NATO Sends 4,000 Troops to Poland and Baltic States, now Totaling 40,000+ in Number

So, what does Sup Forums think of this? Recently, the US has also begun to develop small scale nuclear weapons on fighter aircraft, as well. So, is the US/NATO justified in this, or are we now closer to a NATO v Russia conflict turning hot? Who is more likely to escalate tensions with Russa? Hillary, who hasn't seen an intervention she doesn't like? Trump, the inexperienced figurehead of the "New" GOP, as much of a misnomer as that is? Or, an anti-Russia NATO member, like Poland?
washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/14/nato-to-send-combat-ready-battalions-near-russian-border/

nytimes.com/2016/01/12/science/as-us-modernizes-nuclear-weapons-smaller-leaves-some-uneasy.html?_r=0

Other urls found in this thread:

euractiv.com/section/digital/news/nato-agrees-cyber-attack-could-trigger-military-response/
youtube.com/watch?v=L14GMtf8Vwk
kissanime.to/Anime/Naruto-Dub/Episode-001-Enter-Naruto-Uzumaki?id=103868
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4Hcr7XX3c
vimeo.com/18781528
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It could be anybody. And this anybody can pull the reason for a war out of thin air.
>euractiv.com/section/digital/news/nato-agrees-cyber-attack-could-trigger-military-response/

Remember two sides are playing this game. The Russians could have their own rogues looking to escalate tensions.

Alternatively the catalyst could come from an entirely unexpected direction like Serbia in WW1.

All we know is that sides are firming up, and battle lines are being drawn in the South China Sea and in Eastern Europe.

I suspect that things will become more dangerous in a couple more years after better ICBM defense systems have been brought online.

Putin's Russia could "steamroll" NATO forces in just five days, winning a quick victory in the Baltics that would drag Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania — and perhaps even Poland — kicking and screaming behind a new Iron Curtain.

This is what EU wanted, to fight the bear

>mfw Cold War 2 = Space Race 2

they can have all the artillery and tech in the world. the only issuee is what the fuck are they fighting about. whats the casus belli

kek

>Recently, the US has also begun to develop small scale nuclear weapons on fighter aircraft, as well.

havent we had that for years?

anyway, proofs, etc.

Remember, Estonia.

If something happens there with Russia, it's WW3. Just trust me.

Michael Carpenter, deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia, Ukraine, and Eurasia, told Congress he agreed with a think tank study that concluded NATO could not currently defend the Baltic States against a lightning Russian military campaign. The report says the three tiny countries, which collectively muster 11 battalions of mostly lightly armed troops, are no match for the 46 battalions of tanks, mechanized infantry, paratroops, marines, artillery, surface-to-surface missile, and attack helicopters Russia has stationed in the region.

Is this not the military excersise Cuckmany was moaning about because it coincided with the 70th anniversary of Barbarossa? In other words no big deal.

>nato-agrees-cyber-attack-could-trigger-military-response
>we could meme a war
what a wonderful world we live in

>I suspect that things will become more dangerous in a couple more years after better ICBM defense systems have been brought online.

This. It's gonna be glorious, and probably very similar to pic related

What's Estonia gonna be? Another country whom the US promised protection, but then dumped as soon as any real threat from Russia emerged?

Keep peddling your 2nd hand weapons to the butthurt-belt, but I'm pretty sure even the most retared people there know nobody's actually going to war over them, if they provoke Russia.

>4k troops

Holy shot thats massive, real happenings about to happen... not

yes we have, it's called the B61.

they must be referring to make it a smart bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=L14GMtf8Vwk

We could meme the war to end all wars.
I look forward to it.

Global economic control via military power. China, the US and Russia are all in the same game.

Russia is heavily burdened with economic sanctions at the moment because the US fears an increase in their power. Simultaneously this is a source of tension between the US and Russia. China sees itself as future global hegemon. The conflict over the South China see is partly about China projecting force over South-east Asia and also about extending their economic exclusion zone.

The same tensions exist here as in virtually all conflicts.

>We could meme the war to end all wars.
I'm counting on you on this one Australia

They're making sure that when martial law is declared there's no one here to help us.

I think it's time we stop children what's that sound everybody look what's goin' round

There is nothing glorious about war.

I don't doubt Russia could steamroll the Baltic states. I doubt it would draw them behind another Iron Curtain though. More likely it would immediately escalate to WW3 with the first, small points going to Russia.

