How many people from Sup Forums were in Boy Scouts as teenagers?

How many people from Sup Forums were in Boy Scouts as teenagers?

Probably the most based institution you can send your son through in the modern era.

I'm an eagle scout
Its gay now and I'm not sending my son to it

I'm doubtful my military college will even be conservative enough when hes grown

Sup Forums has the highest eagle population of just about anywhere on the internet. A fuck ton including me post here.

Dropped it just short of becoming an actual boy scout, but I can see it being really good stuff depending on the troop.

>Its gay now and I'm not sending my son to it
It was gay way before that if you know what I mean

Eagle here.
Its cucked now, dont do it.

Mine wasn't gay that I know of.

Then again that was before being gay was so fashionable. I remember being in first grade and one of the part time teachers went to the slammer for some inappropriate behavior. Good lesson for a first grader.

I am an Eagle scout and a doctor (of pharmacy)

It was a pretty good institution for out doors activities. I would probably recommend it to my children. Not that I would force them to join

Shame. I was a scout in the mid 2000's before the whole gay Obama thing happened and it was an amazingly masculine environment.

The scout leaders basically let the older scouts run everything and had very little influence.

The result was a bit chaotic, with a culture not too dissimilar from a high school locket room, but there was always 1 or 2 mature scouts who kept everyone else in check, and at the end of the day everyone looked out for each other.

Attending each of the weekly meetings would make your average SJW commit suicide. The sad part was I didn'tappreciate how awesome it was until I was out.

This.
My former scoutmaster was based, and almost all of the scouts that aged out of our troop were at least eagle.

> doesn't support marriage equality
> based

Wow no doubt this thread was made by a white male, as all garbage things in this world are

Was in when really young. I remember building those wooden racecars with my dad and building wooden bird houses. It was also, in general, very pro-American.

Now I hear it's just faggot infested. No thanks, not sending my children to it.

Aaaaand another full shill thread to be honest familia

Who the FUCK cares about this? Op is just trying to control content.

It's a coordinated but obvious hillary shill brigade.

Op, go get the smart shills.

As repetitious slide threads go, this particular topic is at least healthy for society and therefore political outlook.

Boys need to have experiences like this, whether it's scouts or not, in order to grow up sane and healthy.

Only for a couple years. I was lazy and left

>1 post by this ID

Another Eagle scout here, depends on the troop but I can see where some troops are more cucked than others.

It's useless, not because of faggots, but because of organization and lawsuit-phobia. The knife qual badge does not involve a knife. Frustrated parents have started their own, smaller groups, but they're tiny and spread out.

Eagle Reporting in.

I was a terminal 1st class scout. I was in it for the camping and backpacking trips.

I was in scouts and I loved it. It takes a lot of support from involved parents but it's worth the time.

checked
and Eagle reporting in.
Don't ask me about my project, I did below the bare minimum and had to appeal it and caused a whole bunch of shit to happen

There was a knife qualification badge?

Maybe that was above my age grade. However, I did learn how to use a knife safely and effectively during one of those pow-wow things when a kid I barely knew hung out with me and showed me his cool knife and how to use it.

Something must have rubbed off I suppose because know I'm one of the few people I know to EDC a knife. It's super-useful.

Made it to Eagle.

Taught me basic camping/survival skills, taught me to shoot, and our troop was pretty based. Our scoutmaster was friends with the head camp counselor at summer camp so we got to register for small boat sailing every fucking year. Had a legit Vietnam vet teach us knots and regale us with stories about his days in the Army.

That was over 10 years ago, though. From what I hear the BSA is pretty cucked now. 2/10 would not recommend.

i was in cub but didnt earn enough badges to advance. did not like the various tasks. even cheated actually, got my dad to complete some. enjoyed the weekly meetings at den mom's house.

There's this thing called a Totenchit which you get a little patch for that you're not supposed to wear that shows you know how to use a knife, axe, and hatchet.

Are you me?

>Did some jerkoff bare minimum project
>Turned my final Eagle papers in to the district office at 4pm on the Friday before I turned 18
>The district leader had a personal vendetta against me, said I forged his signature on a form or something which was BS
>had to have a special board of review to defend my project like some damn tribunal

Still got it, though. Even have a signed certificate from Dubya.

>Totenchits

A bunch of scouts in my troop had their totenchits revoked one year at summer camp for having knife throwing competitions.

Good times.

I only made Heart. Troop was disorganized as hell but a lot of fun.

Not supposed to wear? Gay. The whole point of merit badges was to make you feel like a good little hitlerjugen.

Oh well. I learned how to use axes and hatchets after a hurricane came around and everybody needed to be put to work to clean up the trees.

You carry it in your wallet. It's to prepare you for firearm ownership. You don't wear a fucking badge to show you're allowed to carry a firearm like some Star of Daniel.

I'm an Eagle Scout and while at the time I occasionally hated Scouts I'm honestly glad I did it now and miss it. I miss all the adventures and badges and getting to yell Sieg Heil and do Nazi salutes with all of my buddies.

