Has anyone listened to these three albums in a row? I've seen some people calling them a trilogy...

Has anyone listened to these three albums in a row? I've seen some people calling them a trilogy, did you try to allocate 6 hours just to get through them?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/Rarestar/the-best-versions-of-all-canon-swans-releases/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm thinking of doing that one day if I know I won't have any social obligations and will be spending the whole day at the computer

The only way to truly understand the Swans discog is to listen to it all in one go

I hate Swans. I always have. That guy is a complete fucking waste. Just a total fucking waste of life as an opportunity to accomplish anything.

GG Allin had the balls to actually play with his own shit; Gira subjected his audience to the aural equivalent.

What have you found after doing that?

God

I already found Him at church, anything else?

The Glowing Man < The Seer < To Be Kind

they aren't a trilogy. just albums. do whatever you want.
no
This guy knows whats up

here is the proper fucking subjective and objective correct ranking you fucking plebs

The Seer > To Be Kind > The Glowing Man

This is the correctly ranking, anyone who says otherwise is a pleb

agreed

Deliquesence is the best Swans album of the 2010's

I actually didn't know about this album until earlier today, downloading now.

It's quite good, especially The Knot and The Glowing Man

Is it the best version of TGM? I've heard the studio version and the one on The Gate

swans suck except for SFTB

I've been meaning to but life got busy as soon as I made that decision :/

The Seer > The Glowing Man > To Be Kind

To Be Kind is their magnun opus

The only god is Mikey Gira...and he’s a crazy motherfucker.

t. soycuck fantano hater

It IS an evolution, that happened during the live shows. For example, the song "The Seer" evolved into "Bring the Sun" which evolved into "The Glowing Man".

>swans such hack they recycle same song twice ina row

The Seer = To Be King > The Glowing Man (it's still a 9/10 imo)

Maybe he just has different opinions.

By that logic painters like Picasso or Caravaggio had recycled their paintings 100 times in a row... It's called artistic evolution.

I love swans but I have a life that can’t relegate six hours out of my day to sit listening to three albums and stare at the wall

>pop music same as painitng xD

yes OP. by the time i was half way through the glowing man i was drumming along to the drone like i had found a spiritualistic rhythm through the albums progression

This.

The Seer >>>> the rest

New to Swans. Have listened to Filth and Soundtracks twice each, and the Seer and TBK once each, got a couple questions
Where next? Someone rec'd me Children of God but I haven't got to it yet
and I travel a fair amount, on the train into the city and out of it, I think I could listen to these long albums while riding the train and walking, any thoughts on that, as opposed to trying to focus on nothing but them for that long?

die of thirst in the desert while you listen to TBK and you'll be set

You know I actually live in Australia so it's not out of the question

And The Seer was an evolution of the Swans Are Dead version of I Crawled, which in turn was an evolution of the original I Crawled, one of their earliest songs. I'd love to hear them all remixed together some day.

Not a direct answer to your question, but this should help you on your journey
rateyourmusic.com/list/Rarestar/the-best-versions-of-all-canon-swans-releases/