What happened with this review?

What happened with this review?

It sounded more like them trying to be contrarian children then actually giving the movie a review. It was 38 minutes of "there's too much fan service and it's too different"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L5hSwnZ7FyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scared White Dudes: The review

Just ignore these guys, they seem really desperate to stay relevant.

>Scared White Dudes

Since when does their race and gender have to do with their opinions on a film?

Typical tolerant left, folks.

Boy, they really upset the neckbeard audience with this one.

Guess they forgot how badly you faggots cope with someone disagreeing with you.

AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs AT-STs

But it's not about them disagreeing, it's fine they don't like the movie but the review itself was just shit. Most of the things they were complaining about didn't even make any sense and they contradicted themselves multiple times.

Admit it, user. The comment about "this movie will be loved by fat guys with beards" really hit too close to home.

I was waiting for the little Vador to move and scare me.

I liked the movie and I liked the review. im also not a triggered little nigger. The day RLM has someone who is not white on one of their shows is the day i am done with them. White people are the reason why are all here.

Examples of both things you think made no sense and contradictions?

They generally have one overarching critique of the films they espouse earlyand repeat it throughout the review so that's not really a criticism.

I agree with them on the fan service, but I disagreed with them on it being "too different." It's almost like they're human beings who like and dislike things you might not agree with. Like I don't understand how Mike could like Jurassic World when it was so awfully written, but at the same time I'm with him with in liking IDR which is a total schlock fest.

Same problem that the prequels dealt with: instead of expanding Star Wars, it focused more on "filling the blanks" on things we already know, or can be assumed from the original trilogy.

Funny cause I was talking about it to a fat guy with a beard who actually said "When Vader's lightsabre turned on was the sound of my boner." So yeah, that comment is exactly spot on.

>TFA didn't need to new and original
>R1 was bad because TFA wasn't new and original

>jay did nothing wrong

prove me wrong

TFA had a job to do. It had to refocus the series after the mess of the prequels. It had to show that it was a Star Wars movie, a real one.

Admittedly, it has a lot of problems but the main point is, Rogue One didn't need to have that level of pandering. The series is back again, it's on track. Rogue One can basically do whatever it wants -- it's not part of the new trilogy. It's superfluous. It shouldn't feel like a Disney commercial.

I get their point.

Pretty sure they said it was bad because the characters were shitty underdeveloped blobs and despite being billed as 'different' still heavily relied on nostalgia.

Best vid they've done for a while, the first 5 mins pretty much sums up star wars fans and most mainstream "nerd culture".

Rogue one barely had any pandering though, apart from the i don't like you guy and C3PO/R2D2 cameos, everything that was in the film made sense to the setting and plot and had a purpose.

>Rogue One can basically do whatever it wants

You have that mixed up. Rouge One is set just before ANH, so it's choice of worlds and characters used are perfectly acceptable. It's the one that needs to bend it's narrative to fit in with canon. Which they did, as well as expanding the lore a bit (DS weakness being built in, DS being capable of smaller, more focused attacks).

TFA is set 30 years into the future and had a blank canvas to do whatever they wanted. They chose to be fucking lazy and rehash ANH. They went so far as to shoe horn in stuff without explanation and devolve established characters to make it as cookie cutter as possible.

where is the christmas botw

tomorrow

Thanks, Jay

Shut the fuck up, white manbaby

I recently discovered RLM commentary tracks on bandcamp.

It's basically like doing a BotW episode with Mike, Jay and Rich. It's fucking awesome. It might even be my favorite thing of theirs now.

>a movie is perfectly acceptable just because they already decided beforehand to rehash everything by setting it in the same timeframe as the OT

So if you already knew that TFA would be a rehash it would be a good movie all of a sudden?

So they bitch about ONE quick shot and one line from R2 and C3PO, but nothing about C3PO literally blocking the view and R2 solving the plot in TFA?
Mkay

[muffled neckbeard screams in the distance]

Wat?

Their main issue, as well as my one, was that we got THE most one-dimensional and uninteresting characters rendering their sacrifice at the end emotionless.

One is there for the sole reason of pandering to the "HAHA SOMETHING I KNOW HAHA IM 12 BY THE WAY!", the other, as you put has plot relevance.

>muh friend simulator
lmao off yourself

>mfw this and the force awakens review caused so much butthurt

RLM is the gift that keeps on giving

>introduced with a red arm
>oh, you're probably asking yourself about my red arm
>you see I won't explain this now

Jesus Christ I hate you, Lindelof.

