Southern Cali Thread

Are you guys prepared for a Big One? I've been really paranoid recently. There's been tons of tiny quakes and aftershocks after last weeks quake. I have an Earthquake kit but I'm still scared shitless. I'm moving in a year or so hopefully and so should you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8B7xr_EjbzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>1 post by this ID

Is Jefferson safe from that big ass earthquake or I should just proceed to AZ?

Where's
The
Politics

Reported

Honestly. I think all Californians on here like myself would want this to happen. Even if it meant that we would all die. It's for the greater good. A disaster wiping us off the map would be good for the rest of the country.

Yeah but you're fucked for Cascadia that's for sure.

No. I live in LA right next to the fault and am content with the destruction of this shit pit.

If by god i survive the inevitable quake, mexicans will kill me for my food, water, and guns. In the event of massive quake, you have your family, your guns, and your water. If you lack one you dont stand a chance getting a mile out in any direction without getting killed by looting spics.

In my final minutes, hours, or days of being pinned under the termite infested apartment i call home, i will rejoice that the most liberal city, with the most liberal scum, is suffering my same earthquake death.

tfw live right next to the faultline
I want to escape

I live in Palm Desert so I'm not too far off. I'm not afraid of death because the chances are low in a quake but it's going to suck ass dealing with all the bullshit.

I guess I will just head to AZ or UT.

>Are you guys prepared for a Big One?

Im ready for the Big One to dump you clowns in the ocean.

Remove Taco.

will it help trump

Obongo may use it as an excuse to institute marshal law.

i agree

did i learn wrong in science class or do small quakes not act as little stress relievers?

Always been ready for the big one, have my kit for inside my house and a trailer stocked high for shelter after the quake if shit's leveled.

I hope so. Can someone confirm this? I want a peace of mind for now.

It would take 32 magnitude 5's, 1000 magnitude 4's, OR 32,000 magnitude 3's to equal the energy of one magnitude 6 event. So, even though we always record many more small events than large ones, there are far too few to eliminate the need for the occasional large earthquake.

So "No", but, it probably delays them

Technically, yes, but it's like a rope. The pressure which causes the rope to snap is what inevitably caused the individual threads to snap first. If the plates shift and are being held still by another plate, and that plate is giving small quakes, then the pressure is being released, but it could also lead to a massive release when the tension that keeps the plates stable is removed via a smaller quake.

The reason large quakes last hours is because it's a shitfuck load of small quakes before and after.

We just had 2 magnitude 5's in a row, so, I'm sure it helped a little, but it didn't stop it is what I'm getting at.

If we have a mean series of 5's, then it'll probably delay it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8B7xr_EjbzE also, Thread theme.

I'm not even worried about it

bump

Get food, water , and guns