Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of it?

Now that the dust has settled, what do we think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11939610
youtu.be/NPtUHFgN_Lw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>one week
>dust settled
Was it autism?

How much more time do you need, fagboy?

8/10, for linking the past with the present without corrupting the feels

Good movie that was hindered by a badly paced 1st act.

Better than TFA. 8/10.

basically this, the final battle was good though

Some cool action scenes. Characters were mostly oblivious, flat, and blandly written. Some characters had potential but development or investment into their character was passed for more action scenes it seemed.

It's a good Star Wars movie. As a movie, it's just an okay action flick. The Rock is a better film for instance.

Terrible dialogue, most scenes were super boring, literally cringe worthy.

Bunch of fucking scenes were out of place, pacing was a mess... CGI actors were retarded.

Mendehlson is only interesting character, still pretty badly written, does the best he can. More scenes needed to be cut.

SO MUCH fan service, literally reusing scenes from A New Hope.

Boring platonic relationship, no love story,

Literally On the Beach the ending, Vader was underutilized. Forest whitaker and Donny Yen most pointless character ever.

Basically a mess that could have been really good with a better writer/director. Was okay. Would not watch again except maybe on netflix.

Meh.

Movie central message: nuclear war is bad.

>CGI actors were retarded.
>Boring platonic relationship, no love story,
>Literally On the Beach the ending, Vader was underutilized.
>Movie central message: nuclear war is bad.

How can one be so stupid?

>ywn try to get into rabbitfu's pants by talking down to internet sperglords

i liked it

I loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be.

t. man child

Meh 5.5/10, awful characters as always and decent visuals, boring start but decent third act and too much nostalgia faggotry

Not really worth the ticket but maybe a decent rip a months from now

Hi j.j

Even George Lucas liked it more than TFA and says that it's the real successor to his films. He went so far to compare TFA to slavery

It was okay. Most of the characters were pretty shallow. I wasn't invested in a single one of them. Jyn had a compelling backstory, but where has she been and what has she been doing up until her adult life? They may have touched on it, but I literally didn't give a shit. The segway from childhood to adult hood was terrible.

And Cassian? The only real development into his past was the whole "You're not the only one!" scene.

There was just no real chemistry between the characters, and no deep investment in them. Some no name could have walked into frame with a blaster and blown any single characters brains all over set and I would have though to myself "well okay that person is dead now. What next?"

They didn't do a great job with the lead ins, but once the action started it was pretty good. The fighting and strategy was believable and engaging. With the exception of the empires retarded strategic fumbling. They're trying to transmit data! Okay, close the shield. They got through the shield. OH NO! WHAT COULD WE POSSIBY DO.

Um, blast that fucking satellite. And don't go after the fucking girl who pressed the transmit button. Sever the connection.

Solid B- for me.

>Boring platonic relationship, no love story,
>Movie central message: nuclear war is bad.

what the FUCK Sup Forums

it was ok. better than TFA at least

boring story, boring characters. even during the well executed action sequences i don't care because i don't care about the characters or what they're trying to do

fucking this

if they got to the sariff mission in the first act of the movie instead of coming up with a contrived way for everyone to meet up on a different planet it could have gotten somewhere.

I liked it a lot, it has influence from TFA like how the sound isn't compressed like the Lucas films were but it's still leagues better than TFA.

I wouldn't go this far. I felt a tinge of emotion when they all died. Especially memerobot.

>Better than 7,
>Jyn is more likable than Rey. >Fanservice is well done, see: Bail walking up to the table auspiciously.
>The Droid had good delivery.
>Characters weren't cartoon characters.
>Provided a good link between 3 and 4.
>Action Scenes were filmed well and blended action into exposition seamlessly
>GOAT Raddis

oops I meant Rogue One and TFA have compressed sound and the old films didn't

Best movie of 2016

Greatest Star Wars movie ever made.

>Iron Woman and Captain Spider weren't flying around shooting beams and quiping about iphones.

I enjoyed it more than I expected, the spaceship scenes were miles better than what TFA achieved.

I wish they had shot the film without so much hand held though, it doesn't feel remotely like Star Wars.

I liked it, Especially the wardrobe and set direction. It felt like a star wars movie.
Even without compelling characters, I stayed interested because the action and storytelling was well paced. I also think they did Vader right- he was shilled a lot in the original trilogy to sell toys, but here he's shown in a more accurate light- as the elusive killing machine everyone fears.
Final verdict: Fuck you I enjoyed it. 9/10.

9/10 too high, are you high man?

I'm going with 7/10 Netlfix

Unashamedly loved it, pretty much superior to TFA in every way. Sure its not perfect but its Star Wars, its just meant to be a bit of fantasy escapism.
You don't have to be a neckbeard to enjoy watching the empire in its prime again.

strawpoll.me/11939610

Vote guy~

Worst Star Wars movie. Worst lead character as well. Jyn is completely forgettable.

>thread does not exist
>meanwhile starshit thread #347 lives on

Who cares about this shit

Actually garbage

I am high, actually. And I also just really like good set design.

