So if the only acceptable reason for ever owning a gun is for self-defense purposes (i.e...

so if the only acceptable reason for ever owning a gun is for self-defense purposes (i.e., someone invading your home) or when your life is in imminent danger; what would be different from using a high-powered taser instead of a gun?

a gun-shot instantly disables someone only if you shoot them in the head, which means you'd have to kill them. a shot to any other part of the body doesn't guarantee instant disablement, especially shots to the arms/legs/back don't usually automatically stop someone, or let alone do anything except cause bleeding. you could say you're an expert shot and can hit a head every time (which is not true), but even then, it's putting you in a situation to have to kill someone instant of just stopping them; as far as I know robbery/home invasion/getting into a fight are not crimes punishable by death

so why not a taser? if it is high enough power, it will 100% instantly disable anyone and everyone; and 99,9% of the time it won't kill them unless they already had a heart defect. it's a win-win for everyone; you get your self-believed notion of safety, and less people die

good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X2xbLV_NSbk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique_Drill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tasers fail a lot.

tasers are one shot

what if there are two intruders?

>Tasers fail a lot.
and guns don't? you hear often about guns jamming and people getting away with their life

so then just like high quality guns, produce a higher quality taser

except when you get big nigs that have no problem shaking off some taser

guns are about leveling the playing field, it's not so one sided if some 500 pound ape wants to murder me if i have a gun

>what is skeet shooting / sport shooting?
>what is hunting?

Id sue the shit out of you for using a taser on me. It'd easier if i was black.

The huge flaw in using less than lethal force is that it opens an entire slew of avenues to be sued for damages and medical bills.

You thwart my payday of breaking into your house, and ill ruin you financialy. Lawyers work on commission, so finding a pit bull of a jew wouldn't be that hard.

>what if there are two intruders?
two tasers? maybe a taser that can somehow shoot more than once? a stun gun?

if there are two intruders if they're not idiots you're fucked with a gun or without one if they have weapons

And before you ask, criminal and civil trials are two different things. I could sue for damages, and whether i was convicted is never a factor.

when you go into someones house or physically assault someone you are forfeiting any sort of right you would have top go on living

>miss with taser
>you're boned

>one taser prong goes in, the other doesnt
>you're boned

>hes wearing a leather jacket
>you're boned

>sport shooting?
ar-15s are not used in sport shooting
again, if it's a high enough powered taser it would take anyone out. most of the videos you see people shaking off the tasers , the taser wasn't properly aimed/used and it didn't continue to release electricity, because the muscles in the human body will spasm and be unusable after enough electric shock, regardless how big you are

oh come on, in America you can legally kill someone in your house in some states, are you telling me you can't legally taser someone in your house?

>so if the only acceptable reason for ever owning a gun is for self-defense purposes (i.e., someone invading your home) or when your life is in imminent danger

You started on the wrong premise, your argument fails from the start. Sage

?

are you insane

because get drunk and punch each other all the time all over the fucking world, women and men and men and women and children too, this happens everywhere

are you saying fighting with someone is a crime punishable by death?

are you saying thievery is a crime punishable by death? you're worse than saudi arabia because not even they punish thievery with death

What is spectrum of force?
I look at is less like "why don't you just do this instead of that?" and more like take every option available and use the most appropriate for each situation.

You have no idea what the first amendment is.

>so if the only acceptable reason
Negative rights are rights without criterion. There is no reason.

Tasers can't even compare to a gun.

Gun can kill taser can not. If the perp is trying to kill you and all you can do is mildly inconvenience him or them you're going to have a bad time.

Have you ever been shot? It's not like the movies you don't just take a bullet and keep coming. That shit will fuck your day up. Unless the guy(s) are also armed with guns you pretty are coming out on top in most scenarios where you shoot them first. If they have a gun and you have a taser you're fucked if either it's ineffective or if there's more than one guy.

It would be open season if criminals thought the worst thing that was awaiting them was a stun gun.

