What made this film terrifying was the soundtrack (the different music which played during each snuff video made it...

What made this film terrifying was the soundtrack (the different music which played during each snuff video made it more horrifying). That lawnmower scene scared the shit out of me.

I liked the design of the "Demon" in the mask but the deceased kid's needed to be kept more in the shadows because the obvious face paint was obvious.

Still a really well done horror film.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHMXpdD4hg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIQNUVTfKQM
youtube.com/watch?v=cE8bE447spw
youtube.com/watch?v=XyW66PMTFmw
youtube.com/watch?v=GZOh7NlFUes
youtube.com/watch?v=3bMGEEqF3qw
youtube.com/watch?v=qTLIAJ7aQ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=abOFFKy6HEc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can anyone recommend any other similar horror films with a sound atmosphetic feel?

>inb4 Sup Forums
The soundtrack composed for the Doom 64 game is by far some of the scariest music I have ever heard. I wish films had music like that.

have sex ya pinhead

Here is an example of what I mean:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHMXpdD4hg

Any films have music and sounds like this?

The creepypasta videos on youtube always do a great job of scaring you shitless just with the sounds

I can't and don't tell me to pay money for a prostitute.

Anyway back to disturbing atmospheric art.

Diagnose Lebensgefahr is a masterpiece of horror sounds
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VIQNUVTfKQM

Yeah the soundtrack coupled with the grainy quality made it quite disturbing.

i have nothing to contribute, just want to say i appreciate seeing a thread thats not about star wars or 11 year old girls
good job op

Officer So-And-So needs to become the new Ash.

You should watch it. Its truly haunting

>The first minute is a family being hung to death, letting you know that you are in for something deep

Will I enjoy the sequel? Does it live up to the first?

seen it already, just dont have any other recommendations
the music during the car burning was really weird

>the music during the car burning was really weird
They were a Mexican family I think so the composer I think tried to go with some Native theme feel.

If you've seen Nick Cage's 8mm, that has a similar theme which plays.

I think going along the idea how poor and violent Mexico is.

Belive it or not i Have something that looked like bagul but was too scared to get close
>Zoom in the window

Jacob's Ladder and the first two Tetsuo films, to an extent
although strictly speaking they aren't pure horror, but in term of musical atmosphere theyre what comes to mind

>click on picture
>think about the instructions you gave
>IT'S SECRETLY A SPOOKY GIF, ABORT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

It was going alright up until they revealed the villain was Slipknot's drummer

Dread of knowing what will happen is a good scare tactic.

outside of Christmas morning, no. But shit dat soundtrack during that vid tho...

>not being terrified at this moment

What type of messed up childhood did the composer have to make music like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=cE8bE447spw

youtube.com/watch?v=XyW66PMTFmw

Left Window do you see him already Im realy not Joking this is real i know there is absolute no proof that Im telling the truth but it realy looked exact like him what ever it was desu senpai is was realy scared

What am I meant to be looking at?

Window left turn the screen light brighter Are you blind?

>9:06 am, Barcelona
>in a train
just a nigger can terrify me to the fuck

You think people listen to this stuff casually? Like when they do homework or whatever?

The music was by Ulver and Boards of Canada. Great stuff. Really elevated the movie.

It fucks up so many simple, basic things that made the first one so good. Just deeply disappointing.

Yes

Last movie I watched that truky scared me

But that might be because I was like 16 when I saw it

The first is kino, the second is fucking dreadful. I haven't seen a sequel go downhill so much since 30 Days of Night.

They basically spend the whole moving explaining what happens and trying to make it all logical. The complete opposite of what a horror should do. That and it's 99% filled with shit, cheap jump-scares. The other 1% is the final scene which is the same but was so bad it made me want to throw myself into moving traffic.

the bbq song still freaks me the fuck out

I like it, you just convinced me to check the movie out
here's some spoopy sounds as thanks
youtube.com/watch?v=GZOh7NlFUes
youtube.com/watch?v=3bMGEEqF3qw
youtube.com/watch?v=qTLIAJ7aQ8I

Glad to see this movie get more love. One of the best horror movies this decade.

True, although having said that the bar hasn't been set very high which is a shame.

my god the photoshop job on that poster is horrible
is this a fan poster?

>first two Tetsuo films
>first two
you mean theres more?

wat

>guy watching the films
>mystery and suspense element to it all
>fucked up crazy shit in the films
10/10

>cause of murders was like a ghost thing and little kids
0/10 ruined what was otherwise an absolutely brilliant film, ghosts aren't real and aren't scary either

Still worked in the first film though. Like I said earlier, the second film completely fist-fucked everything the first had done well and killed it.

