This fight is the worst in star wars

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf0qZLK8l-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=rWF0f183tSA

Is this the worst lightsaber battle in history?
>kylo doesn't use his paralyzing powers once
>kylo decides to force push away the one without the lightsaber instead of the one with it
>Finn somehow lasts more than 2 seconds and kylo doesn't even kill him because plot armour
>Rey somehow manages to force pull the lightsaber successfully with a trained force user also pulling it
>Rey also mananges to last longer than two seconds fighting someone who took down the entire jedi temple
>the force requires no training to use for Rey because all she needs to do is close her eyes and she magically gains lightsaber fighting skills
>somehow manages to overpower a trained warrior using brute strength

>inb4 she used a stick
A staff is nothing like a lightsaber unless your darth maul and wouldn't give you near enough skill to actually defeat someone trained with a lightsaber
>kylo was injured
what would this affect exactly? He is trained with the dark side this probably would have made him stronger if anything

This is honestly objectively worse than any lightsaber fight in the prequels

But I guess it can be overlooked because Rey is charismatic as hell!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I
youtube.com/watch?v=rlRJLcy8NsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the f*ck cares about this garbage? Rogue One is in theatres now. Did you see it? Did you see that one? TFA is old news and is boring to talk about. This is now a Rogue One thread.

cringe

Agreed. Did anyone like the space battle in rogue one? I thought it was cool :)

too autistic didn't read

Finn vs Kylo Ren was great because it felt like a real sword fight and it was kind of neat seeing someone not force-sensitive holding their own against a trained dark side apprentice.
Finn also had prior experience from fighting the stormtrooper earlier and Kylo was at a bit of a disadvantage with his injuries.

Rey vs Kylo Ren was garbage though given how Rey just suddenly learns everything about the force and lightsaber dueling out of nowhere which completely ruins any potential for her to actually develop as a character, and makes her vastly overpowered.

why didn't kylo predict finn's moves and chop him into little pieces

you cant actually be serious...
youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

I imagine he was too distracted by all the blood gushing out of his chest

>comparing a duel that was restricted by the technology in 1977 and a low budget to a 2015 big budget Disney duel
There's more real emotion behind it too considering they actually have history together (whereas Rey is upset with Kylo killing Han for no fucking reason).

You also can't be serious.

H*lla f*cking epic my dude

The upshot problem with this fight scene is it really makes Kylo look like a weak pussy, getting his ass practically handed to him by two completely untrained in The Force normies. It makes The Force seem weak, it makes Jedi/Sith seem weak, it defeats the whole fucking purpose of the film and the central characters and cheapers the entire experience. They should have got beat down hard and the black dude should have been killed to raise stakes for next film.

prequels exist, so, no

fuck off retard

Triggered much prequel faggot?

Defend this.

How about he is emotionally unstable at the moment, because he had just killed his father and finally turning to the dark side, his unstable emotions would not let him have full control of the force, thus a newb took advantage and beat him.

Unstable emotions and the force is like fighting blind and with one hand tied behinf your back, i mean, look what happend to Anakin in ROTS.

>That CGI when she hit the tree

I prefer this a million times to the boring one from Episode IV but yes, aside from that one literally anything is better than the shitquels

>Episode 1: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight Darth Maul after we see him following them for the entire film
>Episode 2: Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Dooku after he has them held prisoner and it's revealed that he's a traitor to the Jedi order who's been working with the separatists
>Episode 3: Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Dooku after they already fought each other in Episode 2; Anakin and Obi-Wan fight each other after we see Anakin turn to the dark side to save Padme and Obi-Wan learn that his best friend has been seduced by Palpatine; Yoda and Palpatine fight each other after it's been established that they're both the most powerful force users in the galaxy and are essentially the very essence of Jedi vs Sith
>Episode 4: Obi-Wan and Darth Vader fight each other after it's been established that Vader "killed" Anakin, Obi-Wan's apprentice and good friend
>Episode 5: Luke and Vader fight each other after they've spent literally the entire film searching for each other
>Episode 6: Luke and Vader fight after it's established that they're father and son and Vader wants to turn Luke to the dark side, while Luke wants to save his father from the dark side

I feel like the biggest problem with Rey vs Kylo Ren is that there's no real motivation for why they're fighting. With Finn and Kylo Ren it's understandable, because Finn is a traitor to the First Order and Kylo killed Han, but with Rey and Kylo it feels forced, as if they only put it in because they had to establish that she's force sensitive and capable of holding her own against him. I mean, yeah he probed her mind and she saw him kill Han, but there's no real personal stakes involved.

