So by now I am sure most of you have heard Legendary Pictures acquired the rights to Dune

So by now I am sure most of you have heard Legendary Pictures acquired the rights to Dune.

With them they can can either produce TV of film.

Denis Villeneuve expected to direct the product and, it pains me to learn, Brian Herbert will serve as an executive producer.

Will Brian manage to fuck this up and tarnish it as badly as he did with the shitty prequel and sequel novels? Expectations for Denis?

Will they pander to SJWs?

>black Lady Jessica
>trans Chani

all they need now is Jodorowsky trying to crash the set and claiming that his vision is superior and they should let him direct.

I really hope it just remains in creative limbo forever. I have witnessed the degradation by Hollywood of so many things I have come to love over the years. Just spare us a Dune reboot. Just let people pretend the original movie never existed, and let people just read the book instead.

Hollywood has made me so fucking bitter by raping our culture. Please God, strike down these greedy bastards before they can ruin Dune.

>black Lady Jessica
>trans Chani
I'm confident that they will ripoff the recent SW films and I'm saying that as a good thing. Mainly british main cast. Fremen are already muslims, that's already "progressive" enough for any liberal right? Plenty of powerful females. It should meet the quota right away. I'm just afraid they'll cast that scrawny little fuck from Ender's Game as Paul (the most up and coming fantasy actor).

Is legendary numale shit?

>Jodorowsky

You drank that kool-aid huh?

I can only hope you're right, but Paul is noted as being kinda scrawny anyways so it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

The story just doesn't translate very well into a visual format. When half of the story is stuff like "...but while she was talking her upper left eyelid twitched .253 microns, which Paul understood to mean that she actually meant such-and-such" it really limits the way you can express what's going on to an outside audience without watering the entire thing completely down.

And the literary style is one of Dune's greatest strengths as well

There's also no good way to put Paul's experience with prescience to film

Who cares when we already have this?

I hope it ends up being a tv show like game of thrones. It's got too much world building to properly do as a movie

Is the Director's Cut much better?

>I hope it ends up being a tv show like Game of thrones

Oh God. So I can watch my favourite novel get raped and pleb'd down for the masses on an extended basis.

Please no.

Yes, the director's cut has Chani's big naked tiddies fully exposed

As long as we get the sequel train to stop at god emperor I'll be happy.

nope if it has any success then it'll go right through to the terrible prequels done by his son.

>tfw genuinely liked Lynch's movie more than the books

I always imagined Chani as a loli (because muslim). That woman looks 40.

Excellent, just ordered it.

Had to make it legal for TV user, but yes Chani is quite young in the books, 12 or 13 iirc

I think she's played by come Czech or Romanian in the miniseries, all the fremen are which gives them more of gypsy vibe than a straight muslim one.

I really enjoy their use of actors from different regions of europe with different accents in the miniseries which would make sense for a galactic society.

as opposed to raped in a movie?

>outside of the Sietch without hood and facemask

But yeah I definitely enjoyed the mini series more direct adaptation approach and the casting was pretty darn good.

Ian McNeice played a really good Baron and they didn't hide the fact he was a pedo homo.

Because it was trying not to be one of the dullest franchises in the history of books franchises. Each volume following the Muad'Dib and his orbiters from the Fremen as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the sandy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of written prose, all to make Spice unspiced, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Herbert Letoed the idea of Lucas directing the adaptation; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody - just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books. The Dune series might be anti-Roman (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Lord of the Rings series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "rode a sandworm."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred times. I was incredulous. Herbert's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Dune by J.K. Rowling. She wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Dune at 31 or 32, then when they get older they will go on to read J.K. Rowling." And she was quite right. She was not being ironic. When you read "Dune" you are, in fact, trained to read J.K. Rowling.

>genuinely liked Lynch's movie

Nothing wrong with this, it's an incredible trip

>more than the books

I don't mean to be rude but you should kill yourself you worthless sack of walking shit.

I love this copy pasta, what was the rowling version of that? "stretched his legs" or something?

>Brian Herbert
Stop raping your father's corpse you faggot!