There is nothing there. I think youre going insane.

A bajool? Is that some kinda gook demon?

Actually, the songs used during the Super 8 footage are licensed tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=abOFFKy6HEc

The second movie was very good, Lucas Zumann is so cute

I didn't watch the 2nd one, but I liked the first one just on the premise that the evil thing won at the end.

It was interesting enough to keep me watching and the ending just made it above most horror movie garbage, so 8/10

Also I loved the scene where he looks outside and it's standing in the bushes

good job spoiling it for everyone that hasn't seen it retard

>inb4 hurrrrrr why r u in a thred 4 a movee u havent scene durrrr

I've seen it you fuckface but there are others itt that haven't. There's a reason spoiler tags exist. Kys you ugly bastard.

>hurrrrrr why r u in a thred 4 a movee u havent scene durrrr

Well fuck I have nothing else to say, why ARE you in a thread about a horror movie you haven't seen yet?

Maybe I should of spoiler'd it but you're just as much at fault, shithead

He LITERALLY said he has already seen it...

I think it would have been much better without the supernatural stuff. It was great until it went there and just sort of fell off a cliff

How is the second one? Haven't seen it yet but I liked the first one a lot.

>Shit taste in movies
>Nonce
>Thinks "cute" has any relevance in a horror film

I hope you catch Malaria

>horror movie
>title is synonym of 'scary'

Dude read the thread. Second half of it is quite clear about how awful the sequel is.

Shut the fuck up you piece of shit. This is a thread about sinister, that implies that people who have watched it will be conversing about it in said thread. This movie is also not new... would you like me to spoiler tag that Bruce Willis is a fucking ghost too ???

Scum like you deserve permanent bans. Seriously. It is absolutely paramount that you go back.

>Vincent D'Onofrio will never skype with you about your Norwegian death metal problem

you should listen to some urfaust the second that you posted sound very similar to the stuff they do. (not oall ofc)

That was pretty cool.
The ending was really awful though, the movie was building up tension through the whole lenght and then the ending just happened

Its just a dood

Great thread, OP. This movie was utterly terrifying.

how could they shit the bed so badly wth the sequel

Center left window

2 Spoopy

>the music during the burning car video
easily the most scary part of the movie for me.

I've always wondered, why do horror/thriller movies today get such low scores on rotten tomatoes/metacritic/whatever? Even decent ones like this never break past 70%

IMO the two genres whose quality are most highly dependent on personal taste are humor and horror.

Even though I kind of enjoyed Sinister, it doesn't deserve a 70 on any scale. I remember the conjuring got some good reviews back when it came out.

The video tapes were scary and fucking great but everything else was trash.

Play Silent Hill 1-4 you fucking pinhead

> sinister
> terrifying

there was absolutely nothing scary in this film. It was quite literally almost comical, ethan hawke bumbling around in the dark and getting hurt like a home alone bad guy

Seriously im not even trying to be contrarian. It is honestly blowing my mind right now that this thread is full of people who think this was a good film. It was a piece of shit.

Horror is a divisive genre

What scares one person might make another scoff, and vice versa.

Yeah, seriously, the make-up was just home-made halloween party tier.

And on the other hand, everyone shat on the perfect horror film that is The Babadook because they didn't like the kid actor or sth.

I just don't understand people.

this shit wasn't scary at all

>mr. boogie

just went to retarded territory

It isn't divisive when people get lead on by marketing to like a trash movie. Remember the Vvitch? Just a cheap forgettable B-movie that fooled its viewership into thinking it was deep and well-researched.

Badadook seriously sucked ass. I thought I was watching the wrong movie because of the praise.
>le invisble thing eating worms with generic low budget dragon scream in the basement

>Nobody was actually scared by/liked it, they just thought they were because marketing

Whatever you say, m8

How about we just admit people have different definitions of what's "scary"

The movie was close to being perfect. Still a 8/10 compared to recent horror movies.
They shouldn't have done all the exposition of Bughuul, keep that creepy fucker a mystery.
Also, the kids should have stayed in the shadows, like that picture with the children hands around Ethan.
The music is absolute top tier and is probably the main reason people like it.

Sinister 2 is absolute dogshit tho

>Jacob's Ladder
Fantastic movie. Too bad Silent Hill gives a lot of people an inaccurate impression of what it's really like.

>he got pleb filtered by The VVitch
also it was objectively well-researched, it was more accurate to occultism and witch-hysteria at the time than any other movie I've seen.

Silent Hill 2 and Jacob's Ladder are both extremely similar though. The protagonists even wear the same outfit and have the same initials, it's obvious they took inspiration.