Why did the Empire move away from clones? Does the intergalactic dictatorship have some code of ethics or something?

Why did the Empire move away from clones? Does the intergalactic dictatorship have some code of ethics or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian
youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jango Fett died

the kamino base chruning out clones was destroyed

conscripting from empire controlled planets.

Kaminoans rebelled, made their own clone army.
Not really, it's just cheaper. Plus it firmly establishes the Empire, its own might is drawn from the people instead of faceless clones.
Same reason why TIE Fighters don't have shields.

So? A single piece of genetic material of this guy did not make it?

Last I heard he left his head when he died.

And a son that was pretty rockin' too.

I assume Sheev was worried about someone fucking with their heads the way he did.

Also, raising local troups for garrison duty aids in obedience

>cheaper

They tax the entire god damn universe. What the hell could they possibly not afford?

I get your point of course, but if a lone jedi managed to order an army, you'd think someone in the Empire would entertain the idea.

Why did they even rebel against the Empire? Sheev did nothing wrong. Hell, if anything the galaxy was a safer place with a unified, efficient empire running the place

>They tax the entire god damn universe. What the hell could they possibly not afford?

Its the economy stupid. If you're wasting resources on test tube babies you can't afford as many AT-ATs

Prior to the Death Star, of course.

> What are space jews.

Stormtroopers are good.

If you're told to shoot at the person that Darth Fucking Vader wants to follow or keep alive, you're damn well going to miss them.

Also, on the point of Ewoks, I'm pretty damn skippy they captured a Jedi Knight in a fucking net.

>based Plagues
>jew

He was a pseudo-knight. Nowhere near as powerful as PT-knights.

really makes you think, huh? after all, this series was made by jews

I can't tell. All muuns look the same to me.

Alderaan was justified since blowing up a planet in the SW universe is the equivalent of blowing up a hut in the middle east.

Expensive, and they can be programmed to do whatever you want, such as overthrow the Emperor.

It used to be because after Order 66 some cloners on Kamino tried making their own army to fight the Empire, and after that the Emperor decided that using clones wasn't such a great idea after all.
Since Disney removed that from canon, there's pretty much no explanation.

Lindybeige is that you

providing jobs is a good way to placate the masses and ensure their obedience in spite of other projects like the Death Star.

"eh, sure the emperor is an evil wizard but at least he reduced unemployment on Aldaraan to its lowest point in history"

Aren't clones aging faster than normal, in both EU and Canon?

Makes no sense to have them as a long term standing force.

Also if you go by canon, clones had a mental programming chip installed, which makes me untrustworthy if the one creating them turns rogue or traitor.

>Ewoks
Honestly, whenever the blind guy in Rogue One was on screen I kept thinking about how ineffective Stormtrooper armour is against sticks.
Maybe Ewoks are weirdly force attuned?
Or, Battlefront 2 is canon and their sticks hit like trucks and their rocks are fucking grenades.
>Your entire species is best known for organising an entire interstellar nation called the Banking Clans
Second only to Toydarians.
You can't say he didn't bring asteroid mining to Alderaan.

The clones in the GAR had accelerated aging so they'd be ready quicker. If I remember right they aged twice as fast as normal.
You could have clones without accelerated aging though, too. Like Boba Fett

Also, in Expanded Universe they kept making clones using more variants than Fet, but most imperial military was non-clone.

Quick question lads, why did they choose Jango Fett? what was good about him? what happens if you clone a force sensitive dude?

If the game Star Wars Bounty hunter is believed, Count Dooku set up a contest for bounty hunters to find and hunt down his former apprentice.

Jango came out on top.

because retcon is for neckbearded autists

Thats a really peculiar way of deciding who gets to be cloned in a massive way

a lot of it could have been attributed to luck and training, I thought it was because Jango was genetically superior like a literal 1% of the population special

>If the game Star Wars Bounty hunter is believed
why should it be? Only the movies are canon, everything else is just glorified fanfiction

:^)

Probably because stormtroopers are cheaper and don't all have the exact same genetics.

that's not an argument user

Sith needed clones to start the "rebellion" against the Jedi's Republic. Trained soldiers couldn't be trusted to betray them as planned, and also it would not only take time, but it would have been impossible to keep the secret. Clones were under development before that war, and no one noticed.
The whole war with the Trade Federation was an excuse to have an approval from the Council to develop said army.

After the Empire was created, with the demise of the Jedi and the Trade Federation there was no need to keep an army secret, so they started recluting people, to the point all the clones died (remember they lasted half as a human) and only Stormtroopers remained.

because the prequels were written afterwards and not very well written at that.

Well if we're taking anything from the old canon, he's a former Mandalorian Commando, so he'd be a good base for cloning.

>only the movies are canon
Literally not true. There's the two TV shows, The Clone Wars and Rebels, as well as a couple of comics and books - all officially canon.

nice specism, bigot

He was one of the best, and he was human. Fits Palpatine's image of the Republic/Empire fairly well.
>what happens if you clone a force sensitive dude?
I can't imagine that would end well.
An entire army of potential jedi/sith would be a nightmare to keep in check, though that's just an assumption.
Rebels and Clone Wars material even show up in Rogue One.
Current canon is that he's a human wearing Mandalorian armour.
Mandalorians are literal aryan ubermensch, Jango's from Space New Zealand.

>officially
prove it

IIRC in Battlefront 2 Boba Fett went to Kamino and destroyed the DNA samples they were using to clone Jango

Camino clones rebelled against the Empire and the 501st were dispatched to eliminate them and eradicate all genetic data in the facilities.

