youtube.com/watch?v=K1rBY7MWulQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qEHVDGa9ZWU
youtube.com/watch?v=jabmx3QoJGA
youtube.com/watch?v=i1Nm-MJ313w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1. Columbus, Ohio
2. What even is the music scene here?

medford, oregon
i don't see any flyers or house show posters here so i'm guessing its not an artsy place

Miami
>country pop

Los Angeles
yeah

Las Vegas
fuck no

1. Nice, France
2. Some really great bands but all the cool venues are closed

is there a nice music scene anywhere in Ohio? all we have in my town are shitty nu-metal bands and mediocre amateur rappers

Vancouver, BC
Only bands that I really know are from here are Blasphemy and the other Ross Bay Cult guys. Most good bands usually make an appearance here.

Plymouth, England
It's ehhhh. Mostly bad hardcore punk shit

Indianapolis
Could be better, honestly Bloomington is better for going to shows and getting shows.

1. Chicago, IL
2. Better than you'd think, but we have a lot of history. Kanye, Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, Ministry, Big Black, Miles Davis, Chicago house, etc

Rural Oregon.
Non-existent besides a few shitty country and imitation dadrock bands.

Austin, Texas

It's alright.

>Better than you'd think
i think of chicago being in the top 3 cities for arts&culture in america

I just hope you don't put LA in there. It's a cliche cesspool that's best days were over 30 years ago.

Des Moines Iowa
It's aight

>Carthage, NC
>404 not found

772 here
sorry about that

>Syracuse, New York
what even is our music scene

1. Skopje, Macedonia
2. No, it's terrible, both the music and politics of the scene. This whole indie-rock agenda that is being pushed on sucks, and the other side of the coin is no different in quality.

1. Oakland, California
2. Fuck No. We are experiencing a shitty trap renaissance that seems to never go away.

I live in Ohio.
I like nothing about Ohio.

Like what the fuck do we have music wise? Macy Gray and the O'Jays thats about it.

Walk the Moon? Ohio's music scene is a joke.

1. Brasília, Brazil
2. Pretty cool, we have a lot of famous post-punk and pop rock bands back in the 80s/90s

1. Boston, MA
2. LOL what music scene? Everyone moves to fucking New York.

1. Brussels/Leuven, Belgium
2. uhhhhh, not really, there's a kinda okay hip hop group from Brussels though youtube.com/watch?v=WNswjc2yB6U

Don't like in Boston anymore, but used to. There is a local music scene and it's pretty ok.

I live in Rickmansworth
There are a lot of open mic nights at the pubs, I don't really bother with them. It's a lot of effort for little in return. Often I don't get to play anyway.

I meant good music, don't make Ohio look worse than it already is.

Jake Paul

Yeah shitty psych rock and autistic Berklee kids playing mathrock to underage dudes.

Ever since the cops started cracking down hard on basement shows in 2012, the scene has died.

Every venue is Live Nation so good luck seeing any interesting shows anymore.

1) Baltimore
2) Fuck no

I didn't want to believe you but you were right.
I need to more to GA or something.

Hackensack, NJ
Nothin

Anyone in the 201 area. Really would like to go to metal or punk shows

Toronto
I like my morning nasheeds and tunak tunaks

Lexington, Kentucky
Honestly I really like it, some of the best shows i've ever been to have been local acts here

we go all the way to columbus to see the big-name shows

1. Greenville, SC
2. most of the music scene here consists of cover bands, pop country and poppy folk (think bootleg mumford and sons). there's a couple of decent metal bands i've seen play around. i'm going to see these guys tonight, and i like them well enough.

youtube.com/watch?v=pxj61Hzuuu8

1.Manhattan
2.Yeah it's pretty great. Although a lot of people that I want to see that aren't jazz usually play in Brooklyn these days

>better than you think
>literally the third most populous and wealthy cities in the US

i mean

>Vancouver
youtube.com/watch?v=PRXtbLqIx04

Grand Rapids, Michigan
I like The Crane Wives

>Hermosillo, Mexico
>Pretty much unaware

I live near Boston and I'm 19 and ready to kill myself desu where should I go for the music scene

Minneapolis/St. Paul
It's fine, but all the good venues are gone and basements/diy places get shut down within a few months. When decent spaces exist for longer than a season I think the local arts will flourish

Astoria, Oregon. theres a couple neat bands that play the breweries and shit.

rip triple rock. Is Rat Hole still around?

Where are you from? Chicago has always had a thriving music scene, but has ALWAYS taken a back seat to New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, San Francisco, Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit.

Eugene, Oregon

its pretty decent but I don't interact with it much

Suburb of Nashville. Our local scene is shit, but Nashville is great assuming you stay away from Broadway.

Maybe those basement/diy people should stop acting like dipshits then

Porto Alegre, Brazil
pretty average desu

Columbia, SC
It's pretty boring.

it's hard to have a good music scene when the country itself is a shithole

>we have a lot of famous post-punk and pop rock bands back in the 80s/90s
can you share a few?

