I watched the first episode and I couldn't help but notice the lack of any real plot...

I watched the first episode and I couldn't help but notice the lack of any real plot. How can a show about androids be boring?
The problem is that they focus to heavily on the theme park aspect of it. They also made it clear that no real humans can be killed by the androids so there is no suspense.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for these robots for no particular reason?
Also there is that old guy going around killing the robots because he wants to play the real game or whatever and they show the androids being killed and getting all emotional. Is this meant to strike a nerve?

It seems that a lot of the robots get killed but their deaths have no impact. I can't find a single character that I care about in the show.

I am currently on episode 2 and its just more of the same pointless killing of the androids.

Is it me or is this how EXTREMELY overrated?

I felt the same way on ep 1 but you have to finish the entire show to really understand. this show really just takes a while to get going

I thought the entire show was boring as fuck

This show makes no sense.

>Theme park full of animatronics with artificial intelligence
> Scientists think the robots won't remember getting fucked and killed by guests multiple times
>Robots realize they are in a park

It makes perfect sense

The robots are for all intents and purposes human beings. They have thoughts and feelings, and suffer when you make them. It should "strike a nerve"

I thought the opposite, the first two episodes felt the most cohesive and set up a lot of really exciting stuff. It was almost everything after that fell apart

If you're not finished - finish it.

If you finished it and it still makes no sense to you, then you're retarded. Don't watch any more high concept stuff.

It's very bland, I don't care about any of the characters.

if you're retarded maybe

Post YFW Ford set everything up from the get go.

>high concept stuff.
>westworld
you went full retard with that post

Not really overrated, we barely talk about the show. Most people figured out the show by episode 4.

Dont worry OP you will be let down further when you finish the last episode... this is the new Lost. Meandering plot that leads no where.

Except the first 3 seasons of Lost were some of the best television of all time though, this is just pure garbage. The only redeeming feature of the whole show is Hopkins character. Even Ed Harris is awful in this

It's a show about humanity. Characters and themes.

Black boss guy is a robot, McPoyle is a young Man in Black, Dolores becomes sentient and Anthony Hopkins dies in the finale. Now you don't need to finish the show you peasant fuck.

Where does boring brown woman go? What was the point of all this?

It's pretty overrated, it has its moments, but is pretty fucking dumb.

>female lead has acting abilities of a rock
>Man in Black is supposed to be seen as bad, when he's actually the best
>stupid fucking Asian worker
>really good actor (Hopkins) is just muddling around musing some shit waiting for his plan to work
>our fish out of water character isn't introduced until the second episode, which I feel was a terrible decision
>many plotholes come into question as the park and shit get explained

I don't get what you'e saying. The show provides an interesting setting with infinite possibilities and well written characters with interesting storylines to follow. They even managed to show a complete different perspective than the original movie. The cast is superb, the acting is very fitting and the pacing and editing are on point. You can tell that they had quite the budget for it.

If you find nothing of value in these aspects then go back to watching your cartoons, pleb.

>well written characters with interesting storylines to follow.
Except it's completely the opposite. They wasted Ed Harris on a retarded, poorly written attempt at a character arc which had no baring on the overall plot so they could force in DUDE. MULTIPLE TIMELINES. LMAO. None of what he did mattered, his character spent 10 episodes speaking in unnecessary riddles to non-sentient robots so the audience wouldn't know about multiple timelines.

>The cast is superb, the acting is very fitting and the pacing and editing are on point

Again, more lies. The actress who plays Dolores can't act, pretty much the entire journey of her and William was so unbelievably cringeworthily written and poorly acted. The same with the technicians, SJWfu and many others. The only interesting character on the show was Anthony Hopkins'. I can't even begin to fathom how poor and dull it would have been had someone else been cast as Ford. As for the pacing, the Maeve subplot literally spent 7 episodes meandering along because they needed to stretch it out for a whole season, the same with the William and Dolores storyline.

Hopkins aside, literally everything about this show was disappointing

I thought the SNL parody was smarter than the show. I'm sure the writers for SNL know their dystopian sci-fi.

>SNL

no...IT WAS HER TURN!!!

Except that there is only one single timeline. What you're talking about are simple time frames also called flashbacks. His whole arc enabled a nonlinear storytelling that's far more exciting to watch than your ordinary plot 101 show. That's why I think it's a postive thing but it seems people keep arguing about it so in the end it's just my own opinion.

You seem to have very high standards then, please name a few shows that you can recommend so I can understand where you're coming from.

>His whole arc enabled a nonlinear storytelling that's far more exciting to watch than your ordinary plot 101 show.

Is it though? Did you find the William and Dolores timeframe compelling television? Did you find Ed Harris wondering through the park on horseback, talking in riddles to robots like they are people who mattered when he and the audience knows they don't, entertaining?

How do you feel that the show's creators have literally defined consciousness as an ability for the robots to put their memories of past lives in order of succession?

There was no payoff for anything, the characters were all wooden and boring and the acting was borderline cringeworthy.

>You seem to have very high standards then, please name a few shows that you can recommend so I can understand where you're coming from.

Season 1 of Lost is many orders of magnitude better than this

Feelings are not what makes us human, they are a sign that we are animals.
And seeing how animal lovers mutilate their pets, pretending to show sympathy is dishonest

Yes, I don't know how to convince you or bring my point across in a better way but I guess this is why taste is subjective.

I think their approach of creating consiousness within the robots was plausible. Actually I think all of the sci fi elements they showed including the memories and past plotlines made sense in a way ordinary harddrives do, like even when you delete your files you can still bring them back and restore packages from a seemingly empty disk.

Okay, I can agree with Lost. When it aired I wasn't really interested in it because it seemed too weird to me but last year I binge watched the whole show. It's hard to get on that level.

Maybe in the end I'm just a sucker for the western/sci fi genre, who knows.