How do you know they just want to rob you?

you missed the whole point

a taser doesn't mildly inconvenience someone, it completely disables them

i.e., in most cases it will be the same exact thing as shooting someone right through the brain

except they don't have to die with a taser, but the same desired effect is acquired

Grown men kill with their bare hands all the time. It's not difficult. And if they don't kill, they maim. The notion that fighting with fists is safer than intimidating violence away with a firearm is baseless.
But I am interested in your horror at the very idea of self defense. It is clear that you are thinking in public health terms, of limiting foreseeable harm. That's not how it works. Boundaries bring respect. Somebody's getting hurt, and, in a civilized country, it's the guy who crossed the boundary; in Mexico or such places, it's the guy who depended on that boundary.
Watch In Search Of The Second Amendment for free on Youtube.

Oh, you can taser them, but ending their life is a definite solution.

The problem is that a perp can make up any sad sob story they want. "I-i-i was lost and stumbled into your house, and you hurt me! Give me money! Leftists, PLEASE CALL THIS GUY RACIST! BLM, i need your help!"
You think they give a shit? You're delusional.
Its literally safer for the police to come, look at a crime scene, and say "yup, he broke in and you acted in self defense."
Civil suits are a bitch.

tasers can't fight an illegitimate government

How many people do you think you can tase at once?

so you actually think killing someone is a better idea for financial reasons because you can't pay a lawyer and win the case?

if you're so poor that you cannot afford a lawyer, why are you worried about being robbed/spending money on a gun anyways?

You're trying way too hard to split up the subject.
The second amendment is a right, not a privilege.
If you can't comprehend that, please leave.
One of the many reasons this nation hasn't been violently and sucessfully invaded is because of the knowledge that every citizen and their grandma owns a gun, maybe more than just one. No standing army can go up against that.
This is hilarious considering our men and women protect your country from your neighbor. With what, shovels? No, guns. The men protecting your country have guns.
Get out.
sage

completely disables them until the gun runs out of charge, then they are completely fine as soon as the shocking subsides and ready to cave your head in

How can I use a taser to storm DC and kill a bunch of corrupt politicians?

If tazers are so omnipotent and reliable like you say they are, why don't beat cops use them and have armed cops as a backup unit?

so just because it's an amendment, means the logical merits of it cannot be argued or rationalized? did you know that the amendment was written well over 200 years ago? did you know in the 1700s and 1800s ar-15s didn't exist? did you know that those were not the same times as today?

you are aware, it's 2016, right?

because america is not socially civilized

that's how it is in civilized countries; street patrol cops do not carry guns in most of asia and scandinavia, only special/back up units have a gun, and they tend not to use it

Money? Oh no, my friend. Its justice. You break into my home, and you deserve to die for your offence.
To see them rolling around, being happy from my dollar would hurt me more than anything they could do to my family. My response to their life choices will come to them at muzzle velocity.

Now you dun it

You can't but you can use it to taze Korean tourists and rape their boipussi

So are you willing to let a citizen defend themselves in a society you just admitted is dangerous? Or should they kow tow to those able to exert more force over them like the good Asians so clearly show us?

>You break into my home, and you deserve to die for your offence.

lol

i honestly can't tell if you're being edgy or you're seriously that fucked up

breaking into someone's house is a pretty serious crime and it carries jail sentences, but death?

are you telling me you never did a crime in your life? never stole anything? never paid the correct amount of taxes you owe? never got a speeding ticket?

what if i told you the proper punishment for all of those is fucking DEATH

>Home gets broken into
>Grab taser and run at intruder
>Get shot

>Korea

Pay for bases.

You know why cops use guns instead of tasers? Because guns work.

>you hear often about guns jamming

No, you don't actually...

Get fucked proxyjew.

youtube.com/watch?v=X2xbLV_NSbk

defending themselves with non-lethal weapons, sure, that's fine

but why do you have to go batshit gun mode?

apples and oranges bro, don't compare cheating your taxes to someone breaking into your home while your wife and children are there and the intruder wants your money or your life

if ignorance is bliss, you must be in fucking nirvana.

i'm comparing it in the sense that neither are crimes punishable by death ; yet for one of them you want to force the punishment of death upon someone for that crime

how is that different? to the government, not paying your taxes is a big deal; they need that money to keep the country running

so what if they just decide to kill a few hundred people not paying their taxes to set an example

you would go ape-shit crazy and try to start a revolution (and get shut down immediately), right?

