/nba/ General: ANGRY BLACK MAN EDITION

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/895378559258300416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It works

>We need a point guard
>Lets get a PF who chocked in the playoffs and a back up SG who's inferior to our starter
hmmmm

Why the fuck would the Cavs trade for LMA

They already have 1 power forward they can't play against the Warriors

Never said it was in Cleveland's favor

>t. Spur who wants to get rid of LMA. Plz someone take him ;_;

>Wanting a no defence PG and a trash PF

/nba/ General: FAKE ISRAELI LEAGUE EDITION
better get busy shill...you've got 300 posts to write.

It's just really bad to pay power forwards in the league right now I think. Unless you're an elite defender, or a scorer on the level of prime Dirk, a traditional power forward is not worth the money. It's really hard to keep those guys on the court in the playoffs and there's also approximately a million players at the position currently who can provide minutes at a low cost, or a bunch of small forwards who you can just jam at the 4. Paying money to guys like LMA and Love is a huge, huge, huge, huge mistake. It's basically sabotaging your whole team. Ryan Anderson, same thing.

That includes Blake as well, by the way. That's an absolutely terrible contract. I don't think the Clippers were going to be true contenders regardless once CP3 left, but there's basically no way he earns that contract imo.

>thinking that's worse than LMA

As a Suns fag I would be totally cool with this trade if the Spurs and Cavs both threw in their 2018 first round pick. I have absolutely no interest in Aldridge so it would basically be losing Chandler/Bledsoe and getting 3 late first round young roleplayers, which sounds good to me.

Spurs fans, we'll give you Enes Kanter for LMA straight up.

Deal?

>both have 2 years left on their deal
>both are useless on defense but at least Kanter can score in the post and rebound while LMA is scared to go low on guys and just jacks up shots and can't rebound
>and Kanter has less money on his deal and opens up 3 million in cape space

I don't see why not.

That would probably be a good deal for both teams.

this doesn't seem completely crazy tbqh

I mean, even for all of LMA's flaws, you really cannot have Enes Kanter on the court in the playoffs at all ever

probably a better locker room presence though so I guess there's that

Kanter has played 78 minutes total over OKC's last 9 playoff games

pops could fix enes tho

>It's almost like individual stats don't matter much in a team sport.. Unless you're seriously going to brood in all your stupidity and try to argue that Lebron James would rather average a triple-double in the finals over actually winning the finals? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Since NZ seemed to have given up, just wanna point out that that wasn't the original argument. However, I'll admit that cherrypicking may have gone into just looking at 4Q scoring for just this season instead of all three.

OKC's last games were against the Rockets and GSW so that's not a good example since they're just a bad matchup. Did okay against the Mavs and was huge against the Spurs, especially playing with Adams to match LMA/Diaw/West and Duncan.

NBA announced that two games will be played in Mexico City during Dec. 7th and Dec. 9th.

OKC vs. BKN
BKN vs MIA

It's a question of what you're trying to measure

if you're trying to talk about how good a team is, obviously individual statistics don't matter much. if you're trying to talk meaningfully about how good an individual player is, you need to try to isolate the individual contributions from the rest of the team and identify what they do on the basketball court and how they affeted the game as individuals.

So unless you're saying that we just shouldn't care about individual players' contributions at all, and should only judge team accomplishments, you sort of have to care about individual stats. There's no universe where you can evaluate individual players based on team accomplishments. It just doesn't make any sense.

LMA will stay for this season at least. currently thinking he'll want to opt in for next season too.

/nba/ is mad ahhahahhaha

I mean. If he's only bad against the Rockets and the Warriors, that seems like a really bad sign in terms of his ability and value as a player, especially on a team like the Spurs that's trying to win a championship

Like, if you're trying to win a championship right now, isn't the whole point that you want to have lineups that can compete against the Warriors

Oh, you know, he's good against the fucking Pelicans, though, so that's cool

Why would you ever spend significant amounts of cap space or assets on a player who is shitty against the Warriors if you're trying to win a title in the next 5 years

And really it's not just the Warriors, it's inevitably going to be the direction the whole league is trending

Damn, can reddit please leave this place alone? For just one day?
I mean damn.

