How long until this is the best league outside of Europe?

How long until this is the best league outside of Europe?

-3 years

>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!!!

I used to think all divegrass fans were bad, but the American ones are so much worse than the rest. They're the chicanos of Sup Forums, which is fitting because most of them are actual chicanos too.

Never ever.

A long time.

I'd much rather have >our best players train and compete in Europe.

Probably easier to ask: how long will it remain the worst league in the world. I'd say two, maybe three. Generations

>all this falseflagging
>all this bullshit
>again and again

Can't you guys stick to Ligue 1 flamewars now? Any real MLS fan has an accurate perception of the scope of our league, both on the US stage and the world stage as well. No one REALLY claims that this league is in the top 3, but it certainly is making its way up the ladder, however slowly.

There is always talk about this being a retirement league. That definitely rings true in a lot of way, but no one ever bothers to mention the increase in the rate at which 30-35 year old players are coming over here. At one point, the entire fanbase shit itself when beckham signed to the Galaxy, and now we have many more "just out of their prime" players coming every season. I figure it is only a matter of time until the league raises its salary cap to a level that might attract actual good, seasoned european and south american players.

But I guess this is the entirety of american history in a nutshell, right?
>"hahaha, look at these stupid fucking colonists lmao they don't even have a real country"
>fast forward 200 years
>"p-please don't destroy our economy with sanctions, US-kun."
I'm not saying that MLS will ever be the best league. Shit, I'm not even saying it will ever be in the top 5. But to deny the growth of the league is just denying reality itself.

Outside of Europe?

MLS will be the 5th best league on earth within 12 years.

theyre already top 12 league on earth top to bottom.

ATTENTION: Carlos Vela to sign with LAFC in the next 48 hours.
Big move

Quick, name all the leagues outside of Europe that are better than MLS

debatably argentina brazil and mexico?

or is brazil a mess now?

Brazilian and Liga MX.

but is the Brazilian league dominated by 4 teams, and the rest all shit?

Argentinian league is shit now
Brazil is is in decline too, every player worth a shit gets sold before they're 21

MLS is probably 3rd best now and will be equal with the Mexican League in about 5 years

Liga mx
Brazil serie a
J league
Chinese super league in a year or two

>brazilian league
>dominated by 4 teams
Try 14 or something.

>J league
>Chinese league will continue to improve even though the clubs are all failing

It's fine if the topic is too irrelevant to know anything about, but this opinion is trash

>Chinese super league in a year or two

Chinese super league suffers from the same problem holding back MLS except like 10x worse.

Their top players are pretty good, but their worst players are absolutely horrific and their domestic talent isn't good enough yet to fill those holes. At least MLS is getting close to raising the talent floor to an acceptable level, but Chinese league is still way away from that.

Just because j league clubs don't have one or two washed up ex stars in their sides doesn't mean they are any worse than mls sides. The league has been established at a higher level of quality and is now multi tiered. The infrastructure of the clubs are generally of the same or better level than American sides and have been that way for 20 years. Far more youth products come through the league and make it into the competitive national team (which is far better than USAs)

What do the three stars mean?

>china
>japan

stay realistic people.
not even close, and MLS is widening the gap every day.

top to bottom the best league outside of Europe is the Mexican league.

MLS can bridge that gap with a few bumps to the salary cap.
though in fairness, it isn't fair for any of us to critique what MLS has achieved in 20 years.

MLS has a very long way to go. I doubt any team could even compete in the English second division whereas other leagues could quite easily.

Scrap the salary capping (owners are fucking wealthy enough), develop serious nation-wide scouting and development programmes and it will be a top league in the entire world given enough time.

>Far more youth products come through the league and make it into the competitive national team (which is far better than USAs)

Okay Yoshi, whatever you say

This.

15-20 years

needs a generation to inspire the american population into playing football and making a marketable league with homegrown talent and foreign stars

also without playing european teams often in games that actually mean anything, no one in europe will give a fuck

Uhm, sorry sweety, but its been the best outside of europe since Beckham made his debut. It was immediately legitimized.

Pretty sure the growth of MLS is what can allow you to make such a statement.

Besides a couple of meme runs Liga MX wasn't anywhere near as decent as it is now ever since another league came along forcing them to try harder in the CCL. Our first international cup win will change so many things that happen down there.

a player who's passed his prime by several years playing for insane wages and the LA sun doesnt legitimise the league as one of the best, just clever marketing

however, teams in cities like LA have the fact they're in LA to entice players to sign, imagine being given the same wages but the choice between living in Liverpool or LA or New York

At least 80 of soccer fans are Mexican, don't speak English and only watch Liga MX

This is the best post in the thread.