Yikes. Why did George make Obi-Wan look like such a bitch?

Whatever you say JJ, we aint buying it

We?
Speak for yourself faggot

No, I agree. WE aren't falling for your bullshit, shill.

>liking nu-Wars
lol dumbass

Fuck off retard

Ignoring the autism, the fight worked because of the emotional build-up, not simply from Finn and Rey being mad at Kylo Ren but really Kylo Ren's inner conflict and frustration. Plus the environment they fight in is really cool. It's far from the worst, it beats the shit out of most of the prequel fights. Darth Maul's fight is only remembered because of Duel of the Fates, Obi-wan vs Anakin goes on way too fucking long, and everything in-between is completely forgettable.

Sure sport, /tv is your friend and is behind you all the way.

hahaha what a faggot.

Finally, an actual level headed user with tasteful opinions.

He was playing with him, just like Darth Vader played with Luke, if you didn't get it you're a fucking retard.

I would have liked the fight better if the earthquake shit was saving Reys ass from getting rekt and not Kylo's. They had a perfectly good opportunity to break her Mary Sue status and actively chose not to.

He just slashed one of her only friends ever in the back, killed another of her friends and a living legend, and is part of an organisation she has been working against for the majority of the film.

Come again?

>comparing a duel that was restricted by the technology in 1977 and a low budget
Fencing, swashbuckling, sword fighting, etc doesn't need modern tech or a high budget. God damn you are fucking stupid.

>Darth Maul's fight is only remembered because of Duel of the Fates
It's remembered because of Darth Maul you autist. Did you forget he's a demon who took on two Jedi at once?

honestly dooku vs anakin obi wan and yoda was worse than even ep IV's vader vs obi wan

>he was emotionally unstable, he just killed his dad, didn't you see chewbacca's arrows almost kill him!
-every redditor and jj

new=bad WHAAAAAA

-the 4chango who believes to be better than le normies

>A staff is nothing like a lightsaber
you speak from experience?

>He just slashed one of her only friends ever in the back,
That's understandable, but still not entirely personal.

>killed another of her friends and a living legend,
Whom she only knew for like 24 hours (Same with Finn).

>and is part of an organisation she has been working against for the majority of the film.
This doesn't matter when we're talking about what he personally did to her.

Compare Rey and Kylo Ren to Anakin and Obi-Wan, whom we've both seen grow over the 2 films prior to ROTS. Compare them to Luke and Vader in ESB, where Luke saw Vader kill his mentor Ben Kenobi right in front of him, as well as being told that Vader was the one who killed Luke's father.

What personal conflict does Rey have with Kylo Ren? Nothing concrete, because all we get is some bullshit foreshadowing and fan theories that they MIGHT be related somehow. Other than that, there's no real reason why we should root for one or the other (besides Han's death, but even then that's not nearly as personal as Finn betraying the First Order, or Vader killing Ben right in front of Luke, along with all the other shit he did to Luke's friends). They should have saved their duel for Episode 8, because at least then they would have both had time to grow more as characters. Instead, we get a fight that feels forced and only added in for the sake of showing us that Rey is extra special.

It has decent choreography highlighting the different saber styles until the maiming blows, which were awfully executed, while Rey flails wildly at a trained wielder and wins against a man with brute strength at the end. Not to mention the part where she tries to resist falling backward off a cliff without correcting her footing.

If it weren't for that little spin kenobi does a few seconds in, it'd be just fine.
is definitely much worse

Mods should delete any and all star wars threads, get rid of these vermin who fuck this bored worse every time one of these comes out.

You can't even meme arrow correctly, fuck off

What annoyed the hell out of me is the fact that it was the same fucking set as pic related

seeing the rage he was in earlier he should've killed finn out of sheer aggression

>>kylo decides to force push away the one without the lightsaber instead of the one with it
This is your most retarded point by far, OP. Think about it deeply for a second.

