My college placement test results. I'm re-doing math tomorrow

My college placement test results. I'm re-doing math tomorrow

Why are some people good at math, while others aren't? What does it take to be good at mat? Just lots of studying? My ADD makes it a bit more of a challenge to do so

For a variety of reasons I consider myself a smart guy - why is my math so low?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Introduction-Mathematical-Reasoning-Numbers-Functions/dp/0521597188
amazon.com/Course-Pure-Mathematics-G-Hardy/dp/1603860495
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1 bost by thes ib

Underage b&
Reported and saged
To answer your question, you have inferior genes

>shit genes

what's the point on living then?

how bad are the drugs you take affecting you?
dont listen to the shitstains that over look this point.

you have to realize that math is just like any other area of study, you HAVE to do the problems multiple times.

Have you ever read brave new world? Your genes aren't bad, just inferior to alpha genes. You were meant for blue collar work. Now go out there and make your country proud.
I mean it.

to much memorization is bad.

the problem is that high school math does not emphasis theory and instead emphasises rote memorization to get by.

but I don't want to do blue collared work

fuck that

>PRE-ALGEBRA

Seriously dude?

Most likely it's because you don't have good notes, and math books are autistic as fuck to explain

Watch some videos on the internet, there are classes uploaded

The problem is you never know what's going to be on the placement test you get and there's a shit load of formulas that essentially are what is vital. Literally just study the formulas and memorize them instead of spending tons of time practicing problems and you should do Ok. Once the formula is known it's pretty easy to plug in everything else.

What formula is there to know in pre-algebra? kek

dude, you honestly might have autism, if you can't even get past a 6th grade class in college testing

Then go on khan academy and do the mastery challenges and learn the shit. Fuck, do you really need to tell an anime image board your problems? Maybe that's your issue. Solving your own problems without anyone else's help.
Once you're even old enough to be on this website go to /r9k/. This board is for political discussion. If you end up developing half a brain go to /sci/ because all they talk about it standardized test scores.

IQ. You either have it or you don't.

>Pre-Algebra...

What was your ACT/SAT on mathematics? And typically, math is difficult to teach because it requires either working well with abstracts and theory, which people fucking dispense, or brute force memorization which is forgotten in a week.

I'd suggest reading
amazon.com/Introduction-Mathematical-Reasoning-Numbers-Functions/dp/0521597188

Then once you feel more comfortable with the basis of algebra

amazon.com/Course-Pure-Mathematics-G-Hardy/dp/1603860495

Books are useless

He's better off with Khan Academy

i was actually complete fucking garbage at math when i entered college. i had c in pre algebra before a final and missed the final exam. i actually got my grandfather to help me a lot and i ended up with a B in pre, B in college, A in precalculus, and a A in trig.

Get somebody to help you with it. Like a fucking tutor because it really pays off. And these classes aren't even as hard as accounting classes.

Honestly? This is both true, and not true. Mathematics and music are intensely pattern based, and are really the only real subjects a person can be a prodigy in.

The problem is, you can also have a savant as much as a prodigy. People with low IQ's can be good at math. It's just rather difficult.

That can't be, because anybody tjatd converse with me would pick up on my intellect. I refuse to believe that your skill in math is what makes or breaks your perceived intelligence

The reason is that you do not have very many fast-twitch brain fibers. You have mostly slow-twitch like a woman. They are only good for plotting and setting a man-trap.