12 post by this guy. You are a little keyboard commando, are not you? kiddo.

dude if people break into your home they are liable to kill you, or worse, tie you up, rape your family for hours, and maybe slaughter you afterwards

>j-just taze them

ok m8 when 3 dudes break into your house id like to see you take down all three of them with a little tazer

Because in the defense of my castle (english common law) I should not be limited in the method of its defense, full stop. I do not have some gundam sensor able to scan an intruder for his potential weapons, physical strength and intentions upon him breaking down my door or through my window.

yeah man, if 250 body builders invaded your 150sq meter home using a taser to stop them might be hard, i agree

my only point is that a taser would stop the average person in the same way as a gun; if not, better

yet a gun is lethal but a taser isn't

If you ever visit my country, remember my posts. If you want to invade a home, you'll be wiser about picking your targets.
Nigs will do what nigs do, but they know the score here. They'll see the big NRA sign in my yard. They're preditors, and they hunt the easiest target. Sort of like bees, being bright yellow, i do everything i can to present myself as a bad target.
If they try anyway, then they accept the conciquences. I personally will sleep like a baby.

cuando el gobierno trata de matar su ciudadanos y los ciudadanos necesita se defende, un taser es inefectivo contra el gobierno

>50sq meter home

lol dude an average house in america is about 1000 sq meters

3 grown men is what you'd expect for a home invasion crew.

there are almost never a single person invading a house alone, they come in groups of 2-3 usually. a tazer is not gonna do shit, unless maybe you keep two by your side at all times and can taze 2-3 people perfect in 5 seconds

believe you me, if i was ever desperate enough to rob a home, i would not give a single fuck about the chances of the home-owner having a gun or not; and i'd probably have one myself

and that's probably how people who rob homes think

they don't give a fuck, it's not like they got anything to lose

but, after millions of years of evolution, and a galaxy 14 billions years old, and thousands+thousands of years of technological improvements, and space travel within our galaxy; the best solution you can come up with is

shoot the nigger

you are not as intelligent as you think you are

i don't think you know what meters are

150sq meters is almost 2000sq feet

*shoot the nigger before he shoots you

oh word

the rich houses in my neighborhood are about 500 sq meters

anyway dude, nobody is going to invade a house by themselves. its going to be at least 2 people

ill respond further but one question first.Do you think it is reasonable for the robber to surmise that breaking into someones home is a risky and possibly deadly undertaking?

It is morally justified to use lethal force against unprovoked violence. Someone who uses unprovoked violence should be killed to prevent them from attacking yet another person. If you disagree, it logically follows that you support unprovoked violence.

are you retarded? if somebody breaks into your home, its a death sentence for them.

shit though now i know which country to tell nigs to rape and rob in. tell me what you do irl

>youre sleeping at night with your wife
>your two daughters, 7 and 13, are sleeping in their rooms
>a bump in the night wakes you up. you hear footsteps downstops

wat do

>within 15 seconds you hear them at your door

wat do

>SLAM! SLAM! DOOSH! the door breaks open, two niggers run in and attack you

wat do

Thats where you're wrong, because id confiscate the last thing they have.
If they're life is worth my material possessions, or maybe the rush of doing something awful to someone i give a shit about then id be happy to trade their life for it.

They could just not break the law, but maybe im asking for too much.

Let's just disarm all the cops and give them tasers then.

why are you so fucking paranoid? jesus christ you can use other shit besides a gun and be absolutely fine

korean supreme court just had a ruling recently; there was a home invasion in korea and the person whose home was invaded beat the invader to death; the home owner was sentenced to jail

to me, that's a rational law. some unarmed non-violent guy wanted to rob a house because he was poor; and the punishment was death? there is no fucking logic in those kind of things to me, you materialistic greedy fucks

and honestly ; if you value the shit in your house so much to the point of homicide, you're certainly not a wealthy individual, since anybody rich can just replace all the materialistic shit in their house within a day

focus on learning a trade/business and how to make money instead of protecting the little shit you already have

CNS shots are the only thing that will cause instant incapacitation, but shots to the torso striking major blood vessels or blood bearing organs cause very, very rapid incapacitation. In a matter of minutes the attacker will die, but before you die you black out, and before that most people collapse in pain or just shock, (i.e. psychological incapacitation). There have been plenty of cases of people continuing to fight though even after being shot multiple times, whether from drugs or just willpower. The only thing that can guarantee to stop an attacker is CNS destruction or bleed out.

