Why is this show so unbearable shit?

Why is this show so unbearable shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Czm_P3Zo0bM
youtu.be/eKdc9429GwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not, I love it.
Can't wait for season 3.
I also browse reddit and Sup Forums everyday.

what makes you think it's shit?

because dan 'mr. reddit' harmon wrote it

Best animated show around, Famicom. And I've never browsed Reddit.

Becuse it has shit animation this is better and funny youtu.be/Czm_P3Zo0bM
youtu.be/eKdc9429GwM

Show is 50% Harmon and 50% Roiland.
Roiland adds nothing of substance but he's the best part of the show.
Harmon isn't funny and forces edgy shit and a lame plot nobody cares about.

The writing, the characters, the animation, the fanbase.

The fact that the humour hinges on references and random shouting. The fact that the high concept sci-fi stuff is usually well done but it usually just references (read: steals) from something else, and the third act is always slogged down with "touching moments of deep character progression :'(" but Harmon can't right this sort of scene for shit. Same with community, where everything was solved by Jeff giving a touching speech that makes no sense while everyone "reflects" or whatever.

It's just bad, and the ungodly praise doesn't help at all.

It's not, it's very good. Creative, funny, often clever. Each season has a couple excellent episodes, a few good ones, and a couple just ok ones.

But please, continue the circlejerk, I hope in lieu of karma you get all the (You)s you're after.

>I don't actually watch the show but parrot Sup Forums talking points.

>It's not, it's very good. Creative, funny, often clever.

CAPE FEAR! I'M DOING A CAPE FEAR!

>yfw that episode that literally had john oliver guest starring and a cuckold subplot

I've never discussed the show or seen any threads for it here, I just think it's over rated. I sat throw every episode. The more I dwell on the show the more the flaws really stand out.

What's the consensus here on Sup Forums?

Vocal minority carries your exact sentiment and gets a lot of traction. Quiet majority enjoys it.

>It's another "I hate this show because some reddit users enjoy it" episode

>Quiet majority enjoys it.

Read the thread, the flaws have been explained.

And the detractors worship at the feet of le meme god emperor, makes sense

Mad, reddit?

Why is this board so unbearable shit?

You should read Harmon's twitter, it's a good saltmine.
He's actually put his own name in (((brackets))).

I watched the first episode and I think that user nailed it. It had funny moments but I couldn't bring myself to watch a second episode because all the forced drama was as clumsy and immersion-breaking as it was in Community.

I didn't see one likeable character in either show, too. Which isn't usually a problem, but Harmon is so obviously trying to write "cool" likeable characters and failing hard.

Harmon can be funny, but his shows turn me off with every aspect besides the humour, and maybe the casting.

he's an alcoholic and cries about getting trolled on twitter a lot. him and his shows are both a pathetic and uncreative mess

I'm really interested in your opinion on the series based on the first 20 minutes, thanks for sharing.

Justin get back to work

His tweets and how he writes his characters are both exactly the same.

It's not like it changes.

Becau *burp* because Morty, Morty, y-ya gotta *burp* have a, a, a r-really shitty, a really like shitty sense of *burp* humour to, to, like it.

>yfw the burps are now just separately recorded

Also watch Rick's burps have some kind of deep backstory in the next season.
Calling it now.

How much better can it really get? Did I miss out on some phenomenal story arc that is established over the course of the season? Is a new character introduced at some point that revolutionises the show? Did Dan Harmon quit after the first episode and it suddenly becomes engaging and as fun as it thinks it is?

Maybe you need more than one bite of a shit sandwich to form an opinion, but I can tell that something like that is not for me from a first impression. I only finished the first episode out of a sense of obligation.

O-oh, geez.
I-I don't know about this, A-user.

>Why is this show so unbearable shit?

Your grasp of grammar is poor. This question makes no sense but I just happen to be generous enough to provide you with two examples that do.

>Why is this show such unbearable shit?
Replacing the "so" with "such" corrects your mistake.

