Great record and all, but why is it considered their best...

Great record and all, but why is it considered their best? The contrast between the quality of studio tracks versus the obviously live ones makes for a weird dynamic, not necessarily good one either.
The live songs are awesome songs that I love, but they should had done them justice and granted them studio recorded versions. General Fugazi thread, I guess. Great band

>straight edge punk

>Implying it’s not the best

Fugazi aren't straight edge punk. Yes, Ian Mackaye started the straight edge hardcore stuff,
and the bandmembers are straight edge, but it's not straight edge punk

Fugazi is literally buttrock for bald guys who aren't afraid to cry.
The worst fucking meme I ever fell for. Fuck anybody who likes this.

Them not doing drugs and Ian being connected with the movement doesn't make Fugazi a straight edge band. Their lyrics have none of that.

Fugazi are good.

You have no idea what buttrock is, friend
You think any classic rock is dadrock too, hm?

Why can't insufferable faggots such as yourself realise that when you call everything you don't like buttrock the phrase becomes a redundant cliche?

What do you mean by live tracks? Did they really use recordings from concerts in this album? Which songs were recorded live?

You can tell if you listened to the album. There are recordings from concerts in the mix, yeah.

in on the kill taker and the argument are the bes

DUDE

punk RHCP

Who considers this their best? Its entry level I guess (which describes albums discussed on this gay ass board to a T) but rarely have I heard fans call it their best. My personal fave is Steady Diet of Nothing. Fun fact: I actually like Repeater the least in the discograph.

this

>The band once again chose to work with both Don Zientara and Ted Niceley as they had previously, and entered Inner Ear Studios in July 1989 to begin the recording process. The group was only able to record with Nicely present between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. because Nicely was splitting his time between the studio and culinary school. Recording for the album was completed in September 1989.[3

Maybe you’re confusing it with “live in the studio” style recordings

Most consistent I guess. Also best choruses.

There aren't any live version on that album.

Probably because it came first. I love it but I'd rank Kill Taker and Red Medicine above it

>why is it considered their best
it's not, none of their albums is
it varies from person to person

Tf are you talking about? Did you download some fan version with live shit spliced in?

End Hits is underrated
Absolutely right.

I'm stupid, I always considered 13 songs their debut, but it's more-so a compilation, huh. Now it makes sense.
Merchandise for example?

>Merchandise
what about it? it sounds the same as the other songs

>The contrast between the quality of studio tracks versus the obviously live ones

what

I think people streaming it have this issue

steady diet of nothing is my jam senpai, but I think their best is The Argument

t. crying baldies

I bumped this thread from page 10 just to call you a retard

Just want to say I fucking love Fugazi and The Argument is amazing.
Thanks

The Argument is their best record and Epic Problem is their best song

I told you RHCP had similarities to Fugazi! Especially in By the Way!

I first listened to them because Flea said they were good

Best choruses is End Hits.

RIGHT?

I love all of their work, including the Instrument Soundtrack and I've never seen the movie.
My ranking of the albums seems to change frequently. I once held Repeater and Steady Diet at the highest, but now I'm leaning more toward Red Medicine and End Hits as their best.
In On the Kill Taker is fantastic and The Argument is their most matured record.