That Vader scene

How can one scene be so badass and terrifying at the same time?

"boring characters" its a very retarded complaint considering that the whole point of R1 was that Rebels are just bunch of average Joes with no special powers.

Why would you assumed character = special powers?

That scene made the movie for me, I might watch it a third time just for that scene.

Why do you assume that everyone must be Han Solo?

Looks like jew shit.

I didn't.

Get your eyes checked or your word recognition software updated.

First act was good and slow, second act was incredible and made it all worth it.

Best space battle in the series by far.

Hammerhead Endar Spire and the based as fuck crew on that ship.

Saw Gerrera is shown fallen farther than anyone could imagine.

Alien hentai monster scene was not needed at all, surprised it made the final cut.

K-2SO dies a great death, I had just finished the Titanfall 2 campaign and had robot feels again.

Diego Luna is fucking man candy I don't give a fuck, Cassian himself was boring though.

Vader was great, they kept him a snarky asshole which is good.

Best Star Wars movie since ESB.

It had potential, but it's nothing great. There's a lot of scenes that could have been really good but fell short due to bad pacing, bad execution, or breaking suspension of disbelief. The scene where the priest is chanting about how the force is with him as he walks past gunfire would be really cool; if you weren't wondering how the fuck none of the troopers can hit a single target or why they're firing so slow. I get that it's basically magic and that could feasibly happen because they're mind-fucked or something, but it just looks stupid. Make it a full-on firefight with rebels on the other side and the scene is suddenly 10x better and doesn't make the deathtroopers or whatever look like they're retarded. It's even worse when his buddy goes out to avenge him. The troopers literally just stand there, maybe fire a single shot, and then just fucking stare at him. I was really hoping that the deathtroopers would be badass as fuck when they finally came in but they might have ended up looking even more incompetent than the regular stormtroopers.

I also couldn't really give a shit about any of the characters. I kinda liked some of them, but I couldn't remember the name of a single new character until I got on here and I watched the movie just a few hours ago. Funny story, knowing nothing about the movie before I went into the theater, I actually thought Jyn might be the girl from TFA because I couldn't remember her fucking name either.

Vader's scene at the end was fucking awesome though, by far, the best scene in the movie.

I want the blurays out just so I can properly watch that again. I'd watch the entire movie again just for that.

correct opinion :^)

First half: Dogshit
Second half: Ehh bretty gud

It can't develop a plot or characters worth a shit but once it gets into the action then it becomes fun.

I hated the editing. It was cut way too fast for my taste.

The plot had many interesting themes (the fanatic and ugly side of the rebellion) but those themes were not explored well enough in the story.

Also making the crippled rebel rebel nigger a martyr and somehow likeable in the last minute felt out of place.

The production design was great and I totally loved Mendelsohn's performance.

How is it that NO ONE talks about the after credit scene?

youtu.be/NPtUHFgN_Lw

>no kyle
trash

no one stays once the credits roll

Because they showed only in a few USA imax theaters, it's also garbage.

what did they mean by this?

reshoots cut
buy the blue ray™ edition

Vader spin off, I think. If we have any luck, they are going to retell his story.

Not nearly as good as TFA. Very meh movie. Certainly overrated.

>I hated the editing. It was cut way too fast for my taste.
holy fuckin shit, this. one of my major complaints was that it was dizzying to watch.

>Vader was great, they kept him a snarky asshole which is good.
but vader never had super corny lines like the "dont choke on your aspirations" while force choking. i don't mind this kind of writing, but it felt very out of place with the tone of the rest of the movie. same with tudyk-droid.

>Alien hentai monster scene was not needed at all, surprised it made the final cut.
I am super surprised about this, because they also seem to drop the whole thing with riz ahmed's character going insane from the psychological torture.

>we

You can't have your own opinion?

>Not nearly as good as TFA.
>good as TFA

I don't know, I haven't watched the last 2 movies.

I agree with this. Action was good, characters were shallow and didn't have any development. Cut a few from the main cast to give the others some more development and then it woks better.

Much better than TFA, for sure. First time in a while it felt like I was watching Star Wars. They finally patched up the "eagles to mount doom" scenario of Star Wars and it worked out

They don't have to have super powers. Give them interesting backgrounds and make the audience have some reason to care about them when they're actually killed off.

what did everyone think of darth quipster?

The real message is y are there no female pilots in episode 4 if it takes place like a week after this movie does.

His quip was dumb but they put just the right amount of Vader in the movie that it was meaningful and not a panderpaloosa

ASIAN FEMALE FIGHTER PILOT!!!!
IF SHE CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!

So is vader going to be the wolverine of star wars

flawed bug good

Ira Belle was cute, but that's about it

>too much nostalgia faggotry

Does anyone else find all the "fan pandering" comments dumb? The film is set literally just before Episode IV. So of course costumes, equipment, people and yadda yadda are going to be the same.

Did people complain about The Hobbit because it had things from Lord of the Rings in it?

it wasn't great but still better than TFA

Another dull, forgettable entry but slightly better than TFA.

Please fuck off back to l eddit you goddamn shills