in rainbows > kid a > ok computer
animals > wish you were here > the wall > any other pink floyd
frizzle fry is the only good primus record
toxicity is the best metal album of the 21st century

(pic related)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the bends > everything else radiohead made (it's still good, the bends i think is the best)
loveless is gorgeous and i loved it since my first listen
klinghoffer era rhcp is good
trout mask replica is fun

>Sensual world is better than hounds of love.
>Biophilia is bjork's best album.
>Money store is the only good death grips album

Hip hop is boring. Just some guy talking over a repetitive beat.

>demon days kinda sucks, self-titled was better
Not really an unpopular opinion though, a lot of Gorillaz fans I've met said that they prefer s/t, it's just that Demon Days is more iconic and known outside the fanbase, thus everyone talks about it more.

i mean, people like nas and biggie are really good story tellers. while i like most genres of rap, if you wanna stay away from the repetitive stuff and you want albums that are more fleshed out(lyric-wise), just go with 1987-1997 east coast shit

Yeah I don't mind older hip hop, but I've never really cared about lyrics in music.

I do like Biggie - Juicy though. Probably the only hip hop song I like.

I...agree with all of this

I thought demon days was considered to be the worst by non normies not counting humanz and the ipad album

Plastic Beach is the best album

yup

>Frizzle fry
Mongoloid confirmed. Have you even listened to Seas of Cheese and Pork Soda?

but seas of cheese is too poppy and pork soda seems uninspired

the brown album is probably the only one close to frizzle fry in terms of originality and fun
(still not a fan of that album though)

plastic beach is good as hell, but self-titled is so much fun

You must be 18 or older to post here.

all shite

>demon days kinda sucks, self-titled was better
completely agreed
>kendrick is a goat, tpab and gkmc are masterpieces
i disagree, but they are very influential
>ride the lightning > master of puppets
kinda agree, I prefer the black album
>freewheelin' bob dylan > my favourite dylan record
kinda have to agree
>in rainbows > kid A > OKC
objectively correct
>animals > wish you were here > the wall > others
switch WYWH with The Wall and it's correct

my opinions:
>bjork never fell off, all her records to date are amazing
>childish gambino is enjoyable and charming
>i like jeff mangum's voice
>illmatic was bad

discovery by daft punk > everything else written or recorded in human history
in rainbows > all other radiohead albums
kendrick's gkmc is way better than tpab
michael jackson is severely overrated
i like edm, like a lot.

sgt peppers 8/10
DSOTM 7.5/10
reckoner is a shitty song
miles electric era > miles acoustic era

music ALWAYS sounds better lo-fi than hi-fi

I somewhat disagree with your radiohead opinion, but it's totally respectable. I'm very mixed on my placement of those albums anyway but they are definitley all top three no doubt. My unpopular Radiohead op. though is that OK's B sides are better than Amnesiac. An interesting thing me and some other people like to talk about is whether or not OKNOTOK (A sides and B sides) is better than the A sides of both Kid A and Amensiac. I'm pretty mixed on that cause I like Kid A a lot but I dunno.

>Hemispheres

REEEEEEEEEE THAT'S THE BEST RUSH ALBUM YOU KEK

I wouldn't say Hemispheres is shit but 2112 or a farewell to kings is better

OKC B-sides are fucking horrendous. I Promise in particular is Pablo Honey-tier. Everything is totally underwritten. B-sides for a reason

definitely

whats so good about discovery

lol fuck no

are you 13

All Kate Bush & Bjork is shit (excluding Homogenic)

>toxicity is the best metal album of the 21st century

seriously how retarded do you have to be to even think this

>kendrick lamar is a goat, tpab and gkmc are masterpieces
Stopped reading there, I already know you're a fucking pleb

Drama is the best Yes album. Relayer and Going for the One are not great and representative of prog-rock excess

Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is the worst album that I have ever heard.

I agree with this 100%
>toxicity is the best metal album of the 21st century
c'mon now, you know that this is not true in the slightest
apart from the first one, the bob dylan one and last 2,I don't get how the rest would get you hate

mine:
Rolling Stones > Beatles
Velvet Underground is the most overrated "underground" rock band
all shoegaze kinda sucks 2bh
like 80% of the "best jazz of all time" albums are not that great, there are way better records that are more unknown
GY!BE and Sigur Ros truly are shit, I truly believe in the "emotionally dishonest" music meme
Trout Mask Replica is actually pretty fun to listen, loved it at the first listen, and unironically believe is one of the greatest music albums ever
hip hop in general is just meh
most punk music sucks

I almost can't like anything ever that plays on FM radio because I think that everything they play is designed to try and capture people. Like the McDonald's of music, trying to be the one stop was shop for everything, beckoning you too abandon anything except their cheap and predictable formula of burgers/pop. I get low-key afraid when a pop song gets stuck in my head.

