In terms of campiness, comfiness, and simple fun, Street Fighter wins out against the more critically acclaimed...

In terms of campiness, comfiness, and simple fun, Street Fighter wins out against the more critically acclaimed, higher quality Mortal Kombat films.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nzWClNWNIaY
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
youtu.be/Shxiy7l5b_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mk is just cringe fights
sf is actually entertaining

>MK
>acclaimed
Don't kid yourself, they're both shit.
SF is just more fun to watch.

>tfw no bisonbux for Christmas

FOR YOU, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

World saddle line is GOAT imo.

And what about that Dead or Alive movie? Pretty campy and comfy as well. With the added bonus of some decent females.

>they didn't change the channel

DOA > SF > MK
And I honestly enjoy all three

>Mortal Kombat films
there's only one that's critically "acclaimed"

but i agree. when i was 10 i prefered mortal kombat but SF is more enjoyable as an adult

Quick! Change the channel!

It was meant to be a cartoony action film and it managed to be a good cartoony action film. The fight scenes are good, it's well shot, colorful, the characters are easily recognizable and the sets are pretty well made. The only reason this movie gets shit is because Sup Forumsedditors are too autistic to realize that the "camp" was 100% intentional, and they somehow assumed it was attempting to be a serious drama.

Kylie is in this
Kylie is great
Ergo, this movie is great

>Mortal Kombat
>Critically Acclaimed

What? Both movies are considered horrible.

They have to be seriously retarded to think Street Fighter is a serious franchise. It's goofy since the start.

Couldn't they find a chink with decent legs to play Chun Li?

Being intentionally campy doesn't make it good. A movie not being well made doesn't mean you can't enjoy it.

Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and Super Mario Bros. are the trinity of good video game films.

I don't like watching it anymore now that I know Raul Julia literally was dying on camera

How can someone cast that thing as Kasumi?

she is the worst part of the movie

That convinced me, I'm watching this tonight. And I've never even played DOA.

>I've never even played DOA.
It doesn't actually stick that close to the game, from what I understand

>Eric Roberts at the end

He really enjoyed himself on this one

everybody was nice

big mistake

of course back then they removed the blood effects from the home versions, they were so retarded.

He is seriously the greatest thing about it though; he gets the best lines and is clearly loving every minute of it. I'm heartened by the fact he did it specifically for his grandkids. Imagine being able to tell the kids in the yard "Well my grandad is fucking M Bison you useless cunt!"

Was this motivational speechkino?

youtube.com/watch?v=nzWClNWNIaY

Fucking this.

I've always loved this movie, and have always been baffled by the disdain for it. Literally every second of it is entertaining.

It beats the Saint Crispins Day speech from Henry V which will remain cursed forever as the second greatest motivational speech of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

how is it not well made? It was meant to be cartoony and that's exactly what it was. Do you think commando is badly made as well for having a cartoonish tone?
I put "camp" in quotations because that's what retards call anything that doesen't have a 100% realistic tone.
Nowadays audiences are so stupid they need 5 jokes per every line to understand that a movie isn't meant to be taken seriously

Dead or Alive > Street Fighter = Mortal Kombat > Tekken

Jesus fuck Tekken was bad. How are the Mortal Kombat sequels?

MK feels like ninja turtles or something, actually not awful for the time.

SF has better performances, but is objectively awful.

is even worse than that - the writers are incapable of taking their work seriously and will insert quips and bullshit even in plot that do not need them, fucking up the tone :(

>mfw the retarded american writer/director made kylie british because he thought that was what her accent was

They made a King of Fighters movie also. It really a really low budget straight to DVD flick nobody even knew existed. All I remember about it is some random lesbian sex thrown in for fanservice.

I bet it makes Tekken look good.

>Mfw she never wore the cammy outfit

The Mortal Kombat theme tune on repeat for two hours is better than the Street Fighter movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

The character is british.

>mfw the only seeded torrents are YIFI

Bring Back Bison Bux
youtu.be/Shxiy7l5b_4

She did for a few captures that were used in the game based on the movie

Ive said it befort. Were it called Hot Shots 3 people would call it a masterpiece

>I've always loved this movie, and have always been baffled by the disdain for it.

It's a holdover from when they were kids and were disappointed that it had no specials moves.

Should have cast someone with a British accent then.

Can we discuss the stupid chun li stand alone film?

>fucking flat as board actress
>makes Chun li kill M Bison
>chun li does hadouken
>White guy peas as vega

what

Kyle dresses in skimpy outfits all the time.

Cammy dresses in skimpy outfit all the time.

Cast Kyle as Cammy, have her wear pants.

??????????????????

Well they were trying to keep it R13
But yes as a longtime fan I agree it's a shame

They managed to make Street Fighter unfun. Which was an achievement until Capcom did it too with the last one.

>>fucking flat as board actress
Kristen Kreuk is a qt. However she is not even remotely Chinese and is about the size of one of Chun-Li's thighs. I wouldn't have been able to think of a worst casting decision, but then they got Neal McDonough as Bison. For fuck's sake.

CHANGE THE CHANNEL

>How are the Mortal Kombat sequels?