>Why is this show so unbearably shit?
Or if you wish to keep the "so", you need to modify "unbearable".

No need to thank me.

I realised that right after I posted.

Thank you for wasting your own time.

I understood perfectly well what that user was saying. Your correction, in such an informal and international arena, is completely unnecessary and strongly suggests a hostility towards that user's opinion that you cannot resolve by addressing the content of their post, and so you pedantically attack their linguistic ability.

>How much better can it really get?
I actually had to look up the plot to the pilot because it was so forgettable.

Yep, that's your average episode. Nothing much better happens, nothing much worse.

bump for actual answers

>unfunny edgy shit with a "2deep4u" story and themes that really activate the almonds
i wonder why

JUSTIN

WE WATCHED THE H3 PODCAST

WE KNOW YOURE IN HERE

>DUDE I'M AN ALCOHOLIC NARCISSIST LMAO DUDE EVERYTHING IS POINTLESS LMAO
>DUDE I'M HIS BORING AS FUCK SIDEKICK LMAO
>DUDE EVERYONE STUTTERS A LOT LMAO

>DUDE LE LIFE IS MEANINGLESS AND WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS THE FOCUS OF EVERY SINGLE FUCKING EPISODE LMAO
>DUDE *BURP* LMAO

>DUDE LOOK AT ALL THESE CHARACTERS AND CREATURES, TOO BAD THEY ADD NOTHING TO THE STORY AND ALL SUCK LMAO

I think it's funny. You don't like it? Why make a thread?

>waah dont criticize muh favorite show

i like it because it triggers autists so hard

>You don't like it? Why make a thread?
To discuss it you fucking moron.

I can see why you find it funny. You're clearly retarded.

discuss what? you not liking the show? seems pointless

You have to be 18 to use this site, kid.

Discussing time-wasters is pointless, doesn't mean it isn't fun. You're always free to leave this pointless board where we discuss TV shows.

I bet you're the kind of guy who thinks recurring jokes are reference humor

Why so?

Why even bring that up?

All of the threads here are pointless though

>Think's reddit morty is funny
>Doesn't understand basic shit on Sup Forums.

Really makes you think.

>this thread
I'm glad to see at least one board is safe from reddit.

Oh fuck you're right hahaha

Stop shitposting, Justin

there are still grammar fags in the current year? hm, makes you think huh?

never judge a show by it's pilot

Not usually, but this one is actually right on the money for how the rest of the show plays out.

Mediocre as fuck.

Because you pointed out most of the humor is references and shouting when that is not the case; most of the humor comes from improv, especially evidenced in the intergalatic-whatever-TV episode that catches channels from all the Universes or some shit. Hell, watching just a bunch of interviews with the guys is enough to tell you they don't really sit down to write jokes, they just start with a random idea and go with it. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is pretty much what decides if the viewer likes the show or thinks it's utter garbage.

Are there sci-fi references? Yes a shitton of them, but that is not what the actual humor is based on. Example: can you really sum up the episode where Rick creates a love potion for Morty but it backfires so he creates a cure for that and that backfires too by turning people into monsters as "DUDE CRONENBERGS LMAO"? You can't, because the humor is NOT based on references. Rick started as a parody of Doc from Back to the Future, can you sum up his character as "DUDE BTTF LMAO"?

I don't even like the show that much because it makes me cringe a lot, but it's certainly not because of making references.

>tfw to intelligent too care about grammer

because retroscripting and improv are overdone shit now.

It was good back when ATHF and Home Movies came out and it felt new and fresh and maybe they did a few takes until they got a really funny one and had a solid scripted backbone to build from, unlike than just going with whatever burping stammering shit Justin Roiland regurgitates to himself off the top of his head and calling it a day.

>Because you pointed out most of the humor is references and shouting when that is not the case
Nope, that is mostly the case. Nearly everything in the show is a lazy reference to something, and what is original isn't funny anyway.

You didn't mention recurring jokes even though that was the only thing I asked you about, chum.