And of course a reason to block internet communication between us. Let's hope it never comes to that.

>Abrams, Leo 2s, Challys, and Leclercs facing off against T-90s and T-14s
>F-15s, Eurofighters, and F/A-18E/Fs going toe to toe with Flankers
>F-16s going toe to toe with MiGs
>Los Angeles Subs going against Soviet Subs
>A-10 vs Su-25 comparisons
>Apaches killing everything in sight

MY BODY IS ABSOLUTELY READY

Yea, but they're planning on modernizing the nuclear arsenal. Things are getting so old that it's very expensive to produce specialty parts to maintain old hardware that goes back to the 60's.

The big worry is that if we start developing smaller and more accurate nuclear weapons, then they might conceivably be put into action.
It's kind of dumb though, because if they become small and accurate enough to actually be used, their yield will be so low that you may as well just use conventional bombs.

Nice proxy you got there, leaf.

I don't understand where you're getting the implication that I'm Canadian. What I said was genuine.

Baltics, Balkans and the other Slavic Countries are Russian and rightful Russian land. Siberia is useless

>Mass casualties as commanders aren't ready or experienced for conventional war with this technology
>WWI all over again
no thanks

Its cold war posturing. We took a break for a little bit, but were back at it. Ukraine and Syria are cold war proxy wars. Expect this to go on for the rest of your life.

Imagine, a sudden incursion of "Russian speaking" men in green uniforms popping up in Estonia.
Ignore the fact that they are Ukrainians, Georgians, Poles, and assorted US mercs, they will be paraded through the media as "little green men".
The shitstorm will be unbelievable. The casus belli undeniable.
The question is when? After the NATO summit in Warsaw next month? October to give Hillary a bump to the top? Next year, during the Russian election, when they think their leadership is distracted like they have done before?
This war is practically here. Its just a matter of timing.

Sure, buddy.

>Shock and Awe campaign dismantles Russia fairly quickly
>Just like Iraq

Russia would destroy NATO troops in less than 60 hours

Soldiers will never be massed in the field like in WW1 again.

>Putin's Russia could "steamroll" NATO forces in just five days, winning a quick victory in the Baltics that would drag Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and perhaps even Poland

Russia would have to do something to try and force a peace treaty after taking the Baltics, because once NATO forces mobilized it would be just a matter of time before Putin's army got its asshole reamed by a cactus.

FUCK RUSSIA
FUCK RUSSIA
FUCK RUSSIA
FUCK RUSSIA

FUCK RUSSIA
FUCK
RUSSIA

Don't vote Trump anymore. Hillary is our only chance to step foot on Mars

>Recently, the US has also begun to develop small scale nuclear weapons on fighter aircraft

What

This is literally nothing new

>You'll be home before the leaves have fallen from the trees

>Hitler says "the war will be over before Christmas"

everyone knows Willy's better

If reports of millions of men start popping up ill worry. Germany crossed with 4 million. Id want at least 10 to cross that line.

Us military are a bunch of dumb faggots. Go kill white Christians and let the niggers swarm your nation goyim

Russia>>>>>Iraq in geographic size, numbers, and weapons
Besides, they'll just blitzkrieg back
I'm not saying they'll be mowed down by machine guns, but what about all these advanced aircraft and cruise missiles? And I bet soon drones will have a much larger role on the battlefield, not just in the air.

Mmmm, I forgot how good Abrams look in woodland paint.

Sexy.

Moscow is rightful Ukrainian clay.

>These memes, so terible and awesome were like none the world had ever seen before. Truly, this was the face of Modern Warfare 4: Cold War ++

Who cares, we have Naruto.

kissanime.to/Anime/Naruto-Dub/Episode-001-Enter-Naruto-Uzumaki?id=103868

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4Hcr7XX3c

>totaling 40,000

Because we all know 40k soldiers is the magic number to soak up the blast of a nuclear explosion

Russia can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants because its the only country willing to pull the nuclear trigger

This.

People don't realize that 40k in the tiny regions of eruope is literally fucking nothing.

It's PR, nothing more. Hope russians stay calm and don't react to this bullshit.

>but what about all these advanced aircraft and cruise missiles?

It would make more sense to target the aircraft and missile launching systems than troops on the ground.

This is an entirely antiquated viewpoint.

I could see sides fighting for aerial dominance and then bombing the other into oblivion. I guess if Surface-to-Air defense systems are effective enough though ground troops may have their place.

ww3 imminent

Thank god there isn't a wall, I can escape to Mexico if they declare war.

