Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AaxX1PElHyU
youtube.com/watch?v=PX0x2offg6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

me in the top right

>Letting the pitcher have one free out is strategy

stickswing ain't sport

Austria ain't country

The strategy is dealing with the increase in pressure to pull your pitcher for an offensive benefit. But I'm sure you knew that.

Cricket should have a designated shitter.

Because indians

>the 7th inning stretch is racist

It's called luck swing faggot

Your choices are
>fat lardass who is a few donut binges from being clinically disabled
>some guy with clearly no skill level to be doing it
How about neither and 8 man lineups?

wait a second i thought teams that had both pitchers pitching and hitters hitting? teams don't actually have hitters, you have to do both?

what?

American League gets a Designated Hitter position so that the pitchers don't have to bat, it's just someone off the bench that doesn't go out to field.

i thought in baseball teams you had players that used the bat (hitters) and other guys doing the pitching. is this not true? pitchers are also hitters/batters/whatever?

You field your position, you hit, and if you're a pitcher in the NL, you pitch and hit. In the AL, they have a Designated Hitter instead that only hits in the pitcher's slot.

Initially Read that as Designated Hitler. Kind of disappointed now.

>and if you're a pitcher in the NL, you pitch and hit. In the AL
wait there are different rules between the two? what happens in the world series then?

Goes by whoever has home field. If it's in the American League team's field, you use a DH. If in the NL field, no DH.

pitchers need to man the fuck up and start taking some BP

ah i see. seems like the dh would be an advantage, but i don't know

basically everything i know about baseball comes from some old baseball game i had

It's sort of an advantage for the NL teams in the World Series actually because their pitchers have more experience hitting. Doesn't hurt them to toss another hitter in as a DH really.

It's an advantage from a pure batting standpoint but kind of a bullshit rule that they enacted back when some big name sluggers in the AL were getting too old and fat to play the field, and pitchers are traditionally light hitters.

It's also comedy gold when in the rare cases that an American League pitcher bats, he hits a homer. There's usually about one a year.

youtube.com/watch?v=AaxX1PElHyU

youtube.com/watch?v=PX0x2offg6k

The AL has beat the NL in interleague play every single year since 2003 or 4. The only glaring difference between the two is the DH rule.

It's a clear advantage for the AL because they roll out an actually good hitter in the DH spot unlike some random bench guy that DHs for the NL.