Also Slayer sucks.

the bait? you fell for it

Loveless > You Made Me Realise > Tremolo > Isn't Anything

Led Zeppelin III > I > II > Physical Graffiti > IV

Ryo Fukui's Scenery is garbage and is only worshipped because weebs

Bjork is just that awful voice surrounded by whatever the most trendy production at the time is. This is why Debut and Post sound like literal 90's relics and Utopia will be forever stamped with the ink of 2017.

Lift Yr Skinny Fists crescendo gimmick wears thin during a full listen. F#A# and Yanqui are in another league

Kendrick is vastly overrated due to his lack of competition

Sigur Ros tries way too hard to be "beautiful" its almost disingenuous.

Close to the Edge is wank

- Mastodon, Massive Attack, and Big L and maybe I'll agree.

Gorillaz is mostly shit and crazily overrated. A band for children people can't seem to let go. I'm not entirely sure they've ever surpassed Clint Eastwood or that first album in general. No coincidence as Damon had Dan the Automator helping out.

Kendrick is a new Eminem, meme goat created by interscope.

The whole "Soad is actually good!!" Meme needs to die. SOAD is incredibly hit or miss and when they miss they miss hard. Can be some of the most obnoxious music I've ever heard.

I really like it. I think it's a good album.

Nirvana is actually really, really good. One of those bands where every song they made is good. People get caught up in contrarianism due to celebrities constantly shilling them. They're the best of any of the "grunge" bands. Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are both great and probably reached greater highs than Nirvana, but SG has a lot of misses, and Alice In Chains borders on buttrock at times, as well as not being nearly as consistent as nirvana.

Massive Attack ain't there, although Blue Lines is overrated af

Aside from the Beatles and 'died of cancer in january 2016' things which are articles consisting of truths mixed with lies and omissions, Scaruffi has been totally correct about every British band he has ever reviewed

Kanye is overrated. Yeezus was garbage and most people formed their opinions on it based on critic reviews. MBDTF is a 7.5 at best. TLOP was around as bad as Yeezus.

Lil Peep was fucking garbage

White people should generally avoid trap. Hip hop or Edm, doesn't matter.

Atrocity Exhibition could have been better

NMH is boring hipster bullshit.

Sufjan isn't that great. Illinoise is a terrible album. He has good tunes here and there though.

Vaporwave and all that has come from it is garbage, save for Eccojams. Ferraro is kind of a hack but when you make that much music you're bound to make good stuff, which he has and does.

Tame Impala is hot garbage, so is Gizz. generally any artist or band that relies on nostalgia and retro aesthetics are hacks.

MMLP and SSLP are not classics. They've aged terribly.

Radiohead is massively overrated. Kid A is pretty good but OKC is pretty bad. I think I prefer later Radiohead. They are not the wizard geniuses everyone claims them to be, though.

kendrick is trash

controversial opinion:

I like the music in Mario

also

I like the music in Zelda

Phil Collins genesis > Peter Gabriel Genesis

Land of confusion is a better anti war song than imagine

holy fuck you are such a tasteless pleb

I unironically liked disturb's cover

Night lovell is pretty ok for cloud rap

Rush is a horrible band with a tasteless drummer who just gasms all over the songs. The songs feature an awful singer and the lyrics are retarded.

There is absolutely nothing redeeming about Rush. They are just bad.

Bush is better than Radiohead

>using the initialism "edm"

PC music is the future of pop music

Trout mask replica is terrible, but it's a great album at the same time
Boris sucks ass

SATURATION I > III > III

Burial is the best artist of the decade

I created disco is a great album

Exmillatary is their only great album

Pere ubu are complete shit, so is the fall

Modern species is better than syro

Iggy pop is terrible

Iglooghost is an overrated fuck

Rifts is my favorite album, even though its a compilation

best Radiohead

>Burial is the best artist of the decade
Too bad his best and most well known albums came out over a decade ago

how's freshman year of high school going?

overrated but still a pretty good album. it's a very influential album so i'd imagine teenagers listening to it today with zero context of electronic music of the time won't be very impressed.

honestly that scaruffi page where he calls them "faux avant-garde" is so true. they've done nothing impressive, they just dilute interesting ideas by artists more talented then themselves and make it normie accessible. they're a band you're supposed to grow out of after high school but i guess a lot of people didn't get the memo.