You're probably right.
I have to admit that I get it when people dont like rick and morty even though I really enjoyed it so far. It's just not for everyone and most of the fanbase doesnt seem to acknowledge that.
Whenever someone says they dont like the show my tumblr cousin accuses them of "not getting it". I never understood while the Fanbase keeps saying that. I mean I like it but just because it is less retarded than Family Guy it's not "smart".

I watched the 2 seasons back to back in two days and I liked it

It's not. This meme is boring. The show is top tier.

hi justin

It's clear that the majority of people who have watched it enjoyed it. There is high demand for a new season. There are about 100 people on Sup Forums. They dislike it because reddit enjoys it. If it was such a bad show, they wouldn't be making another season. There's obviously demand for it.

Also, what does it feel like constantly getting cucked by reddit?

Yeah totally!!
by the way did you notice how much the Simpsons suck after season 5?!

Give it time, the flaws in the writing begin to show after repeat viewings and basic examination.

What an argument. The show is clearly shit.

>If it was such a bad show, they wouldn't be making another season.

Why do you come here if you don't understand how television programming works?

>obviously if it's popular, it's good
way to go kid, you did it

Everything you just said was retarded.

>the third act is always slogged down with "touching moments of deep character progression

Whats specifically great about this show is how it deconstructs this meme. You are thinking of every other sci-fi like futurama where they ham fist in morals at the end. Rick and Morty tend to never do that and in fact mostly say the opposite.

>Rick and Morty tend to never do that and in fact mostly say the opposite.

They end every other episode with either this, or Rick lazily talking to the audience.

Have you even watched the show?

You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

Dubs of truth.

I think it's really hit or miss. Some episodes suck, some are pretty funny.

I certainly enjoy it more than South Park, Family Guy, American Dad.

>the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance
> or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before.

This is the main reason for me. The characters are completely fucking boring.

>the third act is always slogged down with "touching moments of deep character progression
Sounds like you don't watch the show then

I thought this was pretty on the button, so I sent this to a group chat with a few fans of the show in it. the responses from the bigger fans were

>Why can't Rick and Morty just be simple man you're looking way too into it.
>tldr
>Don't like it? Don't watch it.

They sounded angry but they couldn't offer any point of refutation.

No, that typically happens at the end of every other episode. Harmon can't write character development.

OP here, not Justin

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Is it just me or those two episodes with the TV shows from all universes felt really lame and uninteresting? It seemed like they didn't have much material for the entire season and just threw random ideas on the screen.

reet root

braindead fans will praise it as innovative & fresh, but it seems to me that neither harmon & roiland are very good at improv humor. Compared to like Dr.Katz where the improv bits seamlessly blend into the episode and are utilized to simulate a kind of 'realness' in the interactions between character, R&M's improv was just outright wackiness & non-sequitur , like the whole joke was just look at how Cruhhaazzyy and off the wall we're getting!

There were a few bits that were better than others. The little bit about the fake-door salesman got a laugh out of me.

wow those guys sound like a real bunch of uncultured assholes.

is there even anything rebbit likes that Sup Forums also likes?

I don't think they were that great but the detective babylegs part was hilarious

Best episode for me still is the one where the family gets home invaded by aliens that implant themselves into memories, or only make positive ones

Yes, plenty. Westworld, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, the list goes on.

it's literally a meme show taylor made or plebby redditers

Oh shit I've been rumbled.

TV is reddit

>stuff everybody likes

Good point.

Trips confirm. That's just fucking gay enough to believe
>mfw they gave "wubbalubbadubdub" a fucking backstory rather just have it be nonsensical jibberish
"Epic deep lore" is ruining cartoons

Never knew this board had so many butthurt redditors

zoop

redditors have been slowly infesting this website more and more, user.

Justin, pls go away.

I believe everybody here goes on both sites, user.

It's not the best animated show, because there's both better content set to animation, and leagues upon leagues of better animated shows above Rick And Morty's shit animation.

Even if that is true (statistically extremely unlikely) that's irrelevant.