Reminder that these movies ruined Star Wars worse than Disney ever could

Reminder that these movies ruined Star Wars worse than Disney ever could.
If you think any of these movies are better than Rogue One, or The Force Awakens, you're delusional and probably underage.
I'm not shilling the new movies, or even saying that they're good, but this trilogy is an all time low.
Also, remember that Lucas was always a hack. His original draft for Star Wars was rejected and revised so many times that it no longer even resembled the original idea, and he didn't direct Empire Strikes Back, or Return Of The Jedi.

Disney pls go

It occurred to me the other day that III > VII in all actuality

I'm sorry you like shitty movies with forced dialogue and early 2000s CGI backgrounds.

Not an argument. Watch them again they ARE better now.

That's your nostalgia talking. They're horrible movies.

The original trilogy is the only trilogy worth watching. Literally all other Star Wars is shit.

I haven't seen Rogue One though.

Rogue One was kino

>your nostalgia
Fuck off I was 17 when TPM came out and I just saw them again after watching the turd RO

Plebs pls. THIS is the best trilogy.

I agree. Anyone who says the prequels are better is either underage or a delusional manchild who can't get past "Disney".

The acting is worse, the characters are worse, the editing and pacing are just as bad if not worse, the plot is completely terrible and swiss cheese in TPM. The CGI looks dated and downright fake at times and the screens are often cluttered with insignificant details so much you wonder if they were there to distract you from the terrible movie you're watching.

I'd rate TFA the same as Ep. 3, but R1 is easily greater than every prequel despite its many flaws.

This. Lucas destroyed Star Wars on his own.

>R0gue 0ne w0s kin0

5>4>6>3=R1>2>1>7

The Phantom Menace is better than Attack Of The Clones.

Close

5>4>6>R1>7>3>1>2

Giant power gap between 3 and 1. 1 and 2 are basically interchangeable but TPM is slightly less shitty.

He should have at least gotten someone else to write the dialogue, and direct the movies. George is too autistic to portray naturally how humans interact with each other.

Holy shit, swap Return Of The Jedi and Rogue One, and this is my list exactly.

I actually had a hard time with those 2. I absolutely loved R1 but I wanna give the OT the benefit of the doubt for now.

Maybe after a few months I can definitively say R1 is better than 6.

Its on the fence for me.

I'm sorry, I cannot excuse 7 in any way

I remember the Ewok films and kinda liked them as a kid.

I'm scared to even look now. How shit are they?

prequels were horrible. new movies are great.

I haven't seen them to be honest. I was just trolling. They're movies for kids, though. Like, really little kids.

7 did what it was meant to do extremely well.

Reboot a franchise that had been dragged through shit.

The casting was well done outside of Boyega and the acting was competent outside of Fischer and Boyega.

As for the story, there wasn't much of one in the film. It's the first act in the trilogy.

Put 7 in a vacuum and it's far and away better than the prequels. Not remotely close.

Most of the backgrounds in the prequels were special effects though.

>They're movies for kids, though. Like, really little kids.

Oh yes, no question. I was a kid at the time.

But I've rewatched other things that were "for kids", like The Dark Crystal, and that's legitimately good.

My vague recollection is that they did a fantasy story that was barely Star Wars at all.

Fuck it I guess I'll rewatch them now.

>The casting was well done outside of Boyega and the acting was competent outside of Fischer and Boyega.
Literally "I hate niggers" opinion. Finn was the only good character.

The Dark Crystal had probably 20x the budget those holiday specials did.

I wouldn't destroy any nostalgia you have for those. I saw them when I was a kid too. Some things are better left as memories and I'm 100% sure these specials are among them.

The Jedi temple is all CGI and it fucking shows. Most of the walls and floors aren't even textured.

He ruined the movie for me with his stupid quips and lack of talent.
>can't fly
>can't really shoot
>can't use the force
>can't use a lightsaber
He's just a black dude in space.

The entire Endor plot is boring and slow.

kys

Lucas will make Star Wars graet again

I know the "I hate niggers" thing is real but that's not where I'm coming from.

The only scene he was decent in was the fight on Takodana.

I'm actually looking forward to him in Pacific Rim 2 though. He fits that franchise better.

It was a soulless piece of trash.

>If you think any of these movies are better than Rogue One, or The Force Awakens, you're delusional and probably underage.
if you watched either of those, you're certainly underage

i mean do you literally watch kid films?

I agree but contrarianism is hip.

TFA and Rogue One are at least competently made, though flawed in many ways. The prequels are fundamentally broken.

The prequels were terrible in a different way. They were comically bad, there was something that could be lampooned in them. It felt like Lucas designed them to be marketed towards children/manchildren (which they were).

Rogue One/TFA on the other hand are just bland. It feels like nobody really cares and they just expect people to show up because it has the Star Wars brand.

In other words, the Prequels were the Donald Trump of Star Wars. Rogue One/TFA are the Hillary Clinton of Star Wars.

gr8 b8 id actually rather see these three rereleases in theaters than tfa rogue one and episode viii and i like rian johnson

so the prequels are better

Revenge of the Sith>Rogue One

Who is qter, Padme or Ira Belle?

I think a big reason TFA gets hate that has nothing to do with the actual movie is that it was made by Disney.

The Disney buyout of Lucasfilm and their immediate decision to start making SW films as fast as possible just comes off

as very cold business to a lot of people. People had made up their mind, before TFA came out, that Disney SW movies are

just product and not movies.

When the comparison to A New Hope started being made after TFA came out, people got very negative, especially with the

idea Disney's motive was just to make product that appealed to the long-term fans who knew REAL SW was Ep 4-6. Nostalgia

money. Hating The Force Awakens was the result of that.

A lot of the "repetitive" stuff is a meta-commentary on the nature of Star Wars itself to appear to appeal to fan demand

while actually deconstructing it at the same time. I don't know how people miss this, Kylo Ren is not a subtle character

and the First Order is clearly meant to be a subject of mockery.

From the opening shot until the last frame, TFA was a great movie. One I can watch again and again.
Why?
Good characters.
Good relationships.
Excellent visual effects.
Fantastic sound design.
Practical sets.
Characters who I actually want to see again.
A universe which I would want to visit again.

NOOOOoooooOOOOoooooOOOOOOOooooOOOOOO

>the "repetitive" stuff

>From the opening shot until the last frame, TFA was a great movie. One I can watch again and again.
>Why?
>Good characters.
>Good relationships.
>Excellent visual effects.
>Fantastic sound design.
>Practical sets.
>Characters who I actually want to see again.
>A universe which I would want to visit again.
it only gets magnitudes worse every time you watch

>meeting him for the first time literally a few hours ago

Luke knew Ben Kenobi for years, shit image.

*tips reddit letter media bible*

Wrong.

The new movies are as bad as the prequels in different ways.

The original trilogy wasn't even that good. I don't understand why Star Wars is one of the biggest and most successful franchises in history. The dialogue was meh and acting was also meh. The sword fighting was cool and the story was ok. I don't see how it's particularly different than 3 Marvel movie sequals.

Before you say I'm underage, I'm 30. I grew up with these movies so if anything I should see them with nostalgia glasses.

>I grew up with these movies so if anything I should see them with nostalgia glasses.

ROTJ came out 3 years before you were born. The toys stopped being produced around 1987.

People around 30 have no "real" attachment to the franchise other than catching "some old movie" on TNT every now and then..

ESB > ANH > ROTJ > R1 > ROTS > TPM > TFA > ATOC

No he didn't, he was just aware of his existance, shit post.