>MMLP and SSLP are not classics. They've aged terribly.
this, seriously. if eminem was black no one would give a single fuck about either of these albums. they'd have a cult following at best.

massively overrated yeah, but still talented.

if you're a mom maybe.

hardly an unpopular opinion here, you'd be crucified by alt-normie dadrockers tho.

Oh, that's what I thought the second album on the second row was.

I don't anything interesting in Radiohead besides "Creep", seriously... I really tried to like this band while listening some songs of OK Computer and Kid A

I have never seen a person be wrong so many times in one post

Listen to in rainbows instead

Sup Forums is the worst blue board on Sup Forums

gonna give a try then
what it sounds like?

It has elements of kid a but way more aggressive and melodic. Different enough but still easy to listen to. It has some of Radioheads best songs, here is my personal favorite of the album youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU

>
>how's freshman year of high school going?
Hip hop is trash, faggot.

That goes to Sup Forums

nice song, thanks for the rec user

Blur >>>>>>>> Oasis > Radiohead

Giles Corey > Have A Nice Life

>The Mars Volta > At The Drive In
>Death Grips is overrated and mediocre
>Lana Del Rey is really good despite possibly being an industry plant
>The Seer is Swans' best record
>Bjork has never released a bad album

>The Velvet Underground are okay, nothing more.
>Flesh and Blood > Avalon > every other Roxy Music album
>Climate of Hunter and Scott Walker's songs on Nite Flights are his best work
>Speaking in Tongues > Remain in Light
>Young Americans > The Rise and Fall of
Ziggy Stardust
>Also, Aladdin Sane is pretty shit.
>Talk Talk's new wave period is just as good as their post-rock period
>Veedon Fleece > Moondance > Astral Weeks

Your Radiohead opinion is completely spot on, everything else, not so much.

>Rise of hip-hop was a mistake
>People paying more attention to the artist's personality/image rather than to his music was a mistake
>New NIN > Old NIN
>Paramore is utter thrash, who have all the opportunities and chances to get really experimental and be the next Brand New, but they're staying close to being as boring as possible
>Mu-core is a set of really nice albums which everyone should listen to at least once, faggots who try dismiss it should fuck off.
>It's absolutely to enjoy any music, from the most obsecure to Poppish accessible, keeping your mind open to all genres and artists is the best means of enjoying music

>Headhunters
such SHIT taste

This

>nu-anything is fucking garbage, especially nu-metal
>Carrie and Lowell is not a good album
>The Wall is one of Pink Floyd's worst albums
>The only good death grips album is NOTM
>Inter alia was actually pretty good
>Rap is shit and can only be appreciated ironically
>Radiohead is severely overrated
>Garage Punk is the best punk sub genre
>Prog rock is the best rock sub genre

Deathconsciousness > Giles Corey s/t > The Unnatural World

>Government Plates is the best Death Grips album
>Blackstar and Hunky Dory are the only good Bowie albums
>Guided By Voices is one of the best rock bands ever
>The White Album is the best Beatles album

Your point about Kendrick Lamar is very true to be fair

lol in rainbows is my favourite album of all time but it is not a more aggressive Kid A, it's basically indie rock with some more interesting tempos and bleeps

people have always paid more attention to the artist's personality/image, that's what rockstars were.

Yes, I know it's always been like that ever since the rise of rockstars, and what I meant is that ever since that started, it'S been a mistake, I know this isn't a new thing, but neverthless I just hate it when some stupid bullshit, be it the image or some kind of controversies outshines the music the album presents. Luckilly, time will always let all that shit go away and what will remain is the only thing that's important, the music.

The Beach Boys > The Beatles

Lil Pump > Eminem

this but unironically

I’m With You is pretty average, I thought The Getaway was really nice though

That being said neither of them are close to being as good as Frusciante era albums except for Mothers Milk

Relayer is awesome. You're a pleb.

this will literally never happen, it will never just be about the music

u tripping lmao, specially on late 80s early 90s shit, that's the most repetitive shit there is, progression entered the scene late 90s, specially on the 2000s with people like Pharell taking the scene.

Kendrick is decent, not a goat, To Pimp and good kid are great, but they are not as unique as white suburban kids would like to think.

"OH GOOD KID IS LIKE A MOVIE!!!"

Bro that shit is Prince Among Thieves 10 years after Prince Among Thieves, even has a similar theme, only difference is the trap inspired production (because Prince Among Thieves was 10 years ago, Trap Muzik released on 2003) and the concept is more fleshed out.

