NEW MOUNT EERIE

Anyone excited?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uw_R3MFXNf0
soundcloud.com/p-w-elverum/distortion-by-mount-eerie-from-now-only
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=uw_R3MFXNf0

Will he continue to strive for cash over his wife's death?

shit i hope
that last album was some serious stuff

Yeah i am

yeah I guess. He played most of the thing when I saw him in the fall and it's good stuff and all but I hope he gets back to putting the focus on the music at least as much as on the lyrics.

Don't Wake Me Up - 7/10
It Was Hot We Stayed In The Water - 8/10
The Glow Pt. 2 - 10/10
Song Islands - 7.5/10
Mount Eerie - 9/10
No Flashlight - 7/10
Dawn- 8/10
Lost Wisdom - 8.5/10
Wind's Poem - 3/10
Clear Moon - 6/10
Ocean Roar 5.5/10
Sauna - 1/10
A Crow Looked At Me - 8/10

This is only correct ranking, if you think else you are pleb and not patrician

Rate Live in Japan pls

other than wind's poem being a solid 7/10 you're pretty much correct assuming you meant to put sauna at 10/10

>Sauna 1/10
fuck off

Don't Wake Me Up - 7/10
The Glow Pt. 2 - 9/10
Song Islands - 7/10
Mount Eerie - 9.5/10
No Flashlight - 8.5/10
Dawn - 8/10
Lost Wisdom - 6/10
Wind's Poem - 6.5/10
Clear Moon - 7/10
Ocean Roar 9.5/10
Sauna - 8.5/10
A Crow Looked At Me - 7/10

Sounds like Chris Chan is in the audience

Don't Wake Me Up - 7.5/10
The Glow Pt. 2 - 10/10
Song Islands - 6/10
Mount Eerie - 9.5/10
No Flashlight - 8/10
Dawn - 8.5/10
Lost Wisdom - 9/10
Wind's Poem - 7.5/10
Clear Moon - 7/10
Ocean Roar 7.5/10
Sauna - 7/10
A Crow Looked At Me - 8/10

Lost Wisdom is one of his best wtf and Ocean Roar is pretty enjoyable overall, but several songs seem pretty half-baked (especially the longer ones). Interesting that you like it that much

First single

soundcloud.com/p-w-elverum/distortion-by-mount-eerie-from-now-only

>listens to distortion once

even though Phil explicitly talks about having sex in the song, i have a hard time imagining him having sex

Lost Wisdom is to me a little too twee. I find the vocal melodies and lyrics occasionally too saccharine, and rather than contrast, Julie and Phil's vocals indulge each other in a way I don't like. Something like Dawn (which I meant to give an 8.5 to, same as you) is infinitely more relistenable.

Ocean Roar feels like everything he tried to do with Wind's Poem but achieved to a much higher standard. The heavy tracks are truly epic where the ones on WP are tuneless and boring. the more contemplative songs like the first Instrumental and I Walked Home Beholding are gorgeous, and lyrically he manages to evoke much more feeling with a lot less. From a sound design perspective I find it especially rewarding too; stuff like Ancient Times and Waves are great listens on a purely timbral level. Ocean Roar is his most underrated album and one of his masterpieces imo

>Sauna - 1/10
this is a bait

>wind's poem 3/10
>sauna 1/10

uhhh

Or just album that you like is shit

Go die with your PRETENTIOUS CRITIQUE already

Sauna is not a 1/10 come on. Be reasonable

Should I preorder the vinyl?

>doesn't even bother reviewing A Pleb Looked at Me
BASED Piero.

Scaruffi 6s = A regular 7

He hasn't even gotten to Sauna
He'll review them eventually, he thinks Ocean Roar was the best thing he did outside of the Glow and Mount Eerie

That's fair with Lost Wisdom, personally I like how it is extremely straightforward and to-the-point musically and while still having each song be unique and beautifully sounding with limited istrumentation

I love the middle tracks on Ocean Roar and completely agree with everything you said about them, but I am not a fan of Pale Lights and Instrumental 2. I find them to be directionless, long-winded and not fully realized compared to the other tracks on the album. If I was more into those tracks, I would be right with you with a 9.5

While I enjoy the second instrumental, I would agree that if the album has a flaw it's that the track is way too long to justify its length.
Pale Lights on the other hand is one of my favourite songs in Phil's catalogue. I understand that it's extremely repetitive, and I can't really articulate why but that just doesn't bother me at all.
The track feels so driving and powerful that I get swept up in it completely, and there are enough subtle changes and developments in the organ melodies to keep it moving.
The section in the middle is such a strange idea, to just lower the volume of the rest of the track to near inaudible levels while Phil enters with these gorgeous sines. It could almost be seen as awkward and lazy but it works perfectly for me. Maybe it's lame and too obvious but the track really does feel like a raging sea, broken up by just a brief calm.

I should say also that with Lost Wisdom, I used to like it much more. It was on relistens that I started to go off it for the reasons I already said. I also think that the straightforwardness of it made it feel quite disposable to me, whereas Dawn's more vague and abstract songwriting - and the loneliness it projects through the instrumentation and trembly production - make it a harder album to get to know, and so one I want to listen to more