Yeah thats bullshit. At this point Mike treats cinema like a friend simulator, somebody just shoot this miserable fat fuck.
They were fine action movie characters. Jyn had an arc of accepting her role in rebellion, Cassian had his arc of turning his back on despicable assassination missions and trusting Jyn along with other renegades, asians were cool and had chemistry, Riz Ahmed brought his own charm to the character, the droid quipped. It's no better or worse than Luke Skywalker being upset that uncle won't let him fly ships.

Honestly, they have a point. I enjoyed the movie overall but we got like no actual characterization.

Honestly it felt like watching someone's Star Wars RPG game. There was the one girl who had a tragic backstory and drove the plot. There was the leader guy who was "complex" because he did one bad thing to that informant and never does anything bad again. There was the guy who wanted to play a Jedi but wasn't allowed to so he used a staff and was just a "Force believer". There was the heavy weapons guy with no backstory or personality, except for "uh I guess I protect staff guy". There was The Pilot with no other traits. And there was the one guy who was good at role playing playing a droid that was both an astromech and a protocol droid in one.

>It's no better or worse than Luke Skywalker being upset that uncle won't let him fly ships.
I don't like the "it's okay if this aspect of our movie is shit because it was shit in the original trilogy too" argument.

Pretty strong words from the likes of them.

Why not, since OT is held as the golden standard?

They're getting a lot of shit for it in the comments and loads of abuse on Twitter.

Seems everyone likes the movie apart from contrarian autists like people here, and try hard reviewers.

>Expecting Rogue One to be different
From day 1, we all knew it was going to be about a ragtag team of rebels getting those Death Star plans.

I don't even remember who Riz Ahmed was lmao. Or half the character names.

And I am pretty sure everyone else can't tell either, besides the fat neckbeards who already knew all the character names before the movie was even released.

>since OT is held as the golden standard?
You'd have to be an absolute pleb to think they're the standard by which movies should be judged against when so much of their status in cinema is a result of nostalgia.

Don't put the past on a pedestal, just make an actual movie.

No. R1 is a spin off movie that takes place in the same universe. By definition it cannot contradict the main story line. What it can do is use the worlds, characters and technology of time that it takes place in to tell a story. R1 did just that. Whether you like it or not is entirely up to you.

TFA is part of the main story line. It can essentially do whatever it wants. There are no limitations. The fact that they decided to not do anything different, and instead retell ANH is not only lazy, but shameless. Aside from a few characters, there was nothing new in TFA. The story was the same, the technology was the same, everyone is still doing the same thing they were doing 30 years ago. There is no excuse for that.

>IT'S GOT TOO MUCH STAR WARS IN IT
>THE CHARACTERS AREN'T STAR WARS ENOUGH
>IT'S NOT A HAPPY ADVENTURE STORY OF GOOD VS EVIL, LIKE >REAL< STAR WARS :(
come on you hack frauds what do you want from it?

Riz Ahmed is the actor's name, not character's. Are you just pretending to be retarded at this point? Is that you, Jay?

>Cassian had his arc of turning his back on despicable assassination missions and trusting Jyn along with other renegades

For no reason. He just suddenly decides not to shoot Jyn's father despite killing a disabled dude.

>Jyn had an arc of accepting her role in rebellion

Jyn had no arc, she's just there, we don't even know her as a chracter, just that she was raised by Saw and dropped at 16.

>asians were cool and had chemistry
Literally there for kung fu in space. No deeper connection to the force despite being in city with a ruined jedi temple.

>Riz Ahmed brought his own charm to the character

Riz Ahmed was fucking wasted just for exposition, explaining technical shit that doesn't need to be explained.

>Droid
He was okay.

And vader's "don't choke on your own ambition", Jesus.

>everyone is still doing the same thing they were doing 30 years ago
This, but as Han Solo said, in bigger, nothing new.

And nobody wants that story, it's fucking BORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

>Riz Ahmed brought his own charm to the character
Barely. I like that actor but he was totally wasted in the role. Just like every time any of these Disney hires actual acting talent. So you've got great actors like Ben Mendelson and Mads Mikkelson playing these thinly sketched out characters. May as well have just hired Joe no name because it didn't benefit the film other than making it look more legitimate from the outside.

>Seems everyone likes the movie

No, everyone likes that 5-10 minute scene with vader. That's all anyone IRL mentions.

>TFA had a job to do. It had to refocus the series after the mess of the prequels. It had to show that it was a Star Wars movie, a real one.