>Russia
>calm

You better hope Poland can hold

Nobody really cares about a bear who is getting gored from below by whatever animal mexicans use for a Pinyata and from above by a bunch of moosefucker leafs lol.

40k is nothing

Anyone that has a vague, even wikipedia-tier timeline in their head knows every century has at least one major, large-scale war. Race-war alarmists are dumb because there is no central organization to any particular race, but WW3 isn't unlikely because all it takes is the will of someone at the head of a superpower to illegally expand/invade. Considering Putin's irredentism up until now, it wouldn't even be surprising if Eastern Europe sincerely is where WW3 starts. It'll be that, East Asia, or both.

Why estonia, latvia is much shittier and easier to deal with

It's literally fucking nothing.

This is still a tiny fraction of the forces we had in Europe during the Cold War.

If anything this decreases the chance of war by increasing deterrence, although Russia could probably still push all the way to Berlin without meeting much resistance if they wanted to.

The jew is so arrogant it risks nuclear war just to create it's vision of a unified jew controlled world. China and Russia aren't having it though. This whole situation wont end well.

How popular is Winny Puhh in your country?

Russian Chinese alliance wins. Europe is occupied and divided into satellite states. Iran is the big winner in the middle east. US implodes Austria Hungary style.

Putin would just point his 7500 nukes at the EU and America and demand they stand down. If they refuse, his alliance with China could overpower NATO forces with their nuke count.

Strategically the east is more powerful. Financially the west is. The jew owns our societies and it has vast sums of wealth, but the Russkies have power. They have more nukes than anyone, and they have an extremely powerful ally in China, which is rapidly approaching the financial power of the US.

Underestimating Putin's Russian and China will be fatal for the jew.

I can't wait to kill some ruskies. Hopefully chinks too.

Thread reminder to watch Threads.
vimeo.com/18781528

NObody gonna fight russia over estonia.

>"strong deterrence is the best way to prevent a war.”

If this is nothing but PR, I would rather there be training exercises in Canada, than along Russia's border. After all, Russia has nothing to lose; their economy is in complete shambles and is only still functioning because Russia is a major natural gas exporter.

And how many troops do you think the pro-Russia separatists have? They've allegedly only been getting material support from Russia, but have been able to fend off against the Ukrainian military for quite sometime. If that's a similar story with the Baltic states, Russia could easily stride into striking distance of Warsaw or Berlin, should they start escalating as well.

Serve your jewish masters well burger, maybe they'll throw you a bone. Worthless slave, our countries are completely overrun by the parasite. Why would you fight for them?

>what is article five

once Trump restructures NATO, Russia will annex the Baltic and Belarus

Here's how most wars would work nowdays:

1. One side quickly captures lots of land and then goes into peace talks.

2. One side attacks and neither side backs down until there's a limited nuclear exchange. Both sides go into peace talks.

3. Full on nuclear war.

Source: My ass

China is smart enough to stay out of it and let two rivals clobber each other.

Russia looses its spagettis and invades litva.

Russia cyber war division fucks up a nato member country.

Russia spildieres once again enter a country by acident.

Russia murders once again civilians useing a comrcial airliner. Mh 17.

Russia murders again civilians in a baltic state.

Yeah we will. NATO member. If we don't defend Estonia, NATO will be dissolved at that time.

Even if Obama decided to be a chickenshit, you know all those Eastern Euro countries would band together and fight. And in all seriously, Ukraine + Poland + Romania + Estonia + Bulgaria + Latvia + probably Norway and Netherlands (and maybe even Finland now that it's not an official NATO op) would be more than enough to deal with Russia.

Russia can barely handle Ukraine. With oil prices down, Russia doesn't have a lot of cash and their military is kinda in shitty shape.

Well if I'm being honest I'd rather have russian rule than than hundreds of thousands of "refugees" in my country. The refugees rape more and have a bigger army.

>>what is article five

A meme, no one gonna move a finger over butthurt belt .

Wouldn't Russian forces just disable the European military, leaving US by itself ?

A vatnik dreaming.

More like the NATO units alrady stationd in poland would fight a reatreat battel while russia gets it ass handet by incursions on its on soil from the north, south and east.

Vodka niggers can barrly field 400.000 troops now. Far outnumbrd by nato forces.

Vodka niggrs are btfo.

