What did Kurt Cobain ever contribute to music besides influencing a generation of buttrockers?

What did Kurt Cobain ever contribute to music besides influencing a generation of buttrockers?

being a hot piece of spunk

He made alt rock go mainstream.

Imagine if like car seat headrest was in the top 40

i'd go gay for kirk

Well, since this thread has officially established itself as a shitpost, I guess the fair thing to do is post pic related.

What did you ever contribute to music, huh? Who the fuck are you? You miserable presumptuous no-talent.

maybe he did maybe he didnt son you gotta do the figurin out yerself the world wont be givin all the answers son

That this is put solely down to Nirvana is such retroactive thinking. Bands like The Cure and REM had already started making inroads in that regard many, many years prior.

gotta do the THINKIN thas what i think an' thas what ye shallbe thinkin...

I walked Bob Dylan up on stage, who the fuck are you?

Well you've just made a thread about him here and now, 24 years after his death, right?
NO-TALENT!!

I don't think you realize just how insanely popular nirvana was in the USA

>buttrockers
I'll never understand this. I always had "buttrock" pegged as crappy hair metal and songs about fucking (ie. "Cherry Pie"). What makes Nirvana "buttrock"? If you had to take the piss, "cuck" or some other variation therein would've been understandable.

I love when bands say they were influenced by specific popular bands and other people go "no"

Fusing power pop with noise rock.

fun music and humor and tender intelligence

A lot more than you ever will, OP.

A LOT MORE!

From my understanding he brought the aggressive and angry aspects of punk and alternative rock to mainstream America. Correct me if I'm wrong.

He made a lot of teens more interested in underground music and gave smaller band platforms using his fame for example the Meat Puppets

you're missing how fun his songs were though, and how personal and introspective at times. he was super smart. watch interviews. he actually reedited the smells like teen spirit video to what we saw, because the director didn't use the good footage. he was a genius who had a carefree attitude, cynical self-hating 90s style but wicked smart and funny.

>What did Kurt Cobain ever contribute to music besides influencing a generation of buttrockers?
But buttrock was a thing before Nirvana

Why is Nirvana/Kurt being posted so hard lately?

he's alive

Yeah that is true his music had more emotional complexity to them. But that was one aspect that wasn't as prominent in mainstream music until he came along.

also just honesty. he was open. everybody knew him through his songs. can't say that about most singers today, they're all secretive and full of shit and doing codes and sneaky dumb shit