Main character is a woman but actually cool and believable

>main character is a woman but actually cool and believable
>No niggers
>Minimal quips
>Solid cast
>Good space shit

Ill be fucked, They made a good movie Sup Forums

She isn't believable. She is only defined by plot events and has no personality.

I like the movie though.

Much better than TFA. Had more soul and believable characters

Well she was certainly less of a retarded character than Rey.

This doesn't make a good movie

So? I wasn't talking about TFA. That movie sucking doesn't make the characters in RO any better.

>Minimal quips

The fuck? It was barely below a Marvel movie

I liked some of the movie, but I don't understand how anything can think any of the characters were anything special. The best bits of the movie didn't involve much acting at all.

1st half garbage
2nd half didn't give a shit about the characters to care about what happens during fight

Will say I liked the Vader scene at the end.

>Will say I liked the Vader scene at the end.
This and only this. movie was just meh in general

Their handling of the bitch would've been perfect if they removed the one scene of her overpowering several men twice her size on her own, other than that, it was okay. She was pretty much worthless

this is only surpassed by episode 2 and MAYBE 1 as worst star wars shit ever

She was raised from the age of 5 by an extremist warrior, her being able to fight well shouldn't be a surprise at all.

Characters were given 0 time to develop and we were supposed to care about them somehow

All we get is "here is this girl, her dad was captured"

And then we just go through events to introduce the other characters and then it's the final action climax and they all die

Doesn't matter, she a woman and half their size and weight.

More Based Arabs like Riz Ahmed and less Africans.

Do we all agree?

It made me realize how much I've been aching for a good Star Wars spaceship battle. Admiral Raddus being a proper warhawk who was willing to put everything on the line for victory showed me the kind of crazy fuckers you had to be to actually fight for the rebellion, and the whole space battle exemplified the courage and skill of the rebels vs. the terrifying and overwhelming odds they were up against.

Basically I loved the hell out of everything that wasn't directly tied to the main plot

t. shill
getting real tired of your shit now Disney, kill yourself you unoriginal talentless hack cucks

did anyone else cry when

1. jyn's father died
2. the rebels warped into battle the empire

>wait there wasn't even one light saber in this mov-

Oh fugg

I wanted to cry when Jyn was listening to her father's hologram but they needed more screen time together for me to feel real emotional.

I was emotional but I wanted to feel more.

Still a great movie

She wasn't very well developed, but at least she felt like a real person with flaws and weaknesses, unlike Rey.

no

Riz's character wasn't even good in this so no i don't agree.

The guy stole Nightcrawler and this was the best they could do with him.

I still liked Riz's presence in this.

Anyway my point is that I want more Arabs in movies instead of so many blacks that we get.

Time for Arabs to shine in Hollywood

>dry shit is better than wet shit
OH REALLY?!

Did we watch the same movie, OP? There was at least one nigger and a quipping robot.

Still a solid movie.

The best thing about this movie was that everybody died, and I don't mean that in the edgy "I hate all the characters," way. This is a fucking DISNEY movie and EVERY CHARACTER dies. That's such a ballsy move and it gives the movie a sense of gravity without being directly tied to the main saga, not to mention it's a surprising break from non-stop happy endings.

I do agree though that the characters weren't very well developed. I think even Finn from TFA felt more real than most of the cast of Rogue One. It felt like none of them had any characterization beyond their role to the plot (e.g. pilot guy feels like just a pilot, not a three-dimensional character who is also a pilot).

I cried out of happiness when the theater refunded my money.

What? She's believable just not well-developed.

Opinions are like assholes. (You)

I'd rather have people be given properly written characters than dwell on if the actor is a terrorist, criminal, or racist.

i only cried when i saw harkin and leia

>barely below a Marvel movie

And that's minimal for Disney.

>main character is a woman but actually cool and believable
You must not get out much

YES OH GOD YES

1. No, all I could think about was how uncomfortable it must have been for him to have his leg bent in that angle.
2. No.

It was a better step in the direction I like after TFA, but I really just want more lore about the force and more exploration. Less "gotta get here and do this."