Can't wait until the war kicks off so I can join Russia and kill some cuckmericans

Yes. Britain might be saved by the US Navy unless I'm underestimating the capability of Russian airborne logistics.

The US would be forced to fight Russia and China in multiple theaters. The US would essentially be Germany in the previous world wars. The best part is Europe has no capability of mounting a partisan force so Russian occupation is largely unopposed.

Get the fuck out of my country.

Plus you can count on the russians to leave eventually. Same can't be said with traitors and islam.

U mean germany

... why is a german writing such bad english?

I don't think who gets points matters once WWIII is initiated. If it comes to dad, we are all dead.

Genuinely gay.

MUH RUSSIAN AGRESSION

Russias economy in shambles? That is funny.

Back in 2009, when Oil was low, Russia had no sanctions on it at all, and was trading as is, its economy dropped by close to 9%. Last year, after heavy sanctions, no access to foreign capital in borrowing (biggest point here) and low oil prices, it dropped by 3.7%. Oil and gas account for only 20% of Russias actual GDP. Oil rent is only 14%. Russia's economy is now transitioning away from simply exports to local demand, hence import substitution. Since Russia, like US, is a heavy consumer of goods. Which, also not so surprisingly enough, is the major reason for Russias economic drop - its spenders were witholding spending and lack of investments. This hurt them quite a bit. Rest is simple BS since they still operate at a positive trade balance.

No, cause China knows they would be next. So they will provide what is needed to Russia to extend the war, if Russia ever needed it. Partisan fighters from China could flood.

I swear to fucking god if we go to war again over fucking Poland...

Mobilized what? Russia currently outnumbers in equipment everything else in Europe, so the only credible thing would be if an Aussie, American force tried another D-Day. Europe is hollowing out it's defense to pay for it's social programs in ways that are simply ridiculous. The idea that Russia could reach France before the USA could amass troops to counteract them is perfectly possible.

Russia's forces is roughly 800,000 with NCO corps counted. Russias paramilitary (including national guard now) is higher.

Russia's military is divided up between 4 areas. Western district, eastern, southern and northern. Western district is heavily fortified. Recently there was a move of 3 divisions (so roughly 30,000) in short period to west to assist the already current 60,0000 units. In time of war, due to conscription that exists in Russia, 2M can be drafted quite quickly. Since conscription exists, these guys would already have some basic training which says a lot more than us.

Consistent with the Customs Agent Note about using deployment to prevent the military from stopping an out-of-control government.

So, you figure Russia is going to go largely unopposed as America struggles to make any actual commitment toward its allies?

If it comes to that, I would assume that the US would remain semi-neutral, like in WW2, and only start putting troops on the ground when we inevitably get attacked on American soil.

Our military is fucking gutted as well, I think it's safe to say Russia would be essentially unopposed if they decided to invade Europe.

Russia, you needs plan to stop being such shit.

-Introduce Georgist LVT and a VAT Fairtax system with good benefits if children, with demographs find ideal number per women to recover population and then lead to stabilization so that the number provides most tax benefit. Make it by racial group so that muslims keep breeding like rabbits they get hit harder by tax, and make it so more benefits comes to subdivisions with small densities.
-Repeat Worgl experiment and make a bunch of local currencies for each sub-division of Russia, making rubles be only inter-local currency exchange tool. Let value float vs Ruble so ruble trouble means little to local people.
-Increase taxes on alcohol and cigarettes. Introduce health and addiction initiative, like propaganda and needle exchange program.
-go industry by industry which make up the imports of Russia and begin to reinforce, or outright form them as to reduce Russian dependence on them.
-Stop prosecuting bribe-givers and instead protect them so that bribe-recievers get whacked. Additionally, make the bribe-reciever get stuck with a fine equal to 1.25 the amount asked, with the bribe money being given back to the bribe-giver. Give immunity or otherwise reduce liability to anyone that reports and proves corruption, regardless of involvement (Hong Kong being perfect example).
-Streamline all the processes and make mandatory maximums for certain decisions. Corruption in Russia, comes mostly from the ability of officials to arbitrary fuck people over.
-Putin must begin to spread out his political power as wide as possible and as soon as possible, otherwise the oligarchs will take over again and his corporatist gamble to make Russia rise again will have failed. Corruption as an acceptable sideffect of making Russia not be meat for vulture is no longer a valid strategy. Liberalize and decentralize power, or Russia will collapse like the USSR did once the political shocks comes.