The Revenant

Now that the dust is starting to settle, what are your honest thoughts on this? Memes aside.

I thought it was a work of art, a next level of cinèma. some would say its kino.

Muh pelts

do you not understand those pelts are their livelihoods?

I really loved it

Shit. 1/5.

>>he's never seen Man In The Wilderness

pleb

reddit

where can i stream this with the subtitles for the native american parts, specifically that scene with the french in the woods.

i find it really fucking irritating how subtitles arent actually made PART of the film.

>Im an uneducated American

un petit pou

Most of the whites don't understand the natives' language, and the audience is following the white perspective.

>huurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaahuurr haaa ahh gaaa

ok great acting Leo you get an Oscar, just don't say anything about saving the planet

my heart broke when he was screaming for his son

and then when he met his son in his dreams

i bawled desu

Oscar bait with some nice visuals.

Leo was mediocre at best.

Only saw it because i had to watch something while eating my sushi.

4/10

1. Checked
2. Did you eat raw fish to help self insert as Leo?

in some streams the subtitles are there though, only for the non english parts. they seem to be worse quality though

im pretty sure its a vital part that we should understand

cringkino maybe. its shit, pleb

Wrong guy won the Oscar... not part of the flight plan.

atleast they can hold a sophisticated discussion about a movie rather than talking shit

really good tbqh. my favorite scene was when leo watches the bison stampede.

it inspired a moment of revelation of my own.

nice cinematography, thats about it.

Its sort of tarnished by its own hype, its a decent film, not a great one.

A simple revenge story that couldve worked quite well is muddied by the dream world shit and navel gazing

Leonardo in this film epitomizes the ~sacrificing for your art~ pretentiousness, and its hilarious because he is absolutely upstaged by tom hardy who probably didnt eat a moose's raw anus.

Overall its not a bad film, just not a great one. Leo did not deserve the oscar, that was basically a concession prize.

I love this movie but half of my friends thought it was boring. I think they just don't have the attention span for something slow paced like Revenant, or maybe I just appreciated it better because I was stoned.

It's too bad Leo won the oscar for it though, because I think some viewers miss out on how good the movie is because they're too busy wondering why Leo won an Oscar for grunting and growling. Truth is, Oscars is more about politics and star marketing than anything else and lots of people wanted Leo to win before they even saw this movie, so he won. If you can look past the Oscars bullshit, it's a badass movie.

What

did

Alejandro González Iñárritu

mean

by

this?

what did they mean by that scene?

>tfw pelt posting never took off

iirc the natives are offering pelts for horses, the french refuses calling them thieves, and then the arikara leader makes a little speech about how whites took all they had

Andrei Tarkovsky's best film.

Nah I loved it, in my top 5 GOAT

in-a-ritual confirmed satanist

beautifully shot but everything else was mediocre. apocalypto was a better movie

It sucked. The director took something that should have been intense and gritty and made it silly.

It was really good and very beautiful. Sad to think people flock to garbage like Civil War and Rogue One instead of this.

It's a movie devoid of meaning and subtlety, just like Civil War and Rogue One.

It just happened to be accompanied by good visuals.

>Leo did not deserve the oscar
Well he did if you compare his performance to the other trash nominated that year.
>Matt Damon - The Martian

how many times did he go swimming in ice water and not die

GRAAAAAAAB THE PELTS

His character is basically dead most of the movie, his drive to avenge his son being the only reason he survives long enough to see Tom Hardy die. It's not very realistic, but South American artists (see: the director) oftentimes care more about spirituality and symbolism than rationality.

so....

> was basically a concession prize

literally a concession prize

>Worse Apocalypto is a pretty good description.

7/10

The subtitles were shown in theaters, it's just whatever rip you find online doesn't always have them.