>Look mommy im better than the normies i can have my text appear green
>Having green text makes my argument more valid than yours

I stopped reading at "compare".
I don't think I need to compare shit, Rey is shown as a massive fucking loner, I imagine she's been mostly alone on Jakku for the majority of the time she can remember, that's how she's shown at the start of the movie.

Finn and Rey gain a lot of rapport in a short amount of time, that's made so so clear. Finn goes back for her twice, once when he doesn't leave with those traders, and again to save her on Starkiller base, you don't think this is, again, going to instantly create more of a connection between the two characters?

What about the fact that if she didn't fight she'd probably just fucking die?

There are so many flaws with TFA I'm not sure how this is the one thing you're arguing for.

Bit of a side note, but after reading this, I'm betting they're going to use the lack of personal conflict as reasoning for why she won. Light side generally gets fueled by self-righteousness, which Rey has plenty of, whereas strength in the dark side comes from strong emotion. He didn't hate her, and he couldn't force himself to.

I just watched the entire thing for the first time in years. What the fuck? Obi is fully conscious the entire time. Why didn't he jump in and help Anakin instead of laying on the floor holding his knee like a faggot while his apprentice got his arm cut off? He didn't even move out of the way when that pillar almost fell on him at the end. He would have let it smash him if Yoda hadn't saved him.

Holy shit, you're so right now that you mention it, that setting always stuck out as strange to me every time I saw it and I couldn't put my finger on it, it's because it's literally the same 'natural corridor' used twice..

wow. That's fucking pathetic. using the same set for two lightsaber fights. Fucking wow.

How is it retarded to keep the close range weapon away from you?

i never noticed that wow

It does, leddit. Stay mad :^)

But it isnt

Jesus the autism in this post borders on insanity.

it might as well be with how fucking uninspired everything about this movie was

>I don't think I need to compare shit,
Then don't blame me when you keep getting BTFO in arguments and don't know why.

>Finn and Rey gain a lot of rapport in a short amount of time, that's made so so clear. Finn goes back for her twice, once when he doesn't leave with those traders, and again to save her on Starkiller base, you don't think this is, again, going to instantly create more of a connection between the two characters?
Okay, but I'm saying, there's no personal conflict between her and Kylo Ren. That's the difference between all the lightsaber duels in Episodes 1-6 and this one in Episode 7: there's no reason why we should be rooting for one or the other. In Empire, we see Luke go through all sorts of struggles just so he can face Vader, who's been searching for Luke since the film's opening crawl. In Empire, we want to see Luke come out on top, because we've seen how much he's gone through to reach that point where he can face Vader alone and not instantly get killed. We see his motivations for wanting to go after Vader, and we understand why he's putting himself through so much shit.

>What about the fact that if she didn't fight she'd probably just fucking die?
Okay, but how was she able to best Kylo when she's had no prior lightsaber training and he was trained by both Luke Skywalker and Snoke from a young age?

le

>complaining about autism while surrounded by fa/tv/irgins
You ate lead paint chips as a kid huh.

That was a set? I thought for sure they shot that on location.

how can you be this fucking retarded?

go to 0:50, it's obviously the same gorge, with snow added

>admitting defeat
top wew

Again, you seem to generalize everybody here.
That's called projecting user.
How old are you? How fat? Why are you still a virgin? Do women find you disgusting?

It's just 3 seconds, the rest is new. And even then im not completely sure of it being the same. Not really a problem at all

I highly suspect she had training as a child that was wiped from her mind. After she bypasses the compressor she has this confused look on her face like she doesn't know what she just said. Also her use of the force was just ridiculous if she was untrained.

>Kylo doesn't have a personal relationship with Rey.

Nigger, it's the first film in a god damn trilogy. What do you fucking expect. There's plenty of reason for them to hate each other nonetheless. I'm not going to list the events of the entire fucking film that you were too autistic to pay attention to.

That doesn't stop ANH's fight from being shit. The concept of a laser sword fight is what persevered in everyone's mind from that, not any of the actual battle

assmad ledditor lel

You started off saying there's no real motivation, when there is, now you're saying there's no personal conflict, which there is. I've highlighted that there is indeed some personal conflict, I don't care whether you think it's "not enough" or something, say there's not enough personal conflict, not that there's NONE.

