/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

Shimapan edition.

Previously on /gg/: How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4GIhOfQmAU
youtube.com/watch?v=lYRMfUvEo1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=h7T9fuf1bLE
youtube.com/watch?v=QsYY8FC8Zdo
youtube.com/watch?v=o3VgdpU2nEw
youtube.com/watch?v=hfDkVeGc81s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Shimapan edition.
What's that?

why doing spiders always puts me to literally sleep

what would it take for "organic" music to come back? radio's filled with electronic shit and I think I've reached my peak with it

also do you guys like guitars like this

Organic huh

Thinking of getting one of the new 2018 Ibanez guitars since some of them look phenomenal. Was looking at a $1000 iron label RGD but saw it wasn't Japanese made; I could get a "real" Prestige for $200-300 more, but without some of the more high end specs I'd like (Fluence pickups vs Duncan/DiMarzio, tone woods, etc).

Which would you say is more bang for the buck? I've heard great things about the iron label line but it's still an import line at the end of the day.

lol idk what to call it. just music with actual instruments innit

computers are an instrument

because spider is a useless exercise

>what would it take for "organic" music to come back?
All the music executives to be replaced. The current music executives are acting in concert as part of a larger cultural narrative right now, attempting to erase a very specific culture, and rock music is part of this very specific culture.

If you were really concerned about bang for buck you'd learn how to do guitar setup and modification and then look for guitars in the $100-200 used range. "Turd polishing," as it is derisively referred to by those unskilled enough to do it, is the final frontier of bang for buck.

why?

This is the pinnacle of edgy guitars, and it makes me angry that I'll never be able to play one.

i can't take off my loxx straplock, it just doesnt turn, i think it's because its one of those "leather" straps. help

>not just using cheap rubber washers from the hardware store
If I got any more specific it'd derail the thread into Sup Forums territory so I'm not going to do that. You should go ask them why rock music is disappearing if you're interested.

I know how to mod and setup guitars; the only thing I (thankfully?) haven't done is a truss rod replacement. I work for a company that has a deal with ibanez so I'd essentially get 50% off the prices listed. $500-700 is worth it for a high end instrument I'd say, especially factoring in all the work hours and money spent on spare parts. Maybe should've mentioned that in the beginning.

I'm more trying to get a feel for how the high end import stuff from Ibanez or other companies compares to the lower end of their top shelf lines.

>I'm more trying to get a feel for how the high end import stuff from Ibanez or other companies compares to the lower end of their top shelf lines.
I'm not sure this is possible with a sample size of one from each.

no problem, yu can get more specific here

washers to help take the loxx off or as a replacer?

As a replacement. Cheap rubber washers from the hardware store literally function as strap locks. You put it on the strap button over the strap and it locks it in place.
They sell them as strap locks for a much higher price than you'd find at the hardware store; Joe Bonamassa, for one, uses the Fender brand ones. There's no reason to buy the expensive ones made for guitars, though. You can find ones that'll work just fine at any hardware store.

Are those axe-fx units really the future? Should I start saving for one right now?

youtube.com/watch?v=M4GIhOfQmAU

something more tactile pls

>The current music executives are acting in concert as part of a larger cultural narrative right now
you make it sound like a conspiracy...

>>>/pol157283307

Pic related. It's just a rubber washer. It works just fine, though. Also, lol, turns out Bonamassa is selling his own brand of these now.

>Are those axe-fx units really the future?
If they get better, yes. They still have some troubles emulating some types of distortion. Not that distortion will matter in the future. We'll all be playing unplugged.

i doubt it could take all my high energy moves. and it could fall off when heres no pressure being applied (p.e. when its on the air) .

>in the future. We'll all be playing unplugged.
why

Well, I can't vouch for them working for someone who thinks they're a fucking gymnast instead of a musician, but for the rest of us they work fine.

Hi.

you mean a performer instead of a nerd that sits still playing their lines.

>it could fall off when heres no pressure being applied

>gibson reaper bass
did he make a gene simmons tone vid

Opinions on V-shapes? Not for edginess but I really like how they sit in my lap

I like his videos, but I truly don't know if all the comments on his videos praising his playing are trolling or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=lYRMfUvEo1Q
why me makes a comparision vid of two unpopular basses that havent been produced in 40 years

How high do you wear your guitar, /gg/?

>this is the pinnacle of soy

Everything about that is fucking terrible

give me some sexy acoustic

today we're going to sheck out

If standing still like an autist playing their lines extremely well is good enough for Derek Trucks to make a living doing it, it's good enough for me.

post your guitars. They are pretty.

