Sam Harris praises Trump, condemns Hillary and Obama

youtube.com/watch?v=auAWT0TNcfg

Harris has publicly supported Clinton. This is the first time I've heard him praise Trump for being the only major American political figure that specifically focuses on how mainstream Islam is inculcated with intolerance to the point of violence against people with lifestyles counter to Islamic doctrine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FF6X0GEYnBU
blog.gaiam.com/quotes/authors/sam-harris/57817
youtube.com/watch?v=kdDo1A7EsyM
youtu.be/2pbRNSMkDDc
shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/neuroscientist-sam-harris/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw
evolution-institute.org/article/here-he-goes-again-sam-harriss-falsehoods/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

BASED Jew.

I have always had respect for this man.

See my favorite video of this man:

youtube.com/watch?v=FF6X0GEYnBU

bump

>tfw all the biggest atheists are getting redpilled and primarily targeting islam now

They should be able to become red-pilled very quickly if they are smart and can correctly analyze world events.

>Jew
Atheist, in fact.
He has slammed jews for their dogma in the past as well.
Albeit not nearly as strongly as with Islam. (for good reason)

His defense of apartheid Israel is pretty shit imo.

Hitch would've liked Trump too.

they were always red pilled on islam. they were the first ones to do so

bump

Dawkins is such an obnoxious twat.
He's correct.
But he will never get far in marketing his ideas being a sarcastic intellectual bully. He just puts a target on his back.

More effective are calmly and succinctly stating your argument, pointed sophistry, or using analogies.

Harris advocated for a world government in "The End of Faith":

blog.gaiam.com/quotes/authors/sam-harris/57817

Thoughts, Harrisfags?

Found the mad christcuck.

Calm down you illiterate.
I'm atheist.
Reread the second line of my post.

>10000 years in the future after the great Muslim war the world unites in peace

Yeah I can see it.

Damn Dawkins is the king of bantz. I want to be his disciple.

He looks like the actor Ben Stiller

"A Common Enemy Can Unite Even the Greatest of Foes"
~ user

>apartheid
Ayyyrab detected

Despite the way the way Trump's speech may sound when you take snippets of it out, the way he talks about Islamic terrorism/radicals isn't that far off.

You may hate the blunt approach of banning all Muslims temporarily, but he kind of makes it clear that it's a subsection of the Muslim world that is awful. He's mentioned Saudi Arabia in the past which almost no politician will admonish publicly.

they are cousins

Only Dawkins seems to be truly red pilled (i.e. he understands that Christianity is inherently superior to Islam in its current form, regardless of its historical validity.) Most other atheists tend to just try to claim that Christianity and Islam are equally bad.

I don't think his desire for world government is in reference to taking on global Islam. He just philosophically believes in a world government.

Come to the right side, Harris. Leftists are retarded.

>now

Liberal atheists have been speaking out against Islam for over a decade. The reason why you guys never noticed is because they speak out against ALL religions for the same reasons.

emphasis is key though.
And the tide is starting to turn against the true problem child amongst the problem chldren

How long until you think Harris loses half of his followers for doing this?

where does it say in the Qur'an to kill gay people tho?

Isn't his whole premise basically that geopolitics plays zero role in determining the behaviour of middle eastern countries though?
Because nearly all religions are anti-gay including christianity in the west, but we advanced quicker than the middle east, obliterated them in several wars, completely broke up the ottoman empire which is a massive setback in nearly every regards to progress (progress within the country itself I mean), and worked toward creating secular nations.
I find the idea of blaming islam for the problems over there seems pretty ridiculous. Christianity was equally as entwined in our government at many points in history but we have never encountered any large setbacks like they have so secularism grew. The bible still has all those homophobic writings in it, people just tend to ignore it.

In the Hadith.

So based to be a jew
Dawkins literally is refined version of Sup Forums.

Pretty hard to mount a condemnation of Harris after you hear the audio (recorded a few days before the attack) of the Orlando Imam instructing that all gays deserve a death sentence.

The people that adhere to a fixed mindset whereby the act pointing out that there is a problem of intellectual repression or entitlement that is endemic or universal within a specific culture, even when backed up with numerous public examples, is automatically viewed as prejudiced bigotry--these people will never listen to Harris's arguments, only react to his perceived character flaws.

