You know, some people got no choice

>You know, some people got no choice
>And they can never find a voice
>To talk with that they can even call their own
>So the first thing that they see
>That allows them the right to be
>Why they follow it
>You know, it's called bad luck
Let's talk Lou Reed that isn't VU or Transformer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=felROXw_SaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I love this record

>I wanna be black
what did he mean by this?

>I wanna be a table
what did he mean by this?

Street-Hassle [Arista, 1978]

I know Lou worked his ass off on this one, but he worked his ass off on Berlin too--like so many of his contemporaries, maybe he should stop trying to create masterpieces. I admit, I eventually warmed to "I Wanna Be Black" which treats racism as a stupid joke and gets away with it. But the production is muddled and the self-consciousness self-serving. B-

He could've made the musical equivalent of Kramer yelling about niggers and it still wouldn't be as offensive as Real Good Time Together.

How does one become a revered music critic by barely writing a paragraph and only tangentially discussing the music?

Being in the right place at the right time. Also if the comments of Lou Reed and many others in the New York scene of that time would indicate, "Christgau" and "revered" do not belong on the same sentence.

I actually like that song kek

I like the album that this song is on too
youtube.com/watch?v=felROXw_SaI

Lou's Chuck Berry-style guitar is a little off-putting if you never heard him and expected some kind of proto-heavy metal/punk shit.

>He could've made the musical equivalent of Kramer yelling about niggers
He called Donna Summer a nigger and Bob Dylan a kike

>a little off-putting if you never heard him and expected some kind of proto-heavy metal/punk shit.
they'd be an idiot for expecting that from Lou Reed

>it still wouldn't be as offensive as Real Good Time Together.
What was the song about again? Was it another song about beating women?

Maybe not but he does give off that Cheap Trick vibe on the cover of Street Hassle. I mean, it was that era.

Same. John and Lou were a good duo. A very underrated album

Robert Christgau...what does he do in bed? Is he a toe fucker?

It's not even the subject matter. The version on Street Hassle just drives me insane.

This.

Berlin is my alltime favourite album. It's so genius but I see something very ironic fun in that album (Men of Good Fortune)

I travelled to Denmark to see Lou at 2012. Was anyone there?

>I know Lou worked his ass off on this one, but he worked his ass off on Berlin too

Slight guilt trip from Take No Prisoners, eh, Bobby?

I guess it's just his brand of shit talking but the juxtaposition between some of his comments and the genuine (at least it seems that way to me) empathy for the disenfranchised in his lyrics is odd.

It's a good record but in the context of their past collaborations it's a disappointment.