What do you think of the original title? Which is more fitting? Does the Jedi return, or get revenge?

What do you think of the original title? Which is more fitting? Does the Jedi return, or get revenge?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xhug3n_nuit-star-wars-jingle-cinema-septembre-2001-canal_webcam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The original had cooler posters.

Love that poster. Mom got me an original copy of it for Xmas a few days back.

Revenge sounds inherently evil and dark, Retribution of the Jedi may have worked but feels too wordy. Reemergence... eh, Return is fine.

Considering Luke used vengeance to defeat Vader and embraced the dark side a bit: this title is more suiting.

Who was in the wrong here?

Revenge doesn't sound compatible with Jedi, and not as sympathetic either

Reminder that Luke's green saber was almost blue in this movie. Its blue in the trailer, and blue in most promotional art. It was only changed because it blended in with the sky during the fight scene on Jabba's airship.

>"Oh, I'm afraid the Special Edition will be quite altered by the time my fans arrive"

I think green looks better

darth vader lightsaber is blue and luke's is red!?

Revenge could have been a really cool movie, if Lucas didn't have such a hard on for Ewoks.

The Jedi don't return tho. There are less Jedi at the end of the movie than at the beginning.

>Return of the JEDI
>Revenge of the SITH

honestly its perfect.

Is it wrong if I actually prefer the special edition track at the end to Yub Nub? I think Hayden's face looks stupid as fuck on Sebastian's body, and I prefer the original Jabba palace song, but I never really liked Yub Nub.

Originally Luke and Vader dropped both of their lightsabers they picked each other's lightsabers up during the confusion

Revenge. As we see with The Force Awakens, the Jedi never returned. Vader did get revenge and redeem himself though. I actually like that he appeared as young Anakin the Jedi Master in the end.

The 1997 version has the special edition score, but no Hayden at the end. Unfortunately, I think it has the new Jabba's palace track, and Vader's "NOOO" at the end.

How would you fix ROTJ so it's on the same level as the other two?

Go to 03:07 in this video:

dailymotion.com/video/xhug3n_nuit-star-wars-jingle-cinema-septembre-2001-canal_webcam

Lucas had really stupid ideas for the ending. Luke was supposed to decapitate Vader like he did during his vision in Empire Strikes Back, and then put on his helmet and say "Now, I am vader." or some shit like that.

Return, because it's about Anakin returning to the Jedi

that would have been kino, it's like poetry

Remove the Ewok scenes, and replace it with some gritty, guerilla warfare. Maybe have the rebels dig some trenches like they did on Hoth. Also, a second death star is a bit lazy.

not from the sake of the movies.
If you knew the lore behind star wars, then you'd know all the fighting and the relative destruction of the Sith that warranted the "revenge" in Episode III.

but thinking strictly in the contexts of the movies, the wars of the Old Republic that crushed the Sith were somewhat hinted, but never really shown or explained. Thus, those of us who know better realize that Episode III is a "revenge", but people who only watched the prequel trilogy and nothing else don't really know what the "revenge" is about. It looks far more like the Return of the Sith.

Meanwhile, we HAVE seen the destruction of the Jedi. We saw how broken they became, so it makes sense for theirs to be a "Revenge" rather than just a return. Especially as they don't really return; Luke is really the ONLY Jedi. That's not really a return. It's more of a revenge for the events that we'd eventually see in Episode III.

its already above the other two.....said only me. why do people hate ewoks so much?

That's cool as fuck.

Darth Vader's lightsaber was blue in the very first concept art drawn

mark hamil is always cool

It's just ridiculous watching them defeat stormtroopers with rocks and sticks, and also they were literally created to sell toys.

I think you might be autistic.

what year was this ?

1000% this. It's clever as fuck.

>not seeing the pure witful subtlety involved with "Return"

They were losing until Chewie hijacked an AT-ST iirc.

I think there also has to be something better for Han and Leia to do than opening a door.

But yeah, the only real huge flaws in ROTJ are the Ewoks and Death Star 2.0.

>return of the jedi
>obi wan doesnt show up with yoda and murder everybody.

>Revenge of the Jedi
>Uses screencap from Cloud City fight
lol great poster