Yeah but not even memeing and regurgitating mike but i seriously thought based off the ads it was going to be an Oceans 11 style caper film with each member having some bare characterization and one or two unique skills to benefit breaking into the Death Star and progressively getting deeper and deeper and stealing the plans.

Instead we got nothing. Outside of whitaker, k2 and jyn none of them had any character or development beyond "Hes the mechanic guy, hes the love interest guy and hes the spiritual guy"

I'm fine with it not being a caper film, but still it bills itself as a "War movie" that's something 'different' from the mainline SW series, but it's not different enough to actually stand on its own two feet imo. I think Jay brought this up and i found it a very salient point. They TRIED to be different, but Disney is so risk averse it just comes off as half assed.

>Jyn had no arc, she's just there, we don't even know her as a chracter, just that she was raised by Saw and dropped at 16.
Jyn's arc is that she's bitter and wants nothing to do with the rebellion, she feels abandoned by both Galen and Saw. She's about to leave when Saw shows her a message from Galen which makes her realise her purpose.
That's her motivation. What motivation does Rey have to do anything in TFA other than "I have Force so I guess I'm protagonist now"?

But Rich didn't like it.

This just proves that most audiences are just retards. I mean, Now You See Me got a fucking sequel and there's rumours of a third one.

Her motivation is it fucking sucks to be a scrap farmer living in a bombed out shithole.

Justifying shitty writing with the original trilogy is bad enough but people have moved on to rationalizing shit with the fucking force awakens now? Yes, Rey is a bad character too.

There is some truth to Mike's rumored bigotry, and Rich has always been a bit of a contrarian edge lord. Add to that all the tiresome "trigfered" and "something-shaming" jokes they always throw around. I guess Jay is just too much of a push-over to interject.

When did this humble YouTube channel turn into Alt-Right Media? Kind of ironic given how often Mike loudly complains about movies being so blatant about their political agenda...

We're talking about HITB review here, it's theirs justification, not mine.

>What motivation does Rey have to do anything in TFA other than "I have Force so I guess I'm protagonist now"?

Getting off a dirt farm?

Rey is a better and more likeable character than Jyn. Jyn has no charisma.

>When did this humble YouTube channel turn into Alt-Right Media?

Are you genuinely retarded?

the same motivation Luke had in the OT

TFA is a carbon-copy of Ep. IV, this fact alone makes it not shit

She was about to go back to bumfuck planet until Kylo Ren captured her for no reason instead of capturing the droid. Then she comes back, hugs Leia despite seeing her for the first time ever, and suddenly decided to learn under Luke

"All these Marvel movies are too similar, I hate it!"

"This Star Wars is too different, I hate it!"

"Oh, Jurassic World. It's perfect."

They are self proclaimed hacks though, so I guess I'll let it slide.

>Rey is a better and more likeable character than Jyn
The way Rey progresses is pretty bad, but I'd say that the early scenes of her on the desert planet did more to endear me towards her than anything with Jyn in Rouge One.

At which point did you lose all trust in RLM as non-retards, Sup Forums? Linkrelated for me
youtube.com/watch?v=L5hSwnZ7FyY

what a shitty post

>lol she's a better character because she's cuteee xD
Fuck off.

>t-that didn't shut him up, let me try the same ad hom again!

I haven't. I trust their views over Sup Forums anytime.

Jesus cause they (rightly) shat over your favourite movie doesn't mean they have shit reviews.

Jyn had zero charisma, cassian had zero charisma, forrest whitaker was having battlefield earth flash backs, only kung fu spacemen and droid had any charm.

>Are you genuinely retarded?

Mike is a massive "shit lord". I saw some screens from an old forum post, he used some pretty strong and violent sexual imagery and very sexually loaded slurs to describe some woman he didn't like. And then he went on to defend Gulf War 2: The Search for Spocks Oil.

You can take the Lord out of the Shit, but you can'take take the Shit out of the Lord.

>Typical tolerant left, folks.
Fuck off.

Liberals aren't left wing.

>Jyn had zero charisma
There are like 5 threads on the complex subject of Felicity's teeth and feets on Sup Forums right now, so clearly she had some

How did you disagree with what they said, snowflake?

Proof please, captain faggot.

>Gulf War 2: The Search for Spocks Oil.
Wat?

But so he still is a Lord right?

> this fact alone makes it not shit
if you're a retarded baby who likes the same shit over and over again, sure.

We had those before the movie even released.

"Triggered! Shit-post shaming!"