New thunder jerseys revealed

why they got the Magic The Gathering logo on them

Hello /nba/ I'm revealing my new look here first

Doug McDermott and Jerami Grant are going to have their contracts expire next off season, with Doug being a RFA and Grant being a URFA.

Should OKC keep them or trade them this season? Who could they trade them for?

>not Real Madrid
Into the trash it goes.jpeg

Those are the 2 best teams in the West so that isn't good.

Wow that Mexican guy looks so gross and greasy take a shower ffs

Get rid of them and draft some more players who they will get rid of when they finally get good like always

This shit better be photoshopped

h-how handsome...

>Teodosic
>Beverley/Williams
>Gallinari
>Griffin
>Jordan

this is a way better squad than last years

Kobe isn't even top 25

mobile.twitter.com/Enes_Kanter/status/895378559258300416

>Clipanada is still alive
Holy shit, how have you not killed yourself after Pail left and the ultimate cloppening occurred in the playoffs?

all depends how good Teodosic is

Who says no?

Wizards would've took it to game 6-7 in the finals.
Why do people complain about "super team" when in reality, Cavs were just shit? Their transition D was atrocious and on the defensive end it looked like they were confused as fuck.
Cavs are shit. Kyrie should leave.

There's really nothing that either the Spurs or Cavs can do realistically, the Warriors are just too stacked.
>Cavs roster of Bledsoe, Smith, LeBron, Love, Chandler
Still gets swept in 5
>Spurs roster of Irving, Green, Kawhi, Frye, Gasol
Still gets swept

The next 3 years of the NBA are solidified unless the Warriors suffer a major injury.

>Nikola Mirotic is still a FA
>not even on a minimum deal

I mean he was bad but damn he's still got potential coming off the bench for 10 minutes.

Why is Lamelo so autistic?

They need to add wing defenders. That's all they really need to do in order to give themselves at least an outside chance of winning. IMO if the Cavs had pulled off one of those rumored 3-team trades where they had traded Irving for Bledsoe + Paul George, or something along those lines, that lineup would have stood a much better chance. But they didn't, and they've consistently failed to do anything to remedy their clear and glaring deficiencies in wing defense. Both them and the Spurs are making the same fundamental error: they're devoting a ton of cap space to power forwards who are awful against the Warriors.

Like, the Warriors are really good, obviously, but it's not really hard to figure out what you need to do to beat them. You need an elite offensive point guard, and you need a million good, long, two-way wing players who can switch everything. The Warriors will still probably be favored because they're fucking good as shit but the basic strategy isn't really earth-shattering or everything. And yeah, it's hard to get those guys, but the Cavs and Spurs have barely tried. It's the weirdest fucking thing in the world.

Like FFS the Cavs roster you have there is still playing Kevin Love and still relying on JR Smith to play good wing defense. Fucking of course they're going to lose to the Warriors.

He wasn't even bad last year. He's really underrated. He's a better defender and more mobile than people think, and IMO he's as good a shooter as a guy like Ryan Anderson.

There's just too many PFs in the league.

isnt kawhi good at defending KD ?

Theoretically but you're not going to have a good defense when your lineup includes Kyrie, Channing Frye, and current-day Pau Gasol

you're just not

Ye but they're probably stuck with Love because of that exact reason. Just like the Spurs would be guaranteed stuck with Aldridge if it wasn't for this miraculous Kyrie fiasco. The teams that have good wing players are not willing to give them up for old school PF stars.

I miss harry...

next season we'll be back even stronger

lebron's sons

>This is Steven Adams without his beard

How do you stop Sam Presti from making his team so FABULOUS?

Literally hanging out with ALL the hottest dudes.

I don't think there's a more handsome team on earth than the Thunder right now.

Why are Australian and new zealanders such ameriboos? Literally mimic us in every way

The NBA's biggest joke of a franchise.

Was there a worse or scarier NBA injury than Shaun Livingston's?

>inb4 Curry bumping his head

>Not realizing that New Zealand, Australia, and USA are all former prison colonies.
>All three have grown used to nature trying to kill us.
>Australia has animal life and massive spiders to deal with, they get gud.
>New Zealand has to deal with earthquakes and volcanoes, they get gud.
>USA has to deal with tornadoes to the center, hurricanes to the south, earthquakes and fires to the west, and blizzards to the north, we get gud.

better than 75% of the american teams lmfao

Rudy Tomjanovich getting rocked by Kermit Washington

LeGod should just move to the Rockets

>LeBron should just move to a shit team with even less of a chance of winning than the Cavs
Damn...