>tfw everyone in my troop had theirs signed by his father

This.
Its been completely neutered by overprotective soccer moms.
The last few times I went to summer camp is was completely fucked.
>no running what so ever
>no standing on any rocks or logs taller than 6 inches
>Must adhere to the roads at all times
>no going in the woods
>no riding bikes without helmet, kneepads, elbowpads, and safety vest
It was boring as hell.

The only cool trips I went on were with my troop out on private land.

Has your eagle itself helped you? Like putting it on a resume or something along those lines?
The eagle plaque is not signed just stamped.

>finally get into the Order of the Arrow
>find out it's just a degenerate shadow organization where everyone smokes marihuana all the time in the woods

wew lad that's almost occultic. I actually still don't get why my family never thought me to shoot other than that I didn't like the idea of killing animals dead.

Oh well. At least I guess they did what they thought was best and gave me the ability to learn things on my own later in life. Parental involvement with scouts as far as I took it was definitely key.

pfft, I wish the OA had weed...

Fuck why the fuck did you have to remind me about this Sup Forums?

>parents involved as fuck
>went to all the fucking pow-wows and shit
>never made it past 3rd or 4th rank
>decided to become a 420blazeit retard shortly thereafter

FUCK

Canada pls.

I wish. We just dressed up like injuns and played with fire in the woods and tried to channel the spirit of the Great Minnetonka or whateverthefuck.

Thinking back, it's probably what SJWs would call "problematic".

>a leaf
all the OA did was starve us and try to shove God down our throat kek

>tfw your certificate is signed by BO

My friend was in OA but thought it was so boring he refused to ever show up to the meetings unless someone made him. I was given the offer to join but I didn't feel like it.

OA ceremony

>Go to ceremony at summer camp with family because i'm eligible
>big fire with lots of native americans and a performance
>call all the eligible scouts so surround them in fire
>get tapped out
>after ceremony collect personal camping gear, follow rope with everyone to woods with another fire and more ceremony stuff
>drop you off in the field to sleep under the stars in sleeping bag
>Next morning native costume guy wakes you up in the field by tapping you gently on
>Still can't talk "oath of silence"
>go to mess hall and line up
>guy throws dry rice crispies container at you
>breakfast is rice crispies and what you have in the water bottle you brought
>camp people assign people to work, some dudes in my troop haul rocks, I get assigned to split wood and stack it
>I don't get assigned with anyone in my troop
>split wood for a few hours.
>Break oath of silence with some random dude because the leaders leave to move the truckloads of wood around and we are working quickly anyways
>Lunch time
>peanut butter in between 2 pieces of bread.
>awkward just sitting in a room with everyone else can't talk
>back to work
>split more wood for a few more hours
>finally get that shit done and you can finally talk, families come back for a dinner at the mess hall
>final ceremony
>come back OA

Did anyone else have to do this? Seems like they just put us to work for the camp desu

Yeah I didnt go to any meetings either. The special OA trek at Philmont was awesome though.
If anything was worth during scouts, it was that trek.
t.eagle

Same, but I did get my card signed by Allen West!

Part of this might be my fault
>broke my leg tobogganing at scout camp
>few years later hear that scouts have to wear helmets while tobogganing
>inb4 "leaf ruins everything"

Not supposed to tell people about that silly

Kek so true, Eagle and OA reporting in, the biggest thing I remember about that induction was getting starved and then awkwardly having to keep quiet all day while doing busy work for the camp. It instills good values looking back on it, but it felt somewhat silly at the time

I saw someone get accidentally stabbed once at a scout thing. It was pretty bloody.

prepare to be v&'d by a bunch of 15 year olds.

>that picture

HHHHHNNGGG

Kek our instructor for our totenchit fuckin stabbed himself in the middle of showing us how to properly use a knife, he was fine so it was pretty hilarious

I think a lack of this shit is why numales exist.

>I'm an eagle scout
>Its gay now and I'm not sending my son to it

You took the words right out of my mouth user

yeah but in my case the kid has his tendons sliced so his arm took a long time to get back to normal. Had to call an ambulance and the whole event was called off.

Yea I did something similar.
They had random guys patrolling around in indian costumes to make sure people didnt talk.
If they caught us talking they gave us little slips of paper with some indian phrase on it.
There was a fat kid that kept bitching about being hungry.
He would eat the paper slip each time he got one.

>wooden racecars

pinewood derby
good shit

You had an instructor named Kek?

:o almost kek

No, it wasn't. When I was in it we went to campgrounds and out into the wilderness. By the time I left, they were literally going to hotels and skiing.

I did boy scout for a bit, meeting area was local elementary school where it sounded like fun, and it was for a while.

When I was nearing middle school my dad got orders to move to a tourist shithole known as Key West, where the boy scout program was disorganized to all hell and hardly anybody was in the program. My father, my brother, and I decided it was a waste of fucking time.

I do remember getting the futhest one year in our group, got my car to I think it was state regionals

I did kind of OK in the pinewood derby, but my dad was keen to point out that most kids had their dads build their cars for them.

I had do use this old, busted, blunt saw myself to cut out the designs of my own making. But then we had super cool father-son times painting them together, and he gave me good secrets like lubricating the "axles" and gluing on weights after cutting enough wood off of it.

