Is there one recent sci fi movie which doesn't fall flat at the end?

Is there one recent sci fi movie which doesn't fall flat at the end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mXjEIe15V7k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Walter Hill's Supernova

What's recent for you?

Inception

post 2000 I guess

Donnie Darko

You posted it. Also Timecrimes is fun.

>ayy lmao writing lets you see the future
come on now...

It's obviously fantastic, but an interesting concept, with some basis in linguistic reality and the rest in well executed fiction.

You posted it.
Arrival was playful as fuck. Talking about an intellectual paradigm shift. A fundamental change in the nature of man, stepping from third dimensional beings to fourth dimensional beings.

Breaking down the walls of individualism into the next step as a species, a level of unity that will jumpstart us into an unimaginable world.

Pretty fun and not too serious a thesis.

Moon

Wait, are those two different cities with exactly the same tower on the bottom right? What?

This movie turned out so corny and cheesy at the end with the chinese phonecall and the daughter stuff

What do you consider a satisfying alien sci-fi ending?

Those are called "emotions", user.

Well anything about love, familial or romantic, triggers me ok

>ayy women are selfish and evil breaking news
Yeah, no

this user gets it.
you plebs.

If you mean picrelated you should really consider suicide because you're a pleb and you're impervious to emotional and intellectual stimulus

>he didn't get it

There are non-corny ways of conveying emotions, you know? not everything has to be a mexican soap opera

"she" wasn't a woman you fucking retarded autismo
it was a machine.

Imlying this one did? This movie was amazing

>He didn't read the short story the movie was based on

Maybe then you would understand that it doesn't "fall flat" at the end.

>robot
>woman

The right image is Hong Kong, but with the Oriental Pearl Tower (which is in Shanghai) photoshopped in. I assume the left picture is an actual shot of Shanghai.

Pandorum is "recent", it was the last genuinely good one I saw. Nolan can go fuck himself.

>Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Hong Kong
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Jurassic park

machines are human
youtube.com/watch?v=mXjEIe15V7k

Pandorum

>she

10 cloverfield lane

fourth kind

Great movie user.

Loved the story and the device plot.

this

I wish it was just a movie about trying to communicate with the aliens and the obstacles that came it

m8, Nathan literally spelled Ava out for Caleb (i.e. the audience insert) and you still didn't get it? Neck yourself.

>which doesn't fall flat at the end?

Best thing the editors could've done is scrap the last 10 minutes altogether and cut to credits with Michelle standing on top of the car.