Kendrick is a nice spitter, I'll give you that, but I don't feel the 2pac influences, he's more of a lesser 3 stacks to me, someone who can educate and decimate on the same track, say concious shit without sounding preachy on some party shit production.

Except 3 stacks is a goat, and he's a lot more diverse than Kendrick.

Yes but Exmilitary is also great.

Head Hunter bad? Are you 12?

>bjork never fell off, all her records to date are amazing
Yes, even more than that, her first two records aren't that good (Debut and the one she made before that)
>childish gambino is enjoyable and charming
Little to no substance, you'll dislike his albums after a few months. But he is enjoyable for a while.
>i like jeff mangum's voice
Most people who likes his music like his voice so that's a given, kinda.
>illmatic was bad
If you're 12 and didn't hear that shit along side other 93 releases, yes. That shit is like Paid In Full, way too advanced for it's time, Nas hability on the mic was unmatched at the time.

Production I think most will agree is super good too

>Little to no substance, you'll dislike his albums after a few months. But he is enjoyable for a while.
I'd have to disagree. While he doesn't last long on Camp, Royalty, Kauai and his previous mixtapes, Because the Internet never gets old for me. It's been over four years and I still love it to death.

>If you're 12 and didn't hear that shit along side other 93 releases, yes. That shit is like Paid In Full, way too advanced for it's time, Nas hability on the mic was unmatched at the time.

It was definitely advanced for its time, absolutely, but it really didn't appeal to me. Obviously, Illmatic's main audience isn't white people. I don't relate to the subjects that Nas discusses and I do feel that that affects my enjoyment of it (and To Pimp a Butterfly, too). I also just didn't like the general sound of it, though it might grow on me considering I've only listened to it like 3 times.

>Yes, even more than that, her first two records aren't that good (Debut and the one she made before that)
Absolutely, I feel she really found her "path" after Debut. Specifically on Homogenic, honestly. I feel like she really found the perfect sound and executed it perfectly on Homogenic and continued releasing albums that were just as good. Also, Biophilia is underrated.

the fact that your only real comeback is "are you 12" leads me to believe that you may, in fact, be 12.

foo fighters are on the same shitty level as nickelback.
nirvana was overrated.
the beatles arent good at all and people only think fondly of them because they grew up with their parents playing that shit.
prog rock is a terrible soy boy genre.
metal is for children.
silver jews lyrics are the best lyrical writing i can think of.
math rock is like free jazz for the white people, but actually good.
i buy cds because if i really wanted the best sound for my music, i would collect reel to reels and not vinyl.

>foo fighters are on the same shitty level as nickelback.
>nirvana was overrated.
that isn't an unpopular opinion, that's a fact

>prog rock is a terrible soy boy genre
it has its moments

>metal is for children
it has its moments

Off the top of my head:

YWNKW is the superior Sweet Trip album
mbv is as good as Loveless
Spirit of Eden is better than Laughing Stock
Medulla was Bjork's last good album
Radiohead are mediocre
The Smiths are mediocre
LCD Soundsystem is garbage
ITCOTCK is their only good album

MBV's jangle pop stuff and their EPs are their best work.
Andrew Jackson Jihad's name change was purely a business decision.
The White Album is the best Beatles album.
Gorillaz is trash for 13 year olds and alt normies, but Plastic Beach is okay.

>metal is for children.
The slogan of contrarians everywhere.

Bob Dylan is and always has been trash. Can't stand his music even though I am a fan of pretty much everything else of that time.

I agree with everything except Toxicity being the best metal album of the 21st century and that Demon Days is a 4/10, it's at least a 7/10, but yeah the self-titled album was better

>>The Wall is one of Pink Floyd's worst albums

I think that's an opinion that a lot of people share. Especially these days. I wish The Trial and Young Lust had never been recorded.

which is why i put more melodic, Kid A is not as unique as you seem to think it is.

My Chemical Romance were the last rock band worth a damn

The Wall is Pink Floyd's best album.

All shoegaze not from Japan is boring.

i'm not saying it is unique, I didn't even imply it, it just isn't similar to In Rainbows in any conceivable way.

>All shoegaze not from Japan is boring.
Nipgaze fucking sucks though.

I think the Fleet Foxes make underwhelming music. They make it sound "pretty", but I feel nothing when I listen to it.

Selling England By The Pound fucking sucks

You probably want the exact opposite out of shoegaze than what I do.