or otherwise toured with OzzFest circa 1998-1999?". If the answer is "yes", then you're dealing with something that falls under the nu metal umbrella.

this

this

>10/10 nu-male albums
sage

thanks for the bump soyboy

>being this new
wew lad

Why does nu-metal trigger soyboys so hard?

Everyone in this thread is from reddit.

ABORT
ABORT
ABORT

SAGE
CALL THE COPS

keep posting potato and the sea you summer faggot

I bet you have skullcandy headphones

I bet you started posting here in 2011 nigger

Eat a dick nigger, my left testicle is older than you are

your mom is older than you are bitch

I'd hope, retard

shit thread

This. Fuck man i forgot all about evanescence

Ooooh finally a thread I can post this:

This one man is the reason any of the nu metal bands released a great debut album

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Robinson#Albums_produced

Look at the albums he produced. It's literally every good nu metal album, and pretty much all the bands (save Fear Factory and Deftones) went on to produce fucking shitty music after they stopped working with him.

Anyway this Fear Factory record is extremely underrated and I think everyone should at least give it a listen. It's one of my favorite metal albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=HY-eqHlf79I

>God Tier:
Deftones, Korn, Mudvayne
>Good tier:
P.O.D., System of a down
>Meh tier:
Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot
>Shit tier:
Everything else

youtube.com/watch?v=E4zm5B60wZg
It's missing this, an excellent amalgamation of Alice in Chains, Deftones, Pantera and poppy electronic keyboards

Accurate, although I would swap POD and Linkin Park.

Pulse Ultra is so fucking underrated.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kz0ThHc8tK0

>Shit tier: Everything I haven't heard of

the nu-metal revival is leading Sup Forums to jock Issues and Dangerkids???

what an interesting development

Slipknot is God tier. Lyricwise and rhytmically.

>God tier rhythmically
>Inaudible bass
Mudvayne, Limp Bizkit and early era Incubus have far superior rhythm sections.

Percussion,m8.

A rhythm section is more than just percussion.

Of cousre, but drums are the most important part of it. Slipknot has insane and ingenious beats on Iowa. It's not about groove only.

This is the greatest nu-metal record to be recorded, and killed the genre accordingly.

This album is pure garbage and turns it's edgyness up to 10 for no discernible reason outside of selling out to teenage fans.

>edgyness
>teenage

You're not allowed to post on this board. Read the rules.

>Says this is the greatest nu-metal record to be recorded, and killed the genre accordingly.
>posts nothing

Whoops, here you go

OK. Was what I said wrong?

Bass is very important too. I agree that Joey Jordinson is an amazing drummer but listen to any Mudvayne song and the bass really gives them a sound that sets them apart from other nu-metal bands.

youtube.com/watch?v=vg_VLi79Q9A

I think it contains LP's best material but it is also inconsistent. There are some tracks on here that have aged about as badly as anything possibly could. X-Ecutioner Style is just hilarious. It's sunglasses and flame t-shirt in music form.

youtu.be/PzWc5DOj7CU

Basically, everything. Iowa is a perfect Slipknot album in every aspect. And I'm telling you this as a non-metal music producer. Trust my word, this is gold. You should relisten it immediately.

I think we have a matter of taste issue here. Let's just agree that both has it's weak points.

Fair enough.

I love early Linkin Park but that is one of the worst things I've ever heard.

Pls, this

/lit/ here

LP = Tolstoy
Slipknot = Dostoyevsky

What are Mudvayne and Limp Bizkit?

Limp Bizkit are the pinnacle of nu-metal

youtube.com/watch?v=nczZ_f2hapY

This song is amazing and the retarded lyrics add to that

Mudvayne = McCarthy
Limp Bizkit = King

This guy gets it. Best alt metal album of the nu metal era

They go for politics to much. Nu-metal is about angst and shit.

Is this the best nu-metal guitar riff?

youtube.com/watch?v=O8BhffckQzo

This one is pretty fucking filthy

counterfeit is the best limp bizkit song

youtube.com/watch?v=8MAsVy5Q-_E

The verses sound like Buckethead

NU METAL IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

>Implying it ever left

damn...

What about Sevendust? Animosity, Roots, Toxicity, White Pony and Iowa are the best nu metal records imo

sevendust is good from a technical and songwriting standpoint but they also sound really "grounded" if that makes sense

Slipknot make grey (no pun intended) masses of quivering teenage angst. A few good songs here and there, when they aren't making the exact same one over and over such as on Iowa or their debut. Fucking shite band.

Punk rock took all of the black influence out of rock roll, nu metal tried to put it back in

Is that a Zaku?

Emmure are the logical evolution of Limp Bizkit

youtube.com/watch?v=f5EdZbRan8k

No. Dir en grey's Gauze does not belong there, that is not a nu-metal record. You can replace it with Withering to Death.
This is Gauze:
youtube.com/watch?v=cV-Ykf6UqsQ
This is Withering to Death:
youtube.com/watch?v=rOWByiLh5XU

ignore all djentposts
ignore all nu-metalcore

Bitch is one of the best nu metal songs ever imo
youtube.com/watch?v=Rhc9K4H4vPE

Meshuggah is good

Came to post this. Gauze has nothing of nu metal, it's more traditional "kote kote kei" sounding (more speed metal/goth/post-punk rather than nu metal).
Vulgar, Withering To Death and The Marrow of a Bone is DEG's "nu metal" phase. I guess you can also throw the six Ugly EP there.