MLS is a weird fucking league though. The season is at a weird time, the player salary variations are absurd (some players on $45,000 and others on multi-million dollar contracts), and to top it all off, buying/selling players is essentially run by the MLS (league itself) rather than the clubs.

For instance read about the Dom Dwyer trade from Kansas City to Orlando. Dwyer was wanted by European clubs. Sporting KC even rejected a bid from Olympiacos for Dwyer. He could have gone to a Champion's League club for over $3 million but instead stays in the MLS. Why?

Because MLS would have taken the bulk of that money. The club itself would have gotten around $650,000 only, and could only spend a chunk of that on players. Majority of it would have to go to club finances and youth production.

MLS is essentially the most authoritative soccer league in existence. It's great for stability but not necessarily great for growth.

MLS will mull about being a below average league until it feels financially stable enough to allow clubs their own autonomy.

the growth of MLS has been ingenious

they purposely did a very very heave slow growth.
they are building an enormous structure and spent years reinforcing the columns of the structure.

these discussions are useless though
its usually a bunch of idiots who watch a few premier league games a year and think they know the level of MLS
"prob as good as the englsih league 2"
"as good as china or japan"
stupid stupid shit.

Also the only correct way to compare MLS to other league is to take all of MLS's best players and put them all on 6 teams.

When you do that, you'll see MLS already is a top 10 league, pretty easily, just like the Mexican league.

to think MLS wont be a top 5 league in 10 to 15 years is pretty naïve.

>"prob as good as the englsih league 2"
>"as good as china or japan"
>stupid stupid shit.

it's called being realistic. the US' and MLS' greatest player ever was so out of his depth in top level football it's not even funny. a good striker over there in altidore scored a single league goal in two seasons in england. this is what you're dealing with

your league is shite and will be in 10-15 years

that's ignorantly simplistic.
different styles of different players work differently in different leagues, obviously.
I think David Villa, and Kaka, and giovinco, and etc etc etc etc would be just fine in the premier league.

American players in the prem don't ever get rolling till alte in their career.. Dempsey, brian McBride, etc.

Same idea of Costa Rica being on another level than England, and beating the shit out of Italy and beating Uruguay at the last world cup.

Not many would argue against the fact that Pachuca of the Mexican league would win in the English championship division.
get your power levels and gaps better calibrated,

stop spewing dumb shit.
"mls will still be shite in 10 - 15 years"
you're being painfully naive and unrealistic.

Dempsey is literally better than Rooney.

>stupid stupid shit
you just reinforced his point. Jozy was nowhere near being a great US and MLS forward, when he first left or now when he came back, he isn't even the best forward playing for his team. And if you're talking about landon he never felt comfortable playing outside his country just like literally every english player right now

>I think David Villa, and Kaka, and giovinco, and etc etc etc etc would be just fine in the premier league.

no they wouldn't, it's the most physically demanding and fast tempo league in the world. why do you think thierry henry never went back to arsenal? because he knew he was nowhere near that standard any more.

costa rica was a valiant fluke just like leicester and the underdogs before them. you're ignorant if you think that means they're on the same level as italy, uruguay or even us.

>Not many would argue against the fact that Pachuca of the Mexican league would win in the English championship division.
plenty would argue against that. you're talking absolute nonsense.

>Jozy was nowhere near being a great US and MLS forward

and you missed my point. didn't say he was great but he has a decent record over there, whereas he's arguably the worst striker ever to play in the premiership.

You have to be be joking

You're missing his point about some players feeling much more comfortable within their own country.

EPL has been historically terrible for US players, and English players have been notoriously terrible playing outside of the EPL.

Just look at how much better the young US players sent to Bundesliga have been developing compared to the ones sent to the EPL recently.

>English players have been notoriously terrible playing outside of the EPL.

beckham, lineker, mcmanaman, keegan etc. and even owen were by no means "notoriously terrible". got fuck all to do with not feeling comfortable abroad, it's the double salaries they receive from playing in england.

I know development is shit in the country particularly at the top level, but I reiterate the scale and how competitive the premier league is. a multi-billion pound industry has little room for throwing kids in. hate is as much as anyone but what can you do

> Any real MLS fan has an accurate perception of the scope of our league
>No one REALLY claims that this league is in the top 3, but it certainly is making its way up the ladder, however slowly.
Look at that retardation and delusion.
Also
>that r*ddit spacing
Go back to r/soccer.

>I think David Villa, and Kaka, and giovinco, and etc etc etc etc would be just fine in the premier league.
You need to go back to mlssoccer, Garber shill. This is just embarrassing.

>American education