That's a pretty Gretsch.

i wear her just over my dick. a little lower than perfectly over it. i also like putting it between my legs like im fucking her while performing

What other guitars do you have? I feel like I have seen that Gretsch with some company.

lmao you think you're as good as derek trucks and not only that but you think you can make a living off your shitty playing? any guitarist worth his shit can play his lines well while dancing and stuff

not mine, i saved it from a similar thread last week

He's better than me at slide but I'm better than him without a slide. Realtalk.

I go full punk high energy on stage, and the washers work just fine.
I have even done the guitar flip and it was no issue.
If you still fear it, you can still buy metal washers as tight as you want, there are many solutions that don't involve complicated systems like the one you posted.

>I posted it again guise!

>I'm better than him without a slide.
You know that's a lie.

I've only posted that pic...I think this is 3 times. Other people post their gear, why can't I?

My hand strums between bellybutton and dick height naturally, so there.
I wear the bass a little higher though.

can i get a good acoustic guitar for a hundred bucks ?

Yes.

this chick got legs for days

his playing style's catchy enough for me to take note and like

post feet

Used, probably, yeah.
Are you implying there's been a pattern to the recent OPs?

is this the pinnacle of shred
youtube.com/watch?v=h7T9fuf1bLE
one can't have a cleaner technique than this

Been playing acoustic awhile and looking to get into electric on the cheap, would this be a good starting setup? If not hit me with some recommendations.

post bangers
youtube.com/watch?v=QsYY8FC8Zdo

Get another amp.

pro tip: lurk guitarcenter's used section for cheap mid-range gear
you can get a ds1 for like 30 bucks elsewhere
also the cheaper epiphones are hot garbage, get a yamaha pacifica

>cheaper epiphones
not him but is the Epiphone Dot any good? wanna make it my next purchase

depends on the year. They have change the manufacturing country several times. The korean ones are nice. The chinese not so much.
Don't call him a shredder. He's way better than that. He doesn't play mindlessly.

About half of the cheaper Epiphones have great necks and thus make excellent modding/setup platforms.

If you want an SG looking guitar, look for Epiphone G400 in your local adds. In either faded finish or poly, both are good.
At the same time look for the same pedal in your locals.
For a practice amp, I guess that's fine. Though you can look up used ones too.

Personally I prefer other companies 335 versions, like Ibanez. That said, only epiphone gives you the 335 legit look.

Don't get that guitar it sucks.

Buy a used strat on craigslist, get a vox tube amp, tc electronics makes the best cheap pedals

who here synth guitar? youtube.com/watch?v=o3VgdpU2nEw

Is that guitar body on another guitar that isn't a FG signature model? I really like the contours of it.

Ed Sheeran

sure but a beginner doesn't want to do that stuff until later.

Do not order a cheap guitar online. There is a 50/50 chance it'll have a shit neck and will thus be complete shit no matter how much setup/modding you do to it.
If you have a friend who is an experienced guitarist, have them come shopping in person with you and have them pick out a cheap guitar with a good neck. A cheap guitar with a good neck makes a great blank canvas for further setup/modding. You can turn it into something that plays and sounds like a $2,000+ guitar. There's nothing you can do with a guitar with a shit neck other than replace the neck.

anyone know where to get a strat tremolo arm for a vintage style bridge? My guitar didn't come with one.

my brazilian computer blew up this morning

Anyone have a guitar style midi controller? I wanna get one

>shred=mindless
everyone laugh at the brainlet

I want to get a Fishman TriplePlay

Any online store should sell that. Just take notice of which one you need. As a rule of thumb, guitars made in asia tend to use metric and guitars made in usa tend to have in, for screws, distances and so on. A squier arm might not fight a Fender MIA one, and so on.

is it a good idea of buying one for my homestudio instead of learning keyboard/piano?

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun

who here likes that song

well i've got a keyboard but I can't be bothered getting good at it just want a guitar midi controller to put ideas down quickly

my dad likes it

Me.

better get a seaboard
also not guitar go to /prod/

time to suck dick in a corner for br monei

tfw end of neetdom

Why did Steve Clark have to die so soon? He had the best customs.

for buying? we still have the ace frehley signature customs

>plays and sounds like a $2,000+ guitar.
the pajeet is at it again.

does the /gg/ has a pedal/effects guide?

Well, in general. His solos were strong on Pyromania and High 'N' Dry.

That said, I did get a [spoiler]chink[/spoiler] replica of one of his guitars built a while back.

6k used, 8k new.
They look REALLY good though, I played one and damn, if I wasn't a cheap bitch and already had an LP I'd get one.

why their songs sound like midi?

youtube.com/watch?v=hfDkVeGc81s