>yfw this man will never speak on today's events

press F, etc.

I do too in the event all subhumans are wiped out and we unite towards the stars.

You underestimate the stupidity of leftists.

Pretty much this. We should figure ourselves out before we reach for the stars though. Humanity has this little bitch called hubris. We get ahead of ourselves. We don't even collectively understand a very important truth about the true nature of reality: reality is subjective as much (see: equally) as objective. Our perception is as much reality as that which we perceive. 2 sides of the same coin etc.

not zero role, just not nearly as large as some people claim.

I recently shared your viewpoint.
What convinced me is when he pointed out numerous examples of how many violent Islamic terrorists were exceedingly well educated and spent many years in secular democratic western nations...and yet they still carried out attacks on innocent people. This would seem to diminish the impact of their geopolitical history of oppression.

The fact is that while all major religions have those intolerant and repressive text passages, in current islamic teaching, they are codified, instructed and reinforced much more than in other major sects.

The reach and influence of reacting violently to those who go against islam is disproportionate to all other religious intolerant teaching.

>More effective are calmly and succinctly stating your argument,
Yeah, no. They'll call you a racist and move on.

In a way I'm happy he never saw how bad things got

This is a huge part of the problem. The left, who should be united against any form of religious encroachment into government, just roll over when it comes to Islam. They have no problem smacking Christians for the most inconsequential shut, but turn a blind eye to the absolute shit-show that happens in every single country, province, town, or community in the world where Islam becomes the majority religion.

>there isn't a resurgent Extreme version of Islam destroying the secular institutions of once modern Muslim countries
>This isn't being emboldened by extreme cowardice and lack of moral clarity to call it out

They can't offend anything muslims they need the votes, same with all shitskin malfeasance, the left just cannot afford the lost votes

Those people would still be influenced by their geography though. They're going to school in the west to prove their own mindset that was established in them by their upbringing in another country. They most likely would not interact a great deal with people in the west. Leeching off advanced countries has always been a thing, it doesn't change a person's ideologies unless they specifically seek it out, which most will not do.
Also Charlemagne had codified, legalized edicts against homosexuality. He was one of the first leaders in the west to end the age of indifference toward homosexuality among Christians. Before that homosexuality existed, christians didn't exactly like it, but because nobody really cared about it so everyone did it anyway. There are also numerous other Christian leaders that did similar edicts, basically on-par to shariah law.

I have a hard time seeing this as Islam's fault moreso it's the result of an area of the world with limited economic importance, a history of failed wars due to being on the opposite side of the countries with a huge economic advantage, and about 1500 years of slower progress than western countries fueled by a "leeching" ideology where they just sit back and gradually uptake all of the wests advancements which has become easier to accomplish due to modern globalism.

F

Why is he so based?

Even allowing for that influence, which is a slippery slope when you start attributing direct cause-and-effect scenarios to varied economic, ethnic, natural resources and climactic circumstances which would leave you susceptible to confirmation bias, you must still acknowledge the need for ACCOUNTABILITY.

It is easy to connect a direct line to the disproportionate number of islamic terrorist actions and their religious convictions and their indoctrination of intolerance for other lifestyles.

It is ludicrous to suggest that we should excuse Jamal from robbing the liquor store because his great-great-great-great grandmother was deprived of all human rights and dignity. Law and order doesn't work that way. When Christian terrorism TODAY outweighs or even approaches islamic terrorism then talk to me.

that stroke really redpilled him

Only because he's an islamophobe that can't be unbiased on this issue. He would support Hitler had he been against Islam.

He's hates Trump and tells people to support Hillary. My favorite quote from this is "Trump can rape a girl (some stupid shit like that) and he can get away it because his supporters don't care."

youtube.com/watch?v=kdDo1A7EsyM

>b-but Harris is based though

Dawkins is indeed redpilled, but he still votes for Shillary.
On the other hand, we have some intellectuals like thunderf00t, Marilyn Manson etc.

I never said or implied that he completely flipped.
Just acknowledge the change in tone in his most recent remarks.

That's progress for you Trump faggots.

