Is he GOAT of midfielder?

Work on your prepositions Wang Mai

That's not Verratti

Henderson says hi

uuummmm steven gerrard sweetie

messi babby

he perfected his style, and it's a very good style. But there are many ways a midfielder can play. I like Busquets more and some might rate Zidane or someone more similar to Xavi but more flashy like Modric or Verratti. But Xavi is perfect

I rate the Catalan Iniesta

le cut de grass man

he was good but no jerôme rothen

I'd say Iniesta or Lampard but to each is own.

very nice haircut that guy had, and nice crosses. was he the french beckham?

For me, it's Iván De la Peña López

Best passer of all time. Also the ball was safe as fuck in his foot. I cannot remember he made a mistake. Not as trixy as Iniesta, or defensivly good as Biscuits but he made passing and holding the ball his bitch.

meh, prefer pirlo, he was so effortless in control of the ball and picking out passes.

>le fine wine man
kys

many can control the ball. not many can control the game

Xavi good
Iniesta better
Pirlo best

>pirlo
>cannot overcome pressure
better than Xavi

Most overrated player this century.

>le pass it no further than 5 meters at a time man
>le pass it sideways to iniesta over and over man
>le keep possession man
>le "assist" messi with a pass from 2 meters away then watch messi dribble six players man

Totti > Xavi

Till Rejikaard, Xavi wasn't really a GOAT. Absolutely above average midfielder with great passing skills but, meh. What did make him really better than Scholes?
Guardiola in, Xavi become the GOAT. That's because he exits from the pressure with positional passing play (feel free to search for infos about positional soccer).

Ask Pirlo if he ever had 3-4 players in a 15 meter radius with whom excange the ball.

But you can watch also matches when he was in Brescia, 17yo playing as lower, exposed, playmaker ahead defence. Analize this, instead of competitive korean videogaming.
Then watch Barcà end tell me: who's the lower playmaker? It is Busquets, you shallow man. Xavi is beside Busquets, he comes back besides the circle of midfield, applying an evolute Salida Lavolpiana (feel free to search for info about this movement, made in Chile, to exit de pressure and widen the team positional play).

Don't fall for Barcelona's merchandising memes.

How did this "Pirlo is GOAT" meme even start? Because he left Milan on a free or because he hit the bar against England?

>le keep possession man

Why is that a maymay. He never, ever lost the ball which is a world class attribute

A world class attribute yes, but not by itself. It´s like being a pacebabby, you need other things in your arsenal to be considered actually good, and Xavi only seemed to be good at not losing balls, even if he was the best at it, I don´t think that´s enough to justify his reputation as a GOAT.

This, this and this. Fucking this. and read my post above

?? Have you ever watched Xavi's play? He easily strip the pressure that Pirlo can't away

Well I disagree on the only passing 5 yards to Iniesta thing too 2bh. They'd routinely ping it over any distance directly onto each other's strong foot.

Maybe he wasn't the GOAT but still a phenomenal footballer crucial to Barca's success.

>Le dribble effortlessly away from Gerrard and Lampard man

I've watched A LOT of games of Barcelona with Xavi on the field. And I explained to you why you can't make a real comparison about pressure stripping between Pirlo and Xavi. The former played freely, the latter was encysted in a short team always getting support. And even if I have to admit that Xavi is a much better dribbler than Pirlo, if you value the two players in their overall, Pirlo is definitely the GOAT. That's the bullshit of GOAT arguments. Irl you really cannot say who's better than who if you consider this level of playing, world class.

(And you forgot Iniesta, also.)

Pirlo had amazing Long pass ability, I remember England's Quarter Final against Italy a few years ago where he totally changed the game with quick switches on the flanks and accurate long balls from deep constantly

Xavi usually had stripped pressure away with his own ability but Pirlo always was invisible man on high pressing like Ozil. If you want to block Pirlo, you stick man to man marking.

Iniesta, Xavi, Modric, Vieira (Verratti in 5 years)

then below them Pirlo, Alonso, Busquets, Fabregas, Lampard, Scholes, Kroos, Vidal

then Gerrard, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Marchisio, Carrick. Keane, Mascherano etc etc

exluding players like Zidane, Kaka whowerent really center-mids

>Modric
Fuck this meme

>Marchisio
>Fabregas

t. thinks Steven Gerrard is the best midfielder of all time

youre a mug if you dont rate modric

problem?

Fabregas has the 2nd most assists in PL history despite only playing about 8 seasons. He was the best player in England for a couple seasons before going to Barca. very, very good player

and whats wrong with Marchisio? good player despite being injury prone

>Fabregas
He was shit at Barca and is shit at Chelsea
>Marchisio
Mediocre player There is too many player who are better than him.

