Would you agree that this is what is wrong with ESPN?

Would you agree that this is what is wrong with ESPN?

no I do not agree. stop making this thread

Not only is Kaepernick mediocre nowadays, he's a complete moron who clearly has no intentions of playing and just wants attention.
>dumb gf who shits on the owners
>wears Castro tee in Miami
>BUT WHY WON'T THEY HIRE HIM IT'S BECAUSE OF HE'S WOKE

No, stop spamming your shitty thread

Anybody with a lick of common sense agrees

Fuck off, I've never seen this thread and I'm here all the time.

This desu

Hypermasculinity is the backbone of sports culture in America
Gender politics in America is changing and how we see sports is changing
What is the practical reason men that play these games make millions but teachers make only a living wage? Our society is made to be inefficient so people with money don't feel threatened while people argue over a meritocracy that really is absurd

Middle America is brainwashed

I have seen this exact thread with this exact image before, multiple times

this explains Trump

>being liberal

How's that working out for you?

>Hypermasculinity is the backbone of sports culture in America

You mean masculinity

>Gender politics in America is changing and how we see sports is changing

no only if you're a woman or faggot, sorry Sally

>What is the practical reason men that play these games make millions but teachers make only a living wage? Our society is made to be inefficient so people with money don't feel threatened while people argue over a meritocracy that really is absurd

Because we don't have a centrally planned economy you Marxist trash?

Excellent, unfortunately. If I was conservative I would likely be poorer with less access to education. I was born in a liberal part of Illinois, a blue state. I have a fairly rewarding life I like to think.
>You mean masculinity
Well, gender roles exist within our society, not a vacuum. I believe people are funneled into two camps in our society, so men and women, but gender expression works as a spectrum. We know these kind of extreme instances of men where they seem to be so ridiculously manly, and we can contrast that with men who seem not to embody such ideas as much. So this is a kind of spectrum, and I believe people are forced into extremes based on social control.
I've met many trans people, nonbinary people who feel more able to express themselves nowadays than even a few years ago.
>no only if you're a woman or faggot, sorry Sally
I am a straight white male
>Because we don't have a centrally planned economy you Marxist trash?
We do, Wall Street controls most of our interactions

The real game we are playing is trying to be happy in capitalism

>mfw a maga faggot came here from reddit and assumed everyone would agree with him

>tf
>tp

>projecting this hard
r/withher/ is only a click away, Trayvon

i think this is the worst post in Sup Forums history for a long time, every single argument is wrong/retarded.

Congratulations

It's been posted with regularity for at least the last 8 months

>rewarding life
>browsing Sup Forums

pick one

Only a racist would agree with that

I wonder (((who))) wrote this

>mfw without a face
We all know who the reddit fag here is

The reality is that young people aren't paying for cable, across the western world

Turning this into a political rant makes you look like an idiot

>mfw i'm a samefag in total damage control after getting BTFO'd by everyone in my thread

???????
That was my only post in this thread

Not primarily. If this were true, their direct competitors would be doing much better, but they are also struggling.

No.
People don't need sports center anymore because you can get the highlights in gif/video format in 10 seconds after it happens. You can check scores, get trade news, whatever from your phone way faster.

Why are you replying for me?

don't @ me again

I don't think ESPN made a 'mistake. It was done very much on purpose.

ESPN uses sports as a platform to deliver propaganda. That's what it is above all else.

Not primarily but it is driving away viewers in droves. His analysis of ESPN in the overall article is much better, essentially that ESPN's insane contracts with sporting leagues created an insane bubble which you can see in NBA contracts for instance, which have ballooned in the last two years. That bubble is bursting in the form of cable cutting and ESPN doesn't have the money to support their insane contracts any longer.

this is what the literal faggots and women who work at the propaganda agencies that shill this board actually believe.

>It's another "Sup Forumsastics try their wits at providing social and political commentary and fail spectacularly" episode

This board really does need a "No pseudo-intellectualism" rule

It's a bunch of faggot shills who work for shit like Awful Announcing and Deadspin.

>this thread again

i think ESPN is doing demographic research or something.

>w-why doesn't everyone agree with me?
>i thought this was a safe space for enlightened 'pedes

>drinking alcohol
>calling other people losers
really makes me think

your mom is a safe space for darkened 'penis.

yeah, fuck off. I don't believe any sports fans irl believe any of the nonsense you're spewing.