Good times.

omgg my car always sucked, same with my boat. I always made it myself though. We never bought any cool add ins either so I just put a bunch of stickers and it always looked super gay now that I remember.

I went to the school of make my own untraceable knife out of ice and carry it in my lunch box , while the so-called 'boy scouts' were being molested somewhere in the woods

I think I might have tossed mine in a dumpster back when I was going to off myself. The 3rd iteration I came up with was pretty rad looking and almost went far enough to matter.

You learn a lot pretty quick at that young age.

Dad went full research mode and I won the regional pinewood dirby every year.
>felt good man
But now I can't have my kids in it because if the fags

what exactly are they shiling?

It wasn't a patch. It was a card you carried around.

me
as soon as i got my eagle scout my troop turned lame and i left

it got lame cause all the single moms started coming to coddle their bitch sons.

Scouts from weblos to star. After several scout leader changes I gave up on advancing and just had fun doing outdoor s stuff since it was a rural but moderately wealthy area (90% white).

>ywn get your Eagle certificate signed by Donald Trump

pls don't play with my feels like that

we carved polar bears out of soap

i wouldnt be the man i am today without it

I was, it was pretty based. Dunno about now. Heard their numbers too a big hit

Eagle Scout here, I had to do night hikes and camp once a month in swamps and donsurvival camping since I was a child until 18.

I learned a lot of valuable skills but I got made fun of bad for it and holy shit did I hate it. I had those overachieving parents shove me into it. I guess it's ok, I can do most outdoor stuff pretty proficiently now. What's the point.

Finished boy scouts. Started band after that.
I'm a nerdy old fag. My first internet involved a C-64. Married. Happy. Old soldier. I've seen more of the world than some people dream about.

Boy scouts is still a Mormon indoctrination program. I'll spare you the rest....

eagle scout and OA vigil

Being an Eagle was a big plus for college/military resumes. I only made it to second class I think, sports kinda took over as I hit junior high.high school

I know some people don't consider Mormon Scouts legit because of how they run things but I wouldn't know since only the Baptists and Methodists handled stuff where I lived. There isn't a Mormon ward in 100 miles.

>C-64
>not having multiple vic-20s because they keep breaking

No worries, friend. We're all going to be on the same side if shit goes upside down.

It's a well known fact that the Boy Scouts are the second biggest risk factor that could get your kid fingered after the Catholic Church.

nigga please. we use to play a littpe know sport called "bum football". its where you play regular football but crab walk instead of walking or running. shit was intence too, a guy broke his nose once while playing

i also had a scout master finger my boipucci but that wasnt nearly as gay

oa is basicly the council camp building contractors.

the day of silence is meh. we only had water though.

i enjoyed the people in OA much more. ( lot fewer mormons)

rebuilding a mountain camp after a wild fire was an enjoyable if difficult job.

I was in a Mormon troop because it was convenient. It was kind of odd..cult like.

Switched to a Catholic troop and it was a lot better.

Only sex going on in my troop was the male leaders boning every single soccer mom who showed up.

I feel the same, I lamented having to go out and hike with no electronics (troop rule was we were not allowed to use any of our electronics during trips/hikes/campouts etc)

Now I realize how awesome it was I was doing these things with a bunch of friends every month or two.

Never made it past second-class though.

Order of the Arrow here.
My scout master fucked me in the ass hard.

they are not ligit. fucking badge factories, and " painting curbs " for projects.

my project? i build a fucking house for a family who lost theirs in a fire and had no insurance.

20 16-18 boys and a few fathers . ( lots of dads were in the trades and so we knew the skills)

I organized the fund raising and donations. got all the engineering and design approved and permits.

built a 1 story rranch house with 4 deb 3 bath and a garage .

They're retarded and soul-sucking anyway.

But that gives me to think. Do they have like radio badges or anything? Pretty important.

I mean looking back you get to learn a lot of cool life skills. Learning simple shit like CPR, knots, botany, fire arms training and car mechanics at that age is pretty golden.

That's why all of our dad's are handmany/mechanic gurus

yes

There was a radio/electronics merit badge. There was a fuck ton of badges on most skills

I'll have to take your word for it since no Mormon troops anywhere near me. All the troops around here did legit eagle projects and mostly let the kids work on their badges themselves.

That's legit user. Think about it nowadays, how many 16-18 year old kids do that shit? Close to zero.

Damn, you lucky guys. I never heard a damn thing about it.

I had to go learn in the library, build shit myself, and then beat my friends over the head and establish weekly drills to get them to use radios properly.

I got to do a lot of cool things.

sail boat on the ocean.
climb
fly a glider with a world renowned instructor
horse back ride 200 miles
bike 100 miles many times
medivac a climber who fell and broke his legs. ( luck as fuck were were climbing in the same area, dude was climbing alone)

Did he buy you dinner first?

>Probably the most based institution you can send your son through in the modern era.
idk man it's current year I don't want my kid to get molested by a camp counselor, boy scouts, priest, coach. Only thing left to do is keep him fat and addicted to video games and hope he doesn't show his ass hole to some stranger who'll blackmail him until he commits suicide.