I don't know why she fucking beat Kylo, I think he should have cut Finn in fucking half and stabbed Rey with ease. I never made a point about Rey beating Kylo.

>muh amnesia
not even an acceptable plot gimmick in video games and anime
>but it's ok if star wars does it, because no more lucas lol! xD

DAT ENDAR SPIRE wrecking the shit out of two imperial destroyers.

I'm not you though :^)

Because ultimately you're going to have to engage with the weapon weilder anyways? And the non-weapon wielder is a major distraction in the engagement?

>Force finn away instead
>finn is unconscious
>Rey has nothing to defend against lightsaber
>kylo wins

>personal conflict between duelists in Episode 1-6

Okay, bud.
Please explain the personal conflict between Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Maul.

Please explain the personal conflict between Obi Wan, Anakin, and Dooku in both Ep II and III

There's none. Just Jedi doing their Fucking job.

Wiitard

Obi-Wan sees Maul kill his master and Anakin is angry about all the jedi killed, gg no re nigger

>Tips fedora

You tipped your trilby, not me LOL

If that's your definition of personal conflict then there is plenty more between the characters in Episode 7.

>user liked Star Wars as a kid
>everyone likes Star Wars nowadays
>cha, yeah but user likes the Star Wars BEFORE this NEW Star Wars and needs to show that he's unique by being Old School Cool

Nah, VII wasn't a Star Wars movie it was Guardians of the Galaxy: The Force Awakens Into Darkness.

stupid faggot. it's sad how people actually want to defend tfa. they are not real fans of star wars, they are fans of star wars fan fiction

>qui gon and obi wan encounter a sith lord, jedi's sworn enemies thought to be extinct
>sith kills obi wan's master
>real sith lord, not fake kylo bullshit

>count dooku is a freaking traitor to the jedi order, tried turning obi wan before the duel
>easily takes out obi and anakin, they only survive because yoda saves them
>we see yoda fight for the first time, against his former apprentice. we are given a glimpse of yoda's true power

fuck, just describing these light saber duels and what made them great, it's all you have to do to confirm that tfa's light saber fight fucking sucked, gtfo pls plebs

They probably voted for Obama and Bernie, just straight fucking retards.

>(whereas Rey is upset with Kylo killing Han for no fucking reason).

What a moronic complaint. She'd been traveling with Han for a while before that.

Oh haha I just gooogled your title and found the following infermashion;'

Garudains of the galaxy and Star Wars are both owned BY DISNEY and set in SPACE!!! As if I wouldn't notice!

Turns out Jar Jar Abrams (see what I did there? ;) ) directed DTAR STREK INTO DARKENSS as well AS force AWKWENS.

No wonder this movie is like all 3 franxhinces combined!!!!!

Subtle yet excellent Joke user good joke I get it!!!!

>this butthurt
wew lad, got any more hot opinions fagtron?

dont think so.

the rocks in the snowy scene are way more "rocky" and the path is wider compared to the narrow and dirt covered slopes of the forest place.

seriously. it saddens me how people defend garbage.

Star Trek: Fast and Furious!!!!!

LOL get it???

Justin Lin directed BOTH franchises!!!

Rob Cohen was first, nice try nigger :^)

What's funny is that they do it for free, Disney doesn't throw them a fucking penny kek.

Dear kissless autist virgins who come up with the most inaine criticisms of TFA just to show that they are more intelligent than today's Star Wars fans who are 10 years old,

you don't have to worry, in 30 years when Star Wars isn't cool to the general population anymore, you'll be able to like TFA without being called a tasteless 10 year old Jew cuck.

So mad lol

>Dooku is a traitor to the Jedi
The Jedi are traitors to themselves desu

One thing that I've never understood about Star Wars was that the Sith have that whole Rule of Two thing

How are any sith ever beaten in lightsaber duels against single jedi? They have all the powers of the dark side concentrated in two people (or more accurately, the master has the power and the apprentice covets the master's power)

>this user likes The Clone Wars which is also Fan Fiction for 10 year olds