I won't lie, I got chills when the Rebel fleet came out of warp

Riz is Pakistani.

Watching Vader absolutely annihilate those rebels as they screamed for their lives was dope as fuck. He didn't even speak.

I wish the Vader scene at the end was a tad more brutal, but I didn't expect Disney to even go that far to begin with.

If you fuck them you are gay?

Agreed It made the entire movie worthwhile
It was nice to see Vader be intimidating again
Should've been more of that

Didn't they tone the movie down?

After almost 1 1/2 hrs of boring film with boring characters and then some decent action, the Kickass Vader scene was more than welcome.

>we was toll and sheit
Lanklets will never learn it seems so.

You've never seen a professional female kick boxer, have you? Most are small asian women who turn into mutant gremlins and fuck shit up worse than most males. It is plausible for a trained female to overpower a bigger opponent. I can live woth the fact that other than this short scenr they left out any sjw bullshit. We habe to keep in mind it is Disney after all. Only having one sjw scene in a movie with a female lead is a gigantic quantum leap for them. Perhaps there is still hope.

DONT GET CHOKED UP ON YOUR AMBITIONS

Just saw this tonight, could not believe how boring and pointless it was. I really enjoyed TFA. I'm not a Star Wars person, but I enjoy movies of all genres. I found this a long, slow, and a waste of time. The last 20 minutes were cool, but that didn't make up for the entire rest of the movie which felt very long.

The cast was completely forgettable. The dialogue was barely there. The characters were terrible. Just a pointless movie overall.

nice blog tumblr

aspirations*

You write like someone who longs to be a journalist or film critic, but just isn't good enough.

>I really enjoyed TFA
lol

okay buddy

One of the biggest problems with the film that I don't see people talking about is the number of speeches that characters give. Star Wars is about the characters not the fucking script writer giving us exposition. It's an adventure story, we don't need to stop every 20 minutes to hear people drone on about their life and philosophy.

I have to admit that was lame as fuck and I physically cringed.

Also, did anyone else find Vader's voice off? It's still JEJ but idk if the effects they used changed or what.

I think that's just his voice now with age. It's not as pronounced. It's the same style in Rebels.

I think the criticisms of how the cast aren't characterised very well are unwarranted. The movie was trying to be about the greater conflict and the ideologies underlying it, and how these things affected the persons within them -- it was never really about these persons themselves, but their aspirations and the pasts that led them to where they are. They felt like real people committed to a cause, and not the larger-than-life characters you see in most Hollywood movies that have conflicts and plots and contrivances revolving around themselves.

This scene where Jyn beats up a bunch of stromtroopers felt so out of place, considering that she never fights for the rest of the movie. I think was probably something added during the reshoots.

She wasn't a mary sue. She actually fucks up bigtime in the scene where they have the death star plans but then have to run from an explosion...and she FORGETS TO BRING THE FUCKING PLANS.

That being said that bit where she beats up the stormtroopers while Cassian just watches dumbfounded seemed like an obvious Disney post-production insert

What were they thinking with the CGI Tarkin and Leia?

Sure, cool that they're trying, but the technology isn't there yet and it looks super-jarring, especially when you have real people to compare them with.

Did anyone else find this character's shtick was Harry and Moe status retarded?

>"WHATS GOING ON DOWN THERE?!"
Actually looks down through the glass.

>Starts talking to the pilot
Looks down again through the glass to talk to someone on the planet.

Also what the fuck was with that Vader pun??
>"do not CHOKE on your aspirations"
, also great to see vader as head of HR. Really fun, thank god his final scene made up for it.

Also that awful CGI general guy was sooooo bad.

7/10 forgettable action flick

>I think was probably something added during the reshoots.
Yep. Some Disney big wig decided to shoehorn a strong womyn scene.

D...Delete this!

Rogue One has flaws, but I can definitively say that it easily has the BEST spacebattles out of any of the Star Wars movies so far.

This

She didn't forget the plans, she forgot the hologram message that vindicated her father as a good guy. The plans were only ever in the imperial facility

if you like TFA more than Rogue One you are an irredeemable pleb

you can even dislike both, but R1 is objectively better

"cool"

hahahaha

No, Return of the Jedi will never be beaten in that arena.