He really must be so smart to change is mind in just two weeks and it took Orlando for this hack to see Trump was right all along about Islam. Next week Harris will say something about Trump being too inflammatory and that calling out Islam isn't so enough so vote for Hillary goyim

Rant about Hillary getting a child rapist off the hook at the very start.
youtu.be/2pbRNSMkDDc

I bet Harris still thinks Hillary is qualified and a nice person.

They always attacked Islam you moron

Harris is a neocon globalist. I like how he tries to hide this so hard but shills against Trump 24/7 on Twitter. Whats worse he's considered "intelligent" by leftists atheist retards when his PhD in Neuroscience is laughed at by real scientist: shadowtolight.wordpress.com/2015/01/07/neuroscientist-sam-harris/
total fraud

It was so embarrassingly ironic is that Harris says Trump can get away with murder but he says this without realizing that Hillary is literally getting away with a huge crime let alone her other shady shit and her supporters are the actual nihilist that don't care even if they witnessed with their eyes Hillary murdering a child

he says Trump knows nothing about economics. Here's Trump giving a talk to the congress on Economic recovery. He knows more than your average economist that writes for NY Times:
youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw

How can you get away with saying totally ignorant things like this. unbelievable what a delusional hack this guy is..

Those two podcasts made me take Harris much much less seriously.

very ironic indeed.

>he took funding from an abandoned atheist think tank and he was on the board.
Do you expect poultry experiments to be funded by the dairy board?
>He didn't have time to get an expensive and time consuming MRI tech certification just to conduct the experiment he helped design, analyze and publish.
Wow, I guess the whole PhD is illegitimate then, it's not like that link is just a desperate hit piece by religious activists.

>How can you get away with saying totally ignorant things like this. unbelievable what a delusional hack this guy is..

Who Trump or Harris?

Sam Harris is a filthy fucking kike and a hilary shill.

I'm so fucking sick of neo-pol

There are no based kikes.

>intellectuals like thunderf00t, Marilyn Manson etc.
Sarcasm?

it would be cooler to hear hitchen's opinion.
goddamnit.

Harris, of course.
>it's not like that link is just a desperate hit piece by religious activists.
Of course Harris is a flawless genius which is why his work is cited in so many Neuroscience journals. Only a religious person could find flaws in his PhD.
evolution-institute.org/article/here-he-goes-again-sam-harriss-falsehoods/
> As Pat Churchland surmised: “There is not one single example in [Harris’s work] of what we have learned from neuroscience that should impact our moral judgments regarding a particular issue. There may EXIST examples, but he does not provide any.” (personal communication 2/24/11; see also the fMRI work by our neuroeconomics team lead by Greg Berns in the theme issue on “The Biology of Conflict,” PHILOSOPHICAL TRANSACTIONS OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY,
Nice cherrypicking btw
>There are no based kikes.
umm pic related. And Milo

This is surprising to hear from him after that last Joe Rogan show where he went on about Trump being horrible.

>Harris, of course.

I kinda thought so, but your wording had me a little confused

Sorry

I'm apt to agree with you, but I can make temporary exceptions. Ben "Little Man" Shapiro used to be an exception, but this past year has proved to me he's just another zionist kike. Sam Harris up to this point has remained based, this of course can change, but so far he's proved himself worthy of the title.

People always bring this shit up. The criticisms leveled against Harris are from moral philosophers who feel like his book, The Moral Landscape, reads like a dilettante's encroachment into their world. It doesn't apply to literally everything he's done, just that one book.

Hitch was a neo-con so probry would support Hillary

Feels. I wish he was here to doll out Hitch slaps.

He decided to concentrate on writing about philosophy and religion after attaining his PhD. His choice.

Honestly, if you want to fault anyone for Harris being credentialed, fault his thesis advisors and the board that granted it.

Le PoseurPhilosopher.jpg

I'll never understand why there are conservatives wo llike Hitchens

>fault his thesis advisors and the board that granted it.
>he
>Has 6 co-authors for his thesis

Hitchens was very much pro the Iraq invasion

Right and that makes him a conservative. BTW Sam Harris and Dawkins were against the Iraq war

why cant all jews be like a sam harris???

That exchange was the academic equivalent of e-peen measuring.

His scientific background and dilletante-ish explorations inform his writings on philosophy and religion. He doesn't spend time conducting specific experiments and publishing papers because that would narrow his energy, reach and purview. His job is to contemplate, analyze, synthesize and disseminate knowledge and information. How many papers has Neil Degrasse Tyson published lately?

>Islamaphobia is a word made to create confusion
Kind of like how the word racist is, Sam?

Harris seemed to think he held a more nuanced position on the Iraq invasion. He was for drone bombings because we tortured prisoners. Ass backwards to me.

Legend

Listening to the video in the OP right now only five minutes in but everything this guy is saying is complete truth. I hope normies hear this video.

Harris has always spoke against Islam. Most atheist say all religions are equally bad. I'm with Harris in thinking they all suck but Islam is by far the most dangerous

I'd say I'm more of a modern conservative. Not religious and pretty socially tolerant, fiscally conservative and highly critical of progressive liberal lunacy.

>Hey Atheists, all religions suck right?
>Yeah, except Islam.
>Why that one?
>Oh my god, I can't even right now. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

F

I am never smoking again. Thanks for the lesson, Hitch.

Nevermind I just got to the part in the video where he pulls not only the recism card but fascist card and call's Trump's candidacy preposterous.
Into the trash it goes.

>How many papers has Neil Degrasse Tyson published lately?
you just proved my point
>philosophy and religion.
yeah but he's criticized even more in the area of Philosophy even by Daniel Dennett, Pat Churchland, etc
>His job is to contemplate, analyze, synthesize and disseminate knowledge and information.
He should stop calling himself a Neuro"scientist". Scientist actually research and try to conduct new experiments and advance knowledge pertaining to their field
>His job is to contemplate, analyze, synthesize and disseminate knowledge and information.
What is that job title and how does it involve giving his unlettered opinions on economic policies of Presidential candidates

>Isn't his whole premise basically that geopolitics plays zero role in determining the behaviour of middle eastern countries though?

No. His argument is that it makes a bad situation worse. You'll find, if you look for a while, quotes where he says something like "Is there anybody who honestly believes that the fact that the Israelo Palestinian conflict is also a religious one makes thing better, that things would be just as bad were it not also a cosmic conflict?"

Rujoking hitch hated the clintons

BASED DAWKINS

This is a time for solidarity for all Americans (and British!) We atheists need to work with Christians. Whether you believe in God or not, you believe in freedom and liberty and these Muslims do not.

>you just proved my point
Harris is a philosopher
>he's criticized even more in the area of Philosophy even by Daniel Dennett, Pat Churchland, etc
There is no end to criticism in philosophy
>He should stop calling himself a Neuro"scientist"
They gave him a PhD in neuroscience
>What is that job title and how does it involve giving his unlettered opinions on economic policies of Presidential candidates
He educates himself on economic policies. Where are Trump or Clinton's economics degrees? Yet we will look to one of them to prepare and enact economic policy.

top fucking kek

>mfw none of those cunts ever admitted they made a mistake with clockboy

Nah, fuck Christians as much as Muslims. Only religion I'd work with is Buddhists.

this boy

Sam Harris is the leftist, universalist, secular, liberal enemy that I wish we had.

I just read what Scott Atran wrote and I agree with him, but honestly what he said isn't that controversial:

>Indeed, religious beliefs, in being absurd (whether or not they are recognized as such), cannot even be processed as comprehensible because their semantic content is contradictory (for example, a bodiless but physically powerful and sentient being, a deity that is one in three, etc). It is precisely the ineffable nature of core religious beliefs that accounts, in part, for their social and political adaptability over time in helping to bond and sustain groups.

Groups like radicals?

>I also said (and have written several articles and a book laying out the evidence) that although ideology is important, the best predictor (in the sense of a regression analysis) of willingness to commit an act of jihadi violence is if one belongs to an action-oriented social network, such as a neighborhood help group or even a sports team

This doesn't surprise me, because while one's religiosity depends upon self-reporting participating in group activities is clearly observable.

That link is pure opinion. Harris holds a PhD in neuroscience. Read one of his books and call it "poorly reasoned."

I do not agree with his political predilections but he makes very valid arguments. He has more 'faith' in humanity than we do.

He starts talking shit about Trump after 15 minutes.

Where was I when FedoraJesus became based?