He started when Pirlo became the architect of a WC winning team in 2006. Kid.

Not him but Fabregas is one of the best midfielders to ever play in the PL irrespective of Barca/Chelsea

Easily in that tier

>Mascherano same tier as Gerrard

KYS

>doesn't rate end product
>only rates sliding tackles

That's absolutely not true. That's one of the things everyone loved about Pirlo. His ability to totally nullify the pressing adverse by spinning round. Watch his game against England or Germany to see that.

He was a GOAT, until this guy came at his full force

>He was shit at Barca and is shit at Chelsea

lmao. 31 goals and 35 assists in 3 seasons isn't shit. he was also played out of position

and he isn't shit now either. last season he averaged a goal or assist per 78 minutes. which is a far superior record to Eriksen, Alli, Coutinho and De Bruyne who are all well, well over 1 per 100 minutes.

>Mediocre player

wrong.

>There is too many player who are better than him
wrong again. i already listed the players whoa re comprehensively better. the rest are on a similar level

you forgot:

>le win every possible award and trophy and accolade over a very long and prosperous career and reach the highest peak of any midfielder man

yes, amazing
none of those were because he played in stacked teams or anything

>5 league titles
>Champions League
>League Cup
>Club World Cup

>Copa America

Must be better than Ballack

>over a very long and prosperous career
Except that's not true. He was only great under Guardiola for a short period. Pirlo is ten times the player he was.

Kek don't look at the stat He was utterly shit at Barca and Barca sold Thiago because of him. Later Barca sold him because he didn't play well and bought Rakitic and win treble. No one who is Barca fan don't miss him. Now he is going to warm bench like last season. How can say bench member isn't shit??? You're wrong, not me. I don't think you watch football.

>Kek don't look at the stat

stopped reading here you utter simpleton

Considering stat is not everything to evaluate player you idiot. By your logic Fabergas is way better than Xavi and Iniesta

Iniesta=queen piece
Xavi=king piece

And how can you put Marchisio in that tier??? Fucking kek you certainly don't watch football. I mean except that player There are so many midfielders who are better than Marchisio in earth.

its not am exhaustive list you utter fucking simpleton. he is the same level of ability as the players in that category

go and list every player that should be listed in the tier above that i posted you utter simpleton.

also

>some gook living in a timezone where European football matches take place in the middle of the night thinks he watches more football than me

lmao. just lmao. kys

Gerrad=Marchisio

Maybe you are watching more football match than me but you don't know anything about soccer. You are just doing waste of time.

>Getting this buttblasted
>calling someone a simpleton multiple times in a sports debate

Yes. His chance creating ability is lthe best in history,he could undo pressure lines effortlessly and he cpuld control the tempo of a match at will. Anyone that mentions shit tier players like Pirlo in the same sentence as Xavi is just a clueless moron. Xavi has always humilliated Pirlo in every direct match,culminating woth the 2012 dickslapping

>2012

Pirlo was the only fucking decent player in Italy you absolute fucking homo, it's abit hard to control the match when you don't have great players to pass to,

also I'm pretty sure you weren't paying attention to the match because Italy were controlling possession for the first half and out playing spain, the 3rd and 4th goals were practially let in because Italy were so disheartened at that point

Of course, just watch this riveting highlight reel:

>Pirlo was the only fucking decent player in Italy you absolute fucking homo
>Pirdoras are this deluded
Kek

>pirlo
how to spot someone that only plays fifa

>the actual playmaker and metronome was Busquets, but still thinks Xavi was not an inside right.
>forgot in 2012 Italy was shit
>forgot in World Cup 2006 Pirlo was at his top, Xavi played 16 games in liga 05/06. Same age of Pirlo.
>speaking about chance creating ability forgot Baggio, Ronaldinho, Savicevic, Scholes and Iniesta as well. And much more.
>he seems to not have the skills to understand that the job of an inside right is not the same job of a playmaker or of a classical 10. But it's fancy to talk about chance creating, so Xavi must be a good chance creator as well.
>still proud of a Catalunian playing for the crown's flag

Pirlo became a proper meme after that match where he completed like 97% of his sideways/backwards passes (against England, I think). No one rated him this much before that.

Pirlo always needed high workrate players around him and his defending is abysmal.

Prime Kaka

fake Xabi

How to spot someone who started watching football this decade

Fake guti

Yeah. They missed a lot. Luis Nazario Da Lima above all.

As a fact: Xavi actually was nothing till 2007.