Theatergoers that start clapping when the movie ends

>theatergoers that start clapping when the movie ends

Please tell me this is just a meme, like the whole cinema showers thing, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MHtomFSmb1k
youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo&index=28&list=FL6iG5CglXMBNgMibwvNveHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Saw it happen at a showing of TFA two weeks after it opened on a week night

>his movie theater doesn't have showers

Americlapping is a real phenomenon, sadly. Usually only significant when a movie has recently opened; for some reason there's an overlap between people that want to see new stuff as soon as possible and people that feel the need to clap.

I saw Rogue One this morning and people clapped at the end. Kinda caught me by surprise since I usually don't see new releases, I almost reached for the seat holster.

>whole cinema showers thing, right?

Saw this on SA, before the paywall came down. What the hell is it refering to?

He's just mad cause he doesn't get those delicious crab legs to snack on.

literally happened yesterday after rogue 1

>like the whole cinema showers thing
what the fuck are you talking about, de-lousing/showering/getting your uniform is why you have to show up three hours before the movie starts

I live in the UK and only witnessed this happening after Return of the King.

Happens all the time after Marvel flicks

If you're too cool to clap, you're too cool for movies. Stick with films and kino and nod approvingly afterward. The rest of us, we came to have fun.

What about when the plane lands on the runway? What's the clapping etiquette there?

I'm in Paris and this is overwhelmingly a thing

Thanks Anerica

Happened today at the end of La La Land. I mean it was a great film, but come on!

My local Théàtrë actually have two sets of showers, there's the main showers in which the routine penis inspections take place, and an additional smaller shower in the doorways to the actual screening room for the 'quick rinse'

Burgers clap after making pig noises.

Pajeet, my son
youtube.com/watch?v=MHtomFSmb1k

Went to see rogue one, theater erupted in clapping and cheering after it was over and when Vader is first on screen.

Went to see La La Land and people clapped when it was over

i'd like to experience that at least once

I live in Paris and never saw people clapping at the end of a film wtf man.

Nope. Will occur for the most mediocre of flicks as well.

Happened at the end of Rogue One when I saw it last week (not to shit on the movie, massive updgrade from TFA but fuck Americlapping is annoying)

Can someone explain to me why people hate when people clap? interesting psychological phenomenon.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo&index=28&list=FL6iG5CglXMBNgMibwvNveHg

they literally sound like raped apes lol

In The US we clap. Its what we do.

Why the fuck wouldnt you take a shower at the theater? No one wants to sit next to a bunch of stinking wierdos. Plus it saves on utilities bills

>smacking your hands together and screaming chimp sounds when feeling good
The behavior is a bit primitive.

post a pic of your showering shoes

>the comments are people bragging about this behavior and boasting that their favorite celeb got the most noise

I guess the awkward moment right when the credits start to roll and everyone is quiet is too much for most people. Most people (NOT ALL) feel something positive after a movie and I guess they just want to express themselves with a clap rather than a collective "DID YOU SEE SCENE X?," "I CANT BELIEVE Y IS Z!"

I go with the classics. Sturdy, and they dont mold

>Film end
>One or two retards begin to clap then very quickly stop as they realize they're fucking idiots
>Everyone giggles at them

;(

Applause is something for a performer to hear and enjoy as a gesture of appreciation. It's not a gut reaction like screaming or laughter can be, it's something you "give" to a real-life person.

Imagine if movies had a virtual curtain call where the main characters bowed to the audience and the audience clapped and waved to them. Surely you can see how that would be weird.

I saw Rogue One the other day and the lady in front of me would clap every time something exciting happened

Was going to bite off my nails and put them in her hair but then I saw she was a nice looking older lady so I gave her a pass

I'd probably get pissed off to, but it must be great to be old and still enjoy movies like you did when you were a child. We forgot how to have fun.

flew to new york last week

when the plane landed, i shit you not, the passengers actually clapped

it was fucking surreal as hell, ice never seen anything like it

you can have fun without clapping, yo
you could even do a lil fist pump or something if you feel the need to make a gesture, there are options that don't involve slapping your hand meat together, just sayin

I've seen this before too when there is a smooth landing

first time on a plane? happens every time ive been to america. not that much in europe in my experience

>New York
Understandable. They were just happy they didn't end up in the side of a skyscraper.

Never seen it happen once, not even on early or opening night showings.