>D'Angelo Russell is forced to change his Twitter background photo of him next to Kobe as to no longer be associated with the LA Lakers

>WAAN PUNNNNNNNCH

>implying CP3 and Harden aren't better than Kyrie and KLove

They 3 together add up to a usage rate of probably 100%. What the fuck does everyone else do?

Also forgot to mention that that'll probably take the cake for me. Thanks.

play defense and shoot 3s

If you played 2k17 on ps4 or xbox 1 then you would know that one of the biggest problems were the bodies... You had giannis curry hayward and durant all have the same body with hands that looked like sticks... Also if you made a player you could choose between slim and ripped and there was 0 difference.. Also mycareer didn't have enough hairstyles and beard styles... They also need to update the parks... I don't really care about graphics cause they are already very realistic.. And finally the biggest problem is the 2k sim engine.. You had things like cavs getting eliminated in the 1st round by the pistons and the warriors with curry klay and draymond not even making the playoffs

>implying being in the west, on a team below the WArriors, with a 32 year old Choke Paul and Har_en with a bunch of shitty role players and one dimensional offense with no defense can being the Warriors when the Cavs do the exact same shit the Rockets did last year but better plus being in the East

He's better off with the Celtics and Spurs, even OKC because Paul George at PF can actually guard KD, add LeBron and they have the perfect wing defense to beat the Warriors.

>play defense
>Rockets

Which team would win

Team 1
Pg.Stephen Curry
Sg.Michael Jordan
Sf.LeBron James
Pf.Dirk Nowitzki
C.Dennis Rodman

Team 2
Pg.Magic Johnson
Sg.Allen Iverson
Sf.Larry Bird
Pf.Tim Duncan
C.Shaquille O'Neil

Team 1 and it wouldn't be close.

For those of us who play hall of fame
The MAIN thing 2k18 needs to fix from 2k17

Might be the worst defensive team in the league

Rare Photo of LeBron and his daddy.

These niggas need moisturizer.

the one thing that gives me pause about team 1 is that they don't really have anyone who can even pretend to guard Shaq

I think they're still better though

DJ and PBev might drag them up to defensive mediocrity

Who's the best Jew bball star ever? Jordan, don't even think of @'ing me. Niggas a 5%er and a Black Israelite.

>DJ
>Good defender

ha ha

>Implying you need to guard Shaq
2004 finals

Allen Iverson makes team 2 so much fucking worse. 4 top 10 players all time and then a shitty chucker to ensure they don't ever see the ball.

he's probably the 4th best defensive center in the league

Accurate? on Sup Forums? What universe is this?

Can we stop doing top 10 players lists at some point? The only reason anyone even does them is to piss people off with whatever they say about either Kobe or Lebron

>4 top 10 players all time and then a shitty chucker to ensure they don't ever see the ball.

Let's replace him with Kobe then... Oh wait.

why was this list deleted? cause it was right?

Top 9 players:

1) Lebron
2) Bill Russell
3) Wilt Chamberlain
4) Kareem Abdul-Jabar
5) Hakeem Olajuwan
6) Steph Curry
7) Michael Jordan
8) Larry Bird
9) Magic Johnson

Come to my house and say that irl you little bitch

Instead of posting a top 10 list, consider posting one of these 5 things instead:

- Kobe Bryant is good
- Lebron James is good
- Kobe Bryant is bad
- Lebron James is bad
- Steph Curry is good

reddit spacing aside...

-Steph Curry is good
-Lebron James is slightly better
-Kobe Bryant is much better

Happy now?

Top 10 Most Legendary NBA Players:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Wilt Chamberlain
3. Bill Russell
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Hakeem Olajuwon
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

I erased it because I wasn't sure about the last two. I don't consider Kobe and LeBron to be all that "legendary" compared to the other 8 on this list. Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, Tim Duncan, etc. There are a lot of other options.

Now THIS is a quality AI image.

Slick as fuck.

Ask a kid today who Wilt, Russel, Kareem, Erving, Robertson or West are.

>lebron that low

>Valuing kids over a 70-year history

Antonio Banderas?