Why the fuck is Latin America a thing...

Why the fuck is Latin America a thing? Can someone please explain the logic behind grouping such divergent countries like Mexico, Brazil, Haiti, Uruguay and Peru together? Why can't we be each our own thing? Or at least actual coherent groupings?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most people separate them into North America, Caribbean, Central America, and South America though?

LOS

the name says it

latin (speaking) america (continent they're all in)

I can barely explain the different between most of those except for "this one has weed" or "this one sells cheap imported shit"

They're all 3rd world countries in similar situations with similar culture and similar people.

ESTADOS

HUNDIDOS

CHILE STRONK

Not really...Chile, Argentina and Uruguay never had an important native population while countries like Bolivia are half native, half mestizo. This means our cultures are quite different, and we also look different

Boludos just massacred indians in the pataognia

Brazilians think of themselves as Americans, on the sense of "gosh darn dirty hispanics latinos eating tacos all day fucking amerindians, you're all the same for all i care"

Mayan Republic when?

>similar culture and similar people.
>Haiti
>Black
>Uruguay
>white
>Bolivia
>indigenous
>Brazil
>mulatto

>same people
k

t. mestizo maligno
CHILE ES GUAAAAAIIIITT

Porque toda latinoamerica es la misma puerca pero torcida, ya lo dijo la DELICIA, lo único que cambia son pequeñas oraciones de "aquí tienen droga, aquí narices, aquí 31 minutos" pero realmente no es un área distinta.

Eso sí, el cono sur y lo que conformaba la gran colombia se odian por pendejos.

>race is culture

Why the fuck is European Union a thing? Can someone please explain the logic behind grouping such divergent countries like France, Lithuania, Greece, Ireland and Sweden together? Why can't we be each our own thing? Or at least actual coherent groupings?

You're right, Portugal and Vietnam are basically the same country.

>gosh darn dirty hispanics latinos eating tacos all day fucking amerindians, you're all the same for all i care
I think like that. But i don't see myself as an american lol

I agree with you senpai I only consider other mestizos and indios my people.
None of this Latino crap

Besides Venezuela, it's hard for me to mention a latinamerican country that is currently in a worst situation than Mexico, with all your corruption, drug cartels, kidnapping, violence, etc.... also: 7-0

but I included Brazil when I was talking about how similar they are

look similar enough to me (except Haiti but who cares about Haiti)
as africans look the same, asians look really similar and nordic/us/can/aus/nz people too

I just think it's simpler to classify this way.

go sleep you're drunk

I wish

Why does no one include Quebec in Latin America?

>mfw Chile is safer than the Jewish States of Murica

because it's not a country?

1. They don't consider themselves Latin American
2. They are White
3. They are part of Canada
4. They really have nothing to do with LatAm

This :3

Latinamerica is a meme created by the french, theres only hispanoamerica

It's because of the French. Back when people in Europe believed all Romance speakers were of 100% Roman origin, all Germanic speakers were Germanics and all Slavs were pure shit (so when Sup Forums and Sup Forums were the majority of the world) one French dude had the idea to say the Former colonies of Spain and Portugal should get on the side of the Romance speakers aka Latins hence he invented the name for them so that they would feel like they belonged together and fight Germany and England. The latinos really adapted the name but the effect Michel Chevalier hoped for stayed out

this only means your country went from ok to shit in only 5 years

Because all of those are shitholes with spaniards. Get it?

You now understand why people want this to stop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

And it's still not hard to find countries in a worst situation on violence alone, let alone development, which, while not being on the top 3, it's still above pretty much everyone besides Chile, Argentina and Uruguay. If you discount Venezuela from the HDI rankings.

because we are all iberian speakig

If Haiti is Latam, so Quebec should be.

Language, all they were subjects of the king of las Españas in the past

Based rey de las Espadas

We do think you're all the same but unlike Americans we don't feel superior at all

Blame Napoleon III he wanted to make a "Latin union" with all the "Roman language" influenced nations. With France on the head, of course.

It failed miserably but the name stuck it seems.

we will do it again and we will succeed this time

you want kwebek to larp as hwite by association

Some Brasilians yes, its true. But you need to remember that other big part sees hispanics like true friends.

why not Canada?

Only commies. We all know they hate each other.

he's right though, this way we could pretend we are an oppressed latino minority too and guilt trip anglos into giving us welfare

this is horse shit we are more secular than spain, japan, and germany.

based rey de las empanadas

because we're all brown spanish speaking muppets to yankis and europeans, including Brasil

well to be fair you in fact are all brown spanish speaking muppets

>empanadas
mmmmm....empanadas

We are mapudungun speaking muppets you filthy wh*te boi

We all SPIC romance languages.

I hope you won't fail.

n*gger, you mean
france is black now

>2012
it's 23.6 right now, Mexico's is like 17. Ours will be lower in no time , lad. Watch this space

23.6 is not too far off from 2011 and 2012.

Unfortunately, UNODC hasn't released more recent data; it went from 22.8 to just 13 in 2015, and then a sharp spike in the last 2 years, 18 in 2016 and now around 23.

Whoever wins the elections in the next year might actually end the fucking war. That will have to be one of the requisites to the one who wants to win.

we took it down to 23.6 from 32 though, it's not that bad. We're doing slowly but steadily. I hope it gets below 10 during my lifetime lol

Last year was 24.7 in Colombia, actually. We'll have to wait to see this year. Whatever happens in Venezuela also could change a lot in your country.

I see, I thought you were talking about Mexico with the 23.6 for some reason. Mexico was 18 last year; but this year has been the most violent ever since the war started, which means, Mexico will end this year with a murder rate that is higher than 22.8 (the previous peak of the war, in 2011), possibly around 24 (maybe even higher). Colombia, on the other hand was 24.7 last year, a clear improvement from 2012, and at that rate, you will probably end this year even lower. So, I'm pretty positive that Mexico will become officially more violent than Colombia for the first time by the end of this year, in possibly over a century, when the Mexican revolution was a thing (we are nowhere near revolution levels, tho). You are correct on that.

Hopefully, that will make our politicians to stop denying what is happening, and maybe they start doing their jobs. Now that elections are coming, this will have be in the centre of the discussion, among other things regarding our northern neighbour.

Also, this good luck with Venezuela. I'm serious.

Which latin american country is the shittiest?

fuck off and stop asking your stupid questions on anything latam-related chi fuck

Actually even with the narco we have a lower rate than the 50s and 60s

>culturally close to South Asia and Anglo countries

Countryballs which neighbor would you annex and why

>USA
Mexico
North America will finally be white

I know that, Colombia's murder rate in those times was over 80.