>autistic non-canon screeching
l o l

Why do you care whats official in your children's movies?

>why do you care about anything
NIHILISTIC
WICKED SENSE OF HUMOUR

>muh canon
Who gives a shit about canon. You can cherry pick your own favourite parts of star wars. It's all fake.

The only autism I see here is you

>Camino

>Sup Forums calling anyone else autistic
wow nice

It's a mouse shill

>Equating Star Wars to life

>and that son
>that clone
i sure hope you aren't saying you should clone a clone. that is an awful idea.

you guys seriously havent figured it out?

They age twice as fast as normal people, look to be about 35-40 in clonewars and that was like 25 years ago in the later movies, so they are 70+ years old thats why their aim is shaky

>nod ganon :DDD

Sure, buddy, sure.
Keep that telling to yourself.

A lone jedi managed to order an army because he tricked the Kaminoans to believe it was ordered by the senate and that the senate would pay for it.

>I kept thinking about how ineffective Stormtrooper armour is against sticks.

had a quick google on the fluff

"The armor was also resistant to projectile weapons and blast shrapnel."

good on ya Gareth

>You can't say he didn't bring asteroid mining to Alderaan.
Seems like the Death Star's actual purpose was easy access to the minerals deep within the surface of planets.

Sheev was just trying to reduce unemployment and a group of radicals decided to ruin his plans to decrease his support within the Empire.

>Mandalorians are literal aryan ubermensch
But that's wrong you creepy retard.

Dooku and Sheev merely stole Saifu Dias' secret plans for the Republic Clone army and introduced the Order 66 into their programming.

You might just be a fucking idiot.

Think about all the jobs sheev created by no longer having clones do the work
Also, the clone factory existed only to fight the droid factory
With the only enemies to the new empire being small bands of rebels, he can lower the funding on troops and focus on all those plans he's been sitting on

iirc jango lived on kamino so they could keep sampling him as long as he was alive
cloning must have been a new thing at the time and wasn't perfected yet

Because clones are fucking stupid, you child.

>Mandos are literally just space aussies now.
Disney was a mistake.

They don't have Australian accents and they don't shitpost.

What are you getting at?

We're not nearly that white.
It's because we're yellow.

>he doesnt know what aussies are

>Tan as shit
>Hair bleached blonde by the sun
>Funny terrible hairstyles
>Dude in a outdoors man vest up front
M8
Aside from jango and boba then?

And the TV shows :^)

And anything else that gets made AFTER they said the EU wasn't canon. :^)

Well for fucking starters, both rebels and clone wars characters and ships show up in Rogue One.

Disney at least heavily indicated they weren't treating anything not shown/stated in the films as canon any more, so unless something old is referenced directly (like you just mentioned) it isn't officially canon nowadays.
Considering the shit Lucas was allowing, it's the best way to filter out the weirder things and inconsistencies.

Jango and Boba are humans, not Mandalorians, in current canon.

Are you saying Mandalorians aren't human?

Disney included TCW with the films as far as I know

Mandalorians are about as human as Chiss are.
They're classified as Near Humans.

One is ferrero rocher, crazygangnigger, he wants you 'give candy to the witch'.
Otherthe is, toblerone, crazynigger, 'he wants you 'cutmime''. #stormtroopersandtheirdevilways

Unless you're referring to the Taungs. You're wrong.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian
>Classification: Human

TCW did start out as a movie, too.
Well, my mistake. They've done pretty well for themselves.
Still, Jango and Boba are not genetically related to Mandalorians. George Lucas has said it himself, as has Pablo Hidalgo.

Lucas never wanted them to be Mandos, the show forced that. With the retcons, they're going with Lucas. I do like the thought of him being some pretender. A Mandalorian weeb that claims it's muh culture for intimidation factor.

Why didnt they clone Jedis or Sith?
Imagine Sheev Army

They aren't mandalorians in the films?

The entire galaxy got fucked over by ONE Sheev.
Sheevmarines would be the apocalypse.
They wear Mandalorian armour, that's about it.

>They all sheevspin into one massive whirlwind

youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA
A million Sheevs, screaming all at once.

All they'd need to do to fix that line is remove the 'suddenly' from before 'cried out in terror' and it would be far less stilted.

-ly words have a habit of doing that.
Suddenly, especially.

I think the real problem is just that he says it twice.

That would also do it.

This is actually probably the most plausible reason -- when your only potential enemies are those that get too angry with your rule, it makes sense to try and placate them and include them to some degree in your regime

I'm sure he cares about things. Just, you know, about actually important things, and not the canonicity of supplementary media to a series of children's movies about space wizards.

Death Watch was a fairly extensive shitpost.

The literally said the tv shows were canon when stating that the EU wasn't.

Negro, if you have been able to copy a person 1:1 then you can use the clone as new genetic material. If you can't that means you didn't pull a 1:1.

Even Alec Guinness thought the dialogue was godawful in ANH.

Who was Saifu Dias anyway? I feel like he was important but totally left out.

Alderaan is a highly populated core world.
More like the equivalent of blowing up a megacity.

we don't know why the empire moved away from jango clones in new canon

until we get a new story I'll just keep believing the battlefront reason

The clones aged faster and were only able to fight for five years, they'd die ten years after that xxxxx

>Plaguis
>Muun
Nah senpai George's concept art shows that he's a Nemodian.

Mandalorians are a cultural group comprised mainly of humans. Check your facts before you embarrass yourself, kid.

It's not a 1:1 you idiