I was really underwhelmed

t. traprap fans

it's boring
and traprap is shit

lol
what music are you into?
post your rym or chart

t. soycucks

it sounds like a random record I would grab from a flea market that sounds like any number of records from the same era that are also on the shelf of that same store.

this

except this one album influenced all those other albums

>boring literally who album influenced a bunch of albums that are now forgotten
wow

this is just factually incorrect
try again when you've listened to more music? i don't know what to tell you

it sounds completely unremarkable. The mix is terrible, every track sounds the same, the vocals are uninteresting and the lyrics are forgettable.

>television
>literal who

>marquee moon
>boring

this just gave me a headache, either you're a clueless faggot or ignorant dickwad

sorry your brain's been stunted by the internet

Why were they a one album wonder? ;_;

>the absolute state of Sup Forums

Please don't ever post again.

Why don't you make an argument instead of crying and saying "omg I can't even"

>implying

Adventure is almost as good as Marquee Moon

Adventure is still very good.

t. the soyboycucknumalehipsterfaggot army

5 of those are me, if you have a problem tell me why I'm wrong

What even is this thread?
I fucking hate this place sometimes.

>Marquee Moon
>good

>cuck faggot opinions
>good

>getting assmad over such a shit album
literally never talked about outside of here

>a quintessential proto-punk album that inspired hundreds of bands
>literally never talked about outside of here

Do you live under a fucking rock?

That's great, OP.
Now go check out The Velvet Underground and be prepared to be equally impressed by that!

>punk
>mattering

Velvet underground sucks in the exact same way

t. cuck faggot

It's a 9/10 album. Sup Forums just can't get it

Nice arguments. Sup Forums, truly a place for the thinking man

So do you, faggot!
KYS!
Have a nice weekend and........... DIE!

im with you OP, incredible guitar work on this one.

Sup Forums has always loved this album. fuck all this reddit ITT

Greatest album of all time. Good taste user

t. cuck faggot

Marquee Moon is like if you had Joy Division and then strip them of any sense of melody.

Marquee Moon is forgettable

That's not a true and you know it cuck bitch

I've listened to it several times - there's nothing on it that sticks to your mind. The record starts and then it stops.

The tittle track doesn't stick to your mind??? get your ears checked

Exactly, I just listened to it since you mentioned it. It's a pretty basic 2 chord song with some guitar noodling to fill some space.

There's nothing that grabs my attention, no good chord changes, no interesting rhythms, a bass line that's 4 notes and a guy who can't sing or write lyrics. It's complacent and inoffensive.

There's plenty of music from that era which completely surpasses this in every way.

Yeah it’s amazing. Give the 17 year olds a few years to grow up.

The almost telepathic guitar work, the poetic and witty lyrics, and the fact that though it’s from 77’, you cant really define it as Punk, Post-Punk or Hard Rock. And I personally find that it’s a record that gives a good glimpse of what Indie Rock would become for the rest of the millennium.

nothing about it from the chords to the noodling are basic. gtfo. the bass line serves as a foil to allow the guitars to lift off

>surpasses this in every way

Lol in you’re shit opinion. Don’t push that objectively propaganda onto me you lumpy fuck

Doesn't get more contrarian and pretentious than this.

>It's a pretty basic 2 chord song

I think you might need to listen to listen to it again

LOL that guitar solo is so average it fucking hurts.

My opinion is accurate. PIL, Siouxsie, Joy Division, DEVO - they all had great material out roughly the same time this came out. Listen to more music and stop whining.

sorry for the typo, I was listening to marquee moon while typing this

There's nothing pretentious about it. Anybody can write a song like that. Even you could do it.

In 1977? Don't think so

Try it.

Adventure is good and even their s/t is decent IMO

Marquee Moon is a soy album, if anything.

Brb getting a time machine now

>marquee moon only has 2 chords

wew

Bitch Niggah, all the bands you posted outside of Devo are vastly overrated. I listen to Wire, Pere Ubu, Orange Juice, Pop Group and fucking Television. You’re entitled to an opinion but it sure is innacurate from my standpoint. From the bands you listed, it really doesn’t sound like you’ve delved that deep, just sayin. ...I’ve listened to more music than you, and as a jazz pianist let me just say: Chord changes and technicality is vastly inferior to raw emotional release, which in turn can be presented in true artistic fashion. If that doesn’t reign true for you, no wonder you don’t like Marquee Moon

bait

>Chord changes and technicality is vastly inferior to raw emotional release, which in turn can be presented in true artistic fashion. If that doesn’t reign true for you, no wonder you don’t like Marquee Moon

Raw emotional release 404 - Marquee Moon doesn't have it either.

>>>>

Great rebuttals, the finest from Sup Forums

You guys can have your guitar diddlings and pencilneck yelps. I am not saying it's bad music, it's just average.

>people who dont like these anorexic twats are soy males
Makes a lot of fucking sense, gay ass

Puhlease it is far from that influencial you fag. Why are you defending this so hard? Are you one of the bulmics who made this? Moderately noteworthy at best.

The album is popular as fuck.

WOW! so much soy autism in this thread

t. cuck faggot

>Marquee Moon
>proto-punk
You deserve to be drowned in piss.

Go fuck yourself niggr, that's what it is.

It came out in '77, was a CBGB album after the rise of punk from '73 to '76, and although Television themselves predate that trend the album itself came after it/as it was happening, and ended up incorporating a lot of ideas shared between them and their peers (Talking Heads, Blondie, Ramones, et cetera).

Calling this proto-punk is like calling MBV proto-shoegazing just because they started making music before shoegazing, even though the music they made before shoegazing had almost nothing to do with the genre. But shoegazing was already a thing by the time they released Loveless, they just redefined it in a more powerful way.

Similarly, Marquee Moon came about at a time where New York punk was at its height. Musically, it wasn't punky. And ethically they were only punks in the sense that they embraced the econo, DIY aesthetic. They had an influence on later punk music because of where they were, when, and they're not even remotely comparable to proto-punk bands like Velvet Underground, the Stooges, Bowie, and other artists because they weren't making that kind of music with those artists back in the late '60s and early '70s. They were just basically making rock music in the mid-'70s along with their cohorts and compatriots.

You're a fucking retard and I take back what I said about you being drowned in piss. You should be drowned in oily acne discharge.

It isn't though. This came out when punk was a genre so how can it be proto punk? Plus it is gay and boring.

you are gay, boring and cocksucker beta soy cuck numale faggot

Have you even listened to the fucking album?

You must be 18 years of age to post on this board.

Spoken like a true cuck. Got caught look like a retard on some autist basket weaving forum so you run and cry "soy". Get a lot of snow days this week underage faggot?

have you? He describes it to a T you poser.

>it's boring

I have lost all faith in humanity.

Yes

Kill yourself.

young fag.

yeah its sick, man, also this thread is gay as fuck

underage

>all these clueless contrarian shitheads
just goes to show how little the people who post here actually know about music

I'm still here faggots, suck my chode