Source:

am alive
am a sports fan

t. Awful Announcing or Deadspin

kill yourself faggot/cunt

You may be right in that way: Middle America likes beer and sports and not anything that has to do with social topics like the ones in the OP. But outside that, America is changing very quickly. The president is the last hope to hold on to how America has been as we know it. He is our oldest president ever, and the ideas he represents are the old interpretations of new topics. You were born and raised around these ideas that form the social context for sports, and it's not like you aren't going to be interested in sports having been raised liking it and living as an adult liking it, but I think the world is changing quickly to be a place where the rules are different.
>this is what the literal faggots and women who work at the propaganda agencies that shill this board actually believe
They probably actually believe it because it makes sense to them. For whatever queer people and women you are mentioning the equivalent of sports for them is social justice topics, which are only getting more and more popular. This is that we are are at a point where the young people, who compose the future, care a bit less about sports than other people.
I don't think it's enough of a counterpoint to say I am not queer or a woman and I have this opinion that the world is changing less towards a hypermasculine sporty society, but I believe it to be true, and I am young and I believe the future is going to be quite different. We wouldn't be having this discussion if everyone accepted those rules of society rather than this "faggots and women" ideology you're talking about.

Look dog, we all appreciate the time you're putting into your shitposts but you went overboard right away and now the only Youvotes you are going to get is people that are so bored they are just going to reply wondering how long you'll keep this shit up

I'm saying the society we have that sports and espn exists in is changing and that makes a lot of people including myself confused deeply
What is the future of sports in this way if the whole society it is in is changing
Like for example concussions in football. If people are raised learning more about how concussions in football are bad rather than learning why that athleticism is cool and ideal then what happens?
This isn't even my thread I just want to talk isn't that what boards are for

>samefagging 3 times in a row
Guess I hit a nerve :^)

>basedspin
>liberal

Get off your proxy, Australia

Nigga fuck off. I live in fucking hipster Brooklyn, and if you go to a sports bar here....guess what....it's like 90+% heterosexual men.

Shut the fuck up. Go teach a sociology class or something you fucking fraud.

again shut the fuck up

Deadspin is from the same commies who brought us Gawker.

Middle America is not a person.

ESPN suffers because their political diatribes are boring and unfitting, it has nothing to do with left/right.

it's not even politics. it's literal propaganda.

>claim with zero proof
Jesus Cringe please stay on /mlp/

A fat woman wrote this. You just know.

It's 95% to do with obsolecense of sports center and cost

I'm american I swear
Sports is an incredibly lucrative business with billions of fans. I have no doubt that that sports bar is filled with sports fans. I am just trying to say that in the past few years I've seen this big explosion of social topics that the world has been struggling to think through, this big cognitive dissonance, and I am wondering what is going to happen next just like a lot of people. Is that sports bar going to get more """liberal"""(whatever that means) as our society does, and what will that look like? There used to be feudalism as the social hierarchy but now it is something different. What is sports going to be like in the next step of society, whatever that may be.

>this shit tier trolling
Go to the library or something, goddamn

Hey Clay Travis!

What? That's a straight up fact. Deadspin originated from Nick Denton/Gawker Media.

FUCK OFF

Oh my god, just go to Sup Forums and try the bait there

Society is getting more conservative idiot.

I am a 6 foot 3 195 pound white cis male and you will find a lot of other people that look like me with these thoughts on liberal arts college campuses, where people study how society works day in and day out and they put stock in these ideas of how social control works

Poor people, who generally do not get the same level of opportunity(and education) as rich people, are often enticed by sports as a means to get out of a dead-end place in society and even if they do make it they make rich people way more money than they will ever see.

When have sports fans ever been the socially progressive types? How could a company be so unaware of their market?

Go troll elsewhere. You can't be this bored.

How? What are you using to gauge that

I'm not baiting I legitimately believe these things I am saying

Sports lets people have fun I'm not bashing anything or trolling anybody I'm just saying all this talk about our society has got me thinking

They're not. Every professional league's fans except the NBA, WNBA, &WTA lean right.