Is what I would have said, if I was Rich Evans. Then I would scream "AIIIIIDS" into a microphone, and brag about how I make AIDS funny.

She's pretty as fuck. That doesn't mean she has charisma (though that could be attributed to the whole film being crap).

Zooey Deschannel is cute as fuck but she can't act for shit.

I never trusted them, but I realized Mike was just drunk all the time after Jurassic World

>the same motivation Luke had in the OT
No, she doesn't.
Rey was living just fine but just decided to change her mind just like that.
Luke hated the Empire, and he had absolutely nothing left to live for.

>but just decided to change her mind just like that.
As does Cassian when decides not shoot Galen...or any of the people there including the FUCKING director, the vip looking guy in a white fucking cape.

as a fat guy with a beard I agreed with a lot of their points about the characterization not working

that said they can be as disgusted as they want I'm happy that I finally got a well choreographed space battle on par with the original trilogy

I find it strange they don't mention their thoughts on Krennic.

It was refreshing to see a middle-management villain having his worst day at work and getting shat on by everyone on both sides.

A lord of the shit, apparently. Whatever. As a 22 year old it brings great joy to my heart to make 45 year old film school drop-outs dance for me for my $5 monthly Patreon pledge. I wish them all the best.

I just wish he would take out his sexual frustration on poor Jessi, and not bring it into his YouTube videos.

I didn't enjoy the film that much either, but I disagree with their assessment that this film proves star wars is limited and is unable to support anything other than the tone of the original movies, I was fine with the tone, the problem was that it did nothing to make me interested in the characters and the fact the plotline just felt pretty redundant. I could have forgiven the redundancy of the plotline though if the characters had been stronger.

Cassian had orders to shoot because Rebel Alliance believed that Galen was actually with the Empire.
I thought Cassian stopped because he witnessed Galen standing in front of those innocent workers, which made Jyn's statement true. So he didn't do it just like that, he figured out the truth and made a decision.

What a coincidence a lot of 10/10 reviews amount to just fanboying about AT-ST's.

>I thought Cassian stopped because he witnessed Galen standing in front of those innocent workers

Cassian shot a whistleblower in the beginning just to escape the stormtroopers, that shouldn't have given him a second thought.

Can you please show proof?

When it should have been 38 minutes of "the editing is shit, the first 2 acts are boring as sin, the acting is terrible, it ruins the end of ANH, the script is dogshit, literally 20 minutes of the film are worth watching"
Who gives a fuck about fan service, yeah it makes the film worse but only slightly, unlike all this other shit that ruins the movie.

The movie's theme is trust. He decided to trust Jyn, so he didn't shoot Hannibal. He even says say "I decided to trust you, Jyn, just felt like saying it out loud because some not-so-intelligent moviegoers might miss on that". I thought it was a weird line to have in a movie

No I can not. I've been googeling like crazy, but no luck. From what I remember, a guy with the moniker TheStoklasa posted on some movie forum about some woman he hated. He called her a cunt, a whore, a cunt-whore, a slime-cunt, a piece of anal rape-meat, and a rape-victim punching bag rim job aparatus. He then went on to state his love for the female gender, which I thought felt
incincere at that point.

This was either followed or preceded by some pretty adamant defending of GWB's war in Afghanistan and Iraq, statingen that anyone who disagreed was a liberal degenerate coward. I'll post the screens when I find them.

Hey, speaking of degenerate, let's watch some classic RLM. In this scene, Mike jokes about raping and murdering prostitutes, random women, and children. Oh my, where does he come up with this stuff, hahaha.

>RLM give good review
Waa why does they shill normie shit?
>RLM gice bad review
Waa. why are they so contrarian?
Jesus christ stop being cry babies.

>Praise one movie for being rehashed normie pandering roastie shit
>shit on next movie for being rehashed normie pandering roastie shit

Some consistency would be good.

I don't think Half in the Bad is for proper reviews. more like impressions.

Proper review will be Plinkett Review. Can't wait for a second round of butt madness.

Disney shills are so butthurt.

I love it

Disneyfags are the new prequelfags. On the one hand, prequel defenders are rightfully dying out, on the other hand, now we gotta deal with Disneyfags.

Not sure which is worse.

I think they're too lazy to do a Plinkett for the spin off movies. Even one for episode 8 would be surprisingly considering there will probably nothing interesting to say about it. He alright dived into Disney Star wars as a concept, on a a movie by movie basis how much is there to say?

Also the last plinkett was shit anyway so who cares.

>Why wasn't there a ham-fisted, forced, unnecessary romance subplot