A taser can only cause psychological incapacitation, they are absolutely not 100% foolproof. Plenty have people have shaken them off for the same reason they can take the pain of multiple gunshots.

There's a reason why police carry guns and not just tasers.

i think that would be a great idea; but at the same time you'd also have to disarm civilians

>are you saying thievery is a crime punishable by death?
Yes, it should

hey you faggot gook, answer my question:

>ar-15s are not used in sport shooting
There are shooting sports where ARs are probably used by 90% or more of the competitors.

believe it or not but getting shot is not actually painful at the moment, it's nearly not feelable due to the amount of adrenaline rushing through you

a taser actually fucks your muscles, it's not psychological, it's physically your muscles get fucked up and spasm and can't be used

don't raise your family in nigeria? taser them? tell your wife to call the police?

idk not that difficult

>believe it or not but getting shot is not actually painful at the moment, it's nearly not feelable due to the amount of adrenaline rushing through you
Yeah I'm going to believe some random jackass that isn't a doctor. I guess the entire study of wound ballistics is wrong then for documenting psychological incapacitation.

But that's wrong, the reliability or lack thereof is dependant on operator skill and how complex the weapon is. The tazer being more complex in both use and technology puts it at a disadvantage.

Why should I risk my life attempting to restrain an individual nonlethaly when he already shows a lack of respect for my livelyhood. How can I expect him to respect my life as well

yeah ok shill bullshit.
if you think its ok for others to take your shit and possibly beat the fuck out of you can i come to your house and have all your valuables and car?
afterwards because you showed incredible weakness i m going to make u suck my cock and take it up the ass and then beat u senseless with a bat.
im just poor man and in my poorness it created a rape mentality it was temporary insanity.Your courts found me not guilty and im living in a decent house from the shit i pawned from you.
thanks man!and no hard feelings on u not swallowing every drop of my cum.
ill let it slide.

You said it yourself, in some states.

Those states that enforce Castle Doctrine have no problem with any weapon being used.

In the states that have tort laws, better off just letting the guy kill you than even thinking of retaliating.

cool proxy faggot

>>gook is sleeping at night with his wife
>>good's two daughters, 7 and 13, are sleeping in their rooms
>>a bump in the night wakes you up. gook hears footsteps downstops

>gook considers moving

>>within 15 seconds gook hears them at his door
>gook grabs the tazer on his bedside

>>SLAM! SLAM! DOOSH! the door breaks open, two niggers run in and attacks the gook
>he fires the tazer and hits one, one nigger is down for a minute, the other nigga punches gook in the face, throws him onto the ground

>gook shouts to his wife to call the police
>other nigs is back up now and ornery, beats gook near to death
>ties him up, takes his valuables, rapes his wife, the other nig downstairs comes up, 3 nigs gangrape the daughters, 15 minutes later police arrive mid-rape, nigs freak out, murder daughters, run away, are later gunned down by police

>gook is very happy that he didnt need to shoot anybody

>High powered taser
Well it would hurt a lot more before killing the intruder. It's also less accurate, shorter range, only can fire once, less reliable, and is very temporary if you don't hold it down long enough.

tasersdon't work through thick clothing.
if the things don't insert properly then nothing will happen.
tasers are single-use til you take the time to prepare it again, i.e. you need two tasers for two assailants

tasers don't always disable the person.

guns make people scared; if you fire a warning shot most home invaders will leg it
tasers do fuck all

shooting in the stomach will disable them enough to let you run to safety/disarm them and keep them secure til cops come round

yeah Felon is real man.great movie but i will never let a societal whim or fad eliminate my natural human reaction to protect myself from violence.