Rogue One's space battle was nice looking at times, but mostly looked too bright. Darken it up, guys. CGI is usually too well lit.

>but mostly looked too bright.
It happens on a beach, in broad daylight, to end with the bomb at sunset.

This. However I will say that the way the pilots behave in the cockpit felt way more believable than Poe Dameron shooting down 8 Tie fighters in a row.

Also

>dat shot of a rack of 200 TIE fighters being launched at once

desu I nearly burst out laughing at that delivery. Pic related.

Yeah, I feel very meh about that scene.

It was very video-gamey.

It felt good in the same way when you play Homeworld or Sins

>videogamey
Idk, what's it supposed to be like then?

I don't know, is it really that hard to sit in front of some monitors and copy the look of battered metal and dirt specks onto a virtual canvass?

I guess so. Maybe the animators aren't given enough time to make the finished product look 2016 CGI instead of 1999/2000 CGI.

Wrong. Also stop with the TFA scapegoat.

... is bullshit.

Have you ever been outside or tried to take pictures? :) OK, it shouldn't be that bright because my brain is too accustomed to the reality that they are badly trying to mimic.

Good things can come from criticism.

Just got back from this flick.

3/4 Pure boredom, some 'heh' moments. Audience was scattered, could tell people wern't really into it.

The vader scene was spoiled by Sup Forums which Ironically made me go see this shit.

Used a gift card so no sweat off my pocked.

The end battle felt good though. Having them all die was great too, guess when I watch a new hope again it'll be cool to think of the slaughter that just happened.

I guess if you played the EU video games you'd have some moments that are more special to you, some cool nods here and there.

Would I recommend this film? Nope. Sadly TFA was better looking/sounding film.

Movie shoulda been 45 minutes.

I don't really understand the people who nitpick about the not-battle parts. Why do they even go watch a star wars movie?

this was honestly my least favourite star wars movie. i dont know how people like it. the dialogue was so fucking shit. the characters where boring. i didnt give a fuck about anyone because i barely learned about them. the action was boring because i didnt care about the characters. the whole films felt forced and pointless. would of been more interesting if the story was about the donnie yen character. there is so much they could do with the story, they could of went into the jedi and sith philosphy. they gave us a shitty sci fi film. people only like it because it star wars. if it wasnt star wars, no one would like it.

Eh, beside the final third act this movie felt like a standard action movie in general, characters lacked any charisma and just a walking plot device with a little personality. Felicity Jones's character could be built in the beginning of the movie, but they decided to skip on it and rushed into the main conflict.

This is a risque movie, but I was expecting to get more emotional attachment to the characters. And that end scene with Krennic was ruined by cheap as fuck dialogue

Why the fuck did they think having so much CG-obvious-Tarkin was a better idea than just having Vader or something else instead? It was really distracting.
And jesus christ CG Leia was gross. It would've been perfectly fine to just show her from behind or something. Her princess hair buns are recognisable enough

Lol nah mate

>No niggers
Were you asleep during the movie? Was it that boring?

>That look in his face when Bodhi realises he's dead
I liked it quite a bit, more than TFA.
I didn't buy or pirate TFA, probably going to get Rogue One on DVD at some point.

Remind me, Was there a single white male in the main cast? All I remember is Jyn, the two Asians, and the two kebabs.

Yeah the Rebel asshole on Yavin IV and of course the entirety of the Empire.

Oh, pardon me, I meant to add within the good guys

the guy who does his voice is over 80 years old I think

loved it

>literally no characterization
why did they think they could get away with this?

Just saw it yesterday, I'm not a big fan of star wars or scifi, it was just loud explosions and bad dialogue for most of the movie, nothing stood out for me.

is it just me or does the sound editing seem kind of crappy? The blasters in the original trilogy actually sounded deep and intimidating. Things in TFA and Rogue One sound like toys.

I know they used some of the same sounds for X-wings lasers and the AT-AT things, but everything else sounds cheap. Even the AT-ST had different sounding lasers that had a fisher-price tone to them.

a vast majority of the rebel starfighters