>I am a 6 foot 3 195 pound white cis male

t. (pic related)

what is wrong with what I am saying
I am browsing Sup Forums of course I am bored
but I'm interested in how people think about these things

generally trolls use buzzwords and false things and prejudices how would I be doing those exactly

>straight up fact
>no citation
kys you utter loser

pic UNRELATED
ha gotem

>t-troll!
>responds anyway
You should have stayed on reddit newfag

fucking this, let the britfag be the one that gets whats going on. how many of us honestly pay for cable or dish? honestly? fuck that. im in college and work part time while paying rent, im not gonna spend 100 bucks minimum for tv when i can get sling for 20 bucks and hulu for like 15. But yeah lets keep making this a Sup Forums / /r9k/ thread like weve been fucking doing on Sup Forums for the last 2-3 years

>I can get sling

Are you some sort of dogshit or something? Wtf are you talking about? Is that nigger language for chewing on Fentanyl patches or something

And that explains why the entire western media has gone full on retard the last two years how?

I pay for cable because I have a full time job. Also I'm a liberal. But I never watch espn.

People do realize that espn taking views on socio-economics and politics is at least in part due to Disney owning them right?

the entire US media is owned by like 4 companies, and they are CLEARLY colluding.

>p-please leave my safe space
>you remind me too much of people in the real world, who are repulsed by every aspect of my being

seriously dude im bay area liberal as fuck and pay for cable and i do not have espn on for a second besides a live game because everything they air is bullshit

This is my question to people who hate ESPN so much: Why the fuck do you watch stupid ass Sportscenter, or talking head debate shows anyway? Why the fuck do you care what paid morons think about sports?

This is Sup Forums tier you fucking loser

How much are we controlled by media and what does sports have to do with that

No, it's more about ESPN trying to capitalize on being the nigger network, because (surprise!) niggers watch ESPN more than anything else.

The problem is that they're a bunch of Northeastern Liberals who think the best way to make money off niggers is to be as liberal as possible.

I feel the same way about 24 hour news. If you gotta be on all day, good chance that 90% of what you air is bullshit. ESPN is worse because it's 24 hours of sports """news""" which leaves about 23 1/2 hours of repetitive time filling fuckery

>DURR NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

trumptards everyone

Not an argument.

Just can't help yourself huh? Please keep the (you)s coming you utter cuck

>Paying for cable

What a cuck

>durr le pop a beer and anti-politics
Bullshit. Politics sell. That's why you see politics everywhere now, because it is controversial and creates buzz. Difference is those traditional ESPN viewers are going to websites for their sports-politics discussions and not TV.

Not sure about the Jean jacket but the shirt underneath is fab af desu senpai

Settle down. I live in NYC and have DirecTV for NFL season ticket reasons.

Shit like PTI used to be fun. Reading articles/criticism/speculation on your hobbies/interests is fun. Litteraly every hobby/subculture does this.

But the Zionist media went full propaganda mode to try to get Clinton elected, and since she lost they've somehow managed to get even more corrupt in reeeeeee/panic mode.

okay heres an argument

espn isnt failing because NIGGER NIGGER LIBKEK NIGGER

its failing because people are cutting out their cable, and ESPN has the highest subscription cost per network that they need to pay for ridiculous sports rights fees. when everyone cuts their cable, they lose all that income to afford rights fees, and therefore they have to cut costs elsewhere

but im sure a fucking retard like you will respond "DUHHH NO DUDE PEOPLE SPECIFICALLY CANCEL EPSN FROM DERE CABLE PACKAGE CUZ DUH LIBKEK NIGGER MEDIA"

>someone too cheap to get something on their own
>get called a jew cuck

>someone buys something they want because you can get it for free
>get called a jew cuck

t. Schlomo Shillstein

employed by the same people who own/run ESPN

>job and lives in nyc

must be nice being part of the super wealthy i guess

>hurr it's failing because people aren't buying it anymore IDIOT

Bullshit.

Sports fans don't want politics.

when you watch cable sports you only see the game in motion playing for like, what, 10% of the time? It's ads, commentary, crowd shots, other capitalist BULLSHIT

It has more to do with cable packages
Also, anyone notice that sports writers are far better at writing about race politics than MSNBC and Fox? Im not defending the practice cause its really annoying but some of these sportswriters are genuinely good at this race stuff.

can you elaborate a little more?

Having a job and living in the most populated city in the country automatically makes you super wealthy?

take a walk around the block or something.