Didn't the "Death Star plans" already exist at the time of Attack of the Clones? So WTF did Hannibal do...

Didn't the "Death Star plans" already exist at the time of Attack of the Clones? So WTF did Hannibal do? And how would they not know about the weakness he purposefully put in there?

Probably had a basic architectural layout but hadn't figured out all the engineering, hence why it took 20 years. Also why the fuck would a species that lives in catacombs know how to build giant space stations?

Rogue One is the official prequel now. The other prequels arent cannon anymore.

History of the Death Star program as per the new lore:

>Weapons concept developed by Separatists on Geonosis in preparation for the rebellion against the Republic
>Dooku delivers them to Palpatine after the Battle of Geonosis
>Palpatine commissions a secret project to begin construction throughout the Clone Wars but progress is stalled from a lack of knowledge and an imperfect prototype. >Ultimately only the outer shell is built by the time the clone wars ends due to problems with the reactor, hyperdrive, and laser weapon.
>Post-Clone Wars the new director of the project Krennic tracks down one of his old colleagues and forcibly conscripts him into the project
>He perfects the idea of using Khyber crystals as the source of the superlaser and construction finally begins moving forwards
>Tarkin is appointed to oversee the project by Palpatine in its final phases as he doesn't trust Krennic and there have been multiple security leaks
>This final version of the DS is built with a fatal flaw secretly installed by Mads Mikkelsen

k?

I really wish the prequels weren't canon, they add so much awful bullshit for the 10% of things they get right, just like the old EU.

but Jimmy Smits fucked that up for you didnt he?

The prequels have some of the best sci fi stories ever. I want to see them remade

You forgot the part where the First Order 30 years later asspulls a whole planet made into a Death Star that has infinitely more range, power and no flaws except being vulnerable to one X-Wing attack

Go home nostalgiafag. The prequels are objectively the best SW movies. The OT is fucking boring and obviously the effects and acting are inferior. You only like them because you saw them first when you were a kid and you're a neckbeard pissbaby who's afraid of change. Literally everything about I - II - III is better than IV - V - VI. This is not up for debate, your opinion is invalid because you're an oldfag.

Luke Skywalker and C-3PO are half brothers

That's just abrams being dumb

>it was a flaw 'purposefully built in' that required an extremely difficult and precise shot that could only made by one of the most talented space pilots with the assistance of the force
Holy fuck Rogue One is absolute garbage.

8/10 I almost replied to this with a wall of text

No. They just needed to show Leia's dad without spelling it out to the audience, this was probably the easiest way.

>how would they not know about the weakness he purposefully put in there?

Because it's one fucking air vent in a station the size of a moon. Unless you know what you're looking for it'd be a needle in haystack situation

>>What is an infiltration and sabotage mission

>>Implying he didn't send the word out before the death star was completed.

The Empire isn't stupid, only way to build a flaw nobody would notice

What is fate. What is destiny. What is a one in a billion chance.

Thete ate stories throughout history of people who accomplished great tasks against great odds where if only one singular thing was different then the whole outcome wouldn't be the same.

Makes sense to be honest. The only hold up was the weapon, and movement aspect. No reason they couldn't have built the frame and just gotten stomped when they needed to finish the weapon aspect.

>Govt: We want a weapon that does X
>Contractor: Ok, it'll cost $Y
>Govt: Ok, you have Z months.
>Contractor: OK
>Govt: OK

>Z months later..
>Contractor: uh, ran into some issues, it'll take a little bit longer. cutting edge military engineering isn't easy
>Govt: Thats fine, you need to start over anyways because in addition to X it has to do A, B, and C.
>Contractor: OK, but that'll cost $Y*10
>Govt: What? Fuck you
>Contractor: Fuck you
>Govt: We're suing you
>Contractor: Not if we sue you first

>much later...
>Contractor: well, here's the weapon, it does X, A, B, and C as promised. it only cost you $Y*15!
>Govt: OK but what about D? We need it to do D now
>contractor: (rubs hands and smiles)

Because 20 years construction time for something the size of a small moon is fucking incredible speed.

>they must not find the design for this ultimate weapon which lacks his main weapon system and is just a waste of resources

>So WTF did Hannibal do?
He attacked the Romans instead, dumbass. Why fight the Empire when you can fight the Emp- hold on a second...

I wish the sequels weren't cannon desu

That's fucking funny. I didn't realize that Disney BTFO themselves like that.

Almost like how once a technology is developed it cam easily be replicated without having to be redeveloped and reseached from scratch again.

You reaction is akin to thinking
>OMG ZOMG WHY DOENSN'T EVERY TV SET OR COMPUTER TAKE 60 YEARS TO MAKE AGAIN OMG ZOMG WTFFF R U KIDDING ME NO MAKES SENSE WTFGG OMG FUCKING ZOMMG OMG.

Are you retarded? You do know someone could have planted some bombs, right?