Any recs? Im such a shut in that i have no idea where to begin looking. Im open to different genres too

Oxford, England
I don't know I just research all day

>It's fine, but all the good venues are gone
Really? So First Ave, The Entry, The Fine Line, The Hexagon, Palmers, 331, Kitty Cat Klub are all gone?

Doesn't south Florida have one of the best rap scenes in the country right now?

1. Seattle, Washington
2. A lot of fuckin Beatle Fans here.

>New York
>LA
Yeah

>Detroit
Arguable

>SF
>Cleveland
>Boston
>Seattle
Not even close, those cities all have cool niche scenes though.

Chicago always was and continues to be #3 for music output. Detroit gave it a run for its money during the Motown days and it still has good hip-hop and electronic scenes. Probably Nashville competes with Chicago for #3 in my mind.

>Like what the fuck do we have music wise?
pere ubu alone makes ohio better than most states

Las Vegas
>Imagine Dragons
>The Killers
>Panic! at the Disco
>Five Finger Death Punch
>The Cab
No

>A lot of fuckin Beatle Fans here.
Sounds pretty chill and cool

not that user, but it ain't. it really fucking ain't.

>all the highest earning rock acts today were formed in vegas
can't be a coincidence

sure, here are some of the most famous
Legião Urbana: youtube.com/watch?v=CqttYsSYA3k
Plebe Rude: youtube.com/watch?v=K1rBY7MWulQ
Raimundos: youtube.com/watch?v=qEHVDGa9ZWU
Capital Inicial: youtube.com/watch?v=jabmx3QoJGA
Natiruts: youtube.com/watch?v=i1Nm-MJ313w

Shouldn't you be shooting up a school right now?

Little rock
No, it's either Christian rock or pop country

i'm just confused as to where "better than you'd think" comes in

i mean, it's a fuckhuge city, of course it has a good music scene.

thanks macaco

Philadelphia.

Excellent place for catching bands on tour. I fucking love venues like Union Transfer, First Unitarian, and Johnny Brenda's.

As far as local music, I know there's a ton of kids in the hood that blast really cool hip hop music from their dirt bikes, so I imagine they know what's up. No idea where they play tho.

And for the cool rich white kids, right now they're mostly talking about (Sandy) Alex G, Modern Baseball, and The War on Drugs. Boring indie shit imo

valdosta, ga
classic south georgia where its primarily weak rap/pop/alt shit
cant forget the "country music for the sake of country heritage" either

>Cincinnati

Love me some bluegrass and we have no shortage of that. It's great.

>Phoenix, AZ
What scene

Hey twenty-one pilots is from there, if you want to feel a little worse about your town

>Glasgow, Scotland

Aye, it's fucking amazing. Better than any other city I've lived in, including London (which is pure wank).

Portland, OR, and no

I HATE THIS TOWN, ITS SO WASHED UP, AND ALL MY FRIENDS DONT GIVE A FUCK

>upstate new york

Bad luck phamalam

Louisville, KY

It tries, it really does. Lots of punk influence still flying around here, from post-punk to hardcore (especially hardcore, which I personally think is tired.) On the other side of it there's a lot of folky stuff going on to, not really my vibe, but at least some of the hippie fucks are trying to do something a little bit more abstract with that. There's a couple of cool bands being slept on or being kinda quiet, but whatever - mostly noise/diy influenced stuff.

Unfortunately there's a decent amount of straight up butt rock going on too from aging middle-class white dudes. Anything from nu-metal-ish to rockabilly style.

Overall I feel like we just need some better social places and the scene here could be really cool. Some cats are trying, like the dudes in White Reaper.

1 nc
2 it doesn't exist

there's a lot of bands that come through here fellow columbusfriend

most of the good artists are born from the depression of the northern ohio rust belt wasteland though

Same, some of the old man bday party bands are fun though, especially if they get old man drunk which is different and funnier than young drunk I feel

>fucking Fine Line
>boring ass bars with shit sound and literal whos every week
>good
Raise your standards user

>Raise your standards user
To what?

Memphis, Tennessee

We have one of the fastest growing rap scenes as of now and many famous rappers were influenced by Memphis musicians. 90s underground Memphis rap is probably the best we’re going to get though.

lol what

>Little town in Italy, 2k people living here
>There's 2 hip hop groups and a psych rock one. The first hh group has recently disbanded, they made cool boom bap, the other one makes shitty trap. That's weird since I like trap a lot more than boom bap. The instrumental psych band is really cool actually, one of its members is in a garage rock band with the former producer of the boom bap group

What's wrong with Beatles and/or their fans?

Not him, but what's not liking beatles got to do with shooting up a school?

Are you asking what maladjusted people have to do with mass shootings?

I was responding that Seattle is not "chill and cool"

Why not?

well I guess it is literally chill(y) and cool, but the people are just annoying.

San Antonio
Es genial, hombre.

>but the people are just annoying.
Probably not if there's a bunch of Beatle fans.

southeastern oklahoma, rural but only about 70 miles to OKC
there's like one band in the local music scene and they're pretty good, i'm trying to start something too but there is no one alive out here

Chicago

No