ok bro, story time

when i was a student living in shitty dorms in a shittier part of seoul, our house got robbed. our dorms, the building, had no kind of entry doorway, so anybody could just go up to the rooms and if the rooms are not locked anybody from the street could just walk into your room, and most of us didn't lock our room, robberies don't really happen often

i came back early from school and as i was opening the door to my small room i heard rummaging inside and saw the guy in my room

the guy tried to run, i made a huge scene, everyone else from the house came out of their rooms, we tackled him and sat on him until the police came

i didn't fucking shoot him in the head (and wouldn't have, even if i had a gun), because i'm not a piece of shit

so if that guy had a knife, how would you defend yourself?

and where is this?the dorm in question?

>so if that guy had a knife, how would you defend yourself?

he wouldn't because he's a weak midget with a microdick. may as well ask a woman to defend herself

>Batteries can fail at the worst time.
>Fluid can spoil (pepper spray).
>Short range.
>Ineffective against multiple assailants.
>Can be out-maneuvered much more easily than a gun can.
>Ineffective against an intoxicated or mentally unstable subject.

wheres the dorm?
proxinator?

Yeah, but in a state where you have tort laws you better kill the fucker or he'll sue you for everything you own because "I got lost" or "I thought it was my house"

How do I defend myself from a tyrannical government with a taser?

>The intruder ran and we tackled him.
How life-threatening.
>I wouldn't fucking shoot him in the head because i'm not a piece of shit.
Moralfag detected.

There are literally like 5 videos that get posted here regularly showing a dude fighting off 2 robbers with a gun. Even when the robbers are both holding guns.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

you korean are such fucking cucks, i took a taser to the gut and still swung on te fuckin pig

anyway u are talking a sheltered enviornment -college campus-if in the us but if in korea you dont have multicultral crime like we do.niggers are armed.so are spicks.then add fuckin drugs.
you ever seen someone on PCP?
ask a southeast dc emt what his scariest day was and hell say yesterday.
motherfuckers put their own kids in microwaves because they think its the chicken nuggets and ur gonna tell me that those fucks wont kill u if they break into ur house?
ur trying to compare niggers and oranges.

do tasers work on thick clothing? on youtube videos theyre always shooting them at people with t shirts.

regardless, in most countries where buying a gun is illegal buying a taser is illegal as well.

I have been tased twice. Once by being shot and once by having the ends attached to the outside of military boots on both feet. They worked both ways. So take that as you will.

Buzz,buzz,buzz.
>I'll take regurgitated taking points for $800 Alex.

> in most countries where buying a gun is illegal buying a taser is illegal as well.

And pepper spray.

>mfw reading the article about a German woman who pepper-sprayed a rapist, and was arrested for assault

>it will 100% instantly disable anyone and everyone
no.

As an Australian I've never, ever once felt the need to own a gun at all. Sure they're cool and that but what kind of society would you have to live in in order for you to feel the need to want a gun to protect yourself. There should be more restrictions on what types of gun any person can buy - I.E A 9mm is literally enough to defend yourself, unless you hunt or a professional shooter you shouldn't be able to buy rifles or any 2 handed weapons imo. If you wanted to, you'd have to be a part of some club or have a genuinely good reason to have a AR-15 other than - I wanna protect myself, because its not made for protecting. ASSAULT Rifle.

So I reckon' America should do something around those lines, fucking fix their nigger and muslim problem and then we'll see some change.

Ever heard of the "Djibouti Shooty?"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique_Drill

you can still shoot him in the legs, belly. Anywhere that isn't totally lethal. Once they are incapable, you may give them first aid.

guns work in more situations than tasers.

i talking you from a country where a lot of criminals have guns. some of them have even better guns than what a civilian can get

tell me what would you do in those kinds of situations. houses tend to be assaulted by more than 1 person. hell, there might be a third one outside.

tell me why we should be worse in defensive and offensive capabilities than a criminal that doesn't care about at least one law or rule in the area, and it might not care about your life, maybe even less of you feelings.