What is it about the guitar that attracts pseudo-musicians?

What is it about the guitar that attracts pseudo-musicians?

The """people""" who play the guitar often use a capo (read: training wheels for the guitar) and can only read tabs. What's the deal?

who cares fucking dork go get laid

because the guitar is one of the most difficult instruments around, comparatively. any way to simplify it greatly helps beginners.

Saying capo is like training wheels is like saying sustain pedal or microphones are like training wheels

pseudo musicians? you don't have to be a professional musician to pick up a guitar. get a fucking life.

Here we see a n00b using a training wheel.

how are those mac demarco covers coming up senpaitachi

your parents never gave you any attention huh?

>projecting

holy heck you guys will argue over any stupid thing

>capo (read: training wheels for the guitar)
Except there are things you can't play without a capo

>Except there are things you can't play without a capo unless you've been playing longer than 3 months and learned different chord voicings
ftfy

lol that's just straight up not true, but I guess you're pretending to be dumb idk you kids these days

>he thinks different chord voicing sound exactly the same
topkek

I have a master's degree in signal processing so I know what I"m talking about

wasted digits

capo is for vocalists you idiot

no, capo is for guitarists you fool

Fair enough, but "actual" musicians are some of the greediest, social-climbingest faggots on the face of the earth, so whatever.

how is a capo training wheels for a guitar lol? thats a statement only a psuedo musician would make

no we won't you dumb faggot

OP its 2018 the guitar is no longer relavant in the mainstream
why not make a nice trap rapper or waifuphaggot thread instead? it would get more responses.

>mainstream
Not relevant

The mainstream is no longer relevant.

yeah fuck that nick drake guy, using his fucking training wheels and shit, what a pseudo-musician, untalented piece of shit

Can you even play an instrument? are two kick drums "training wheels" for drummers? You know a capo is just used to change open tuning right?

you fell for the bait

lol what sadsack program ever admitted your ass

go ahead, fill us in. Was it the university of pheonix?

>Hello I've never heard of open tunings
what a pleb.

>mfw babbys still use standard tuning instead of a discordant tuning that allows you to play ancient Chaldean scales that please the elder gods

this. It's also a symbol of white power structure and oppression desu

I have booted (((guitarists))) from my band for using a capo

>he can't sing

I am a good singer but I only do ~3 notes like Lou Reed

>33 posts on this piece of shit bait thread
Newfags are cancer

t.self taught pseudomusician who learned everything he knows from reading tabs on ultimate guitar

it's got the most resources and versatility compared to other instruments second to piano. you can go to any town and be guaranteed to find a guitar instructor. guitars are also cheaper to buy and easy to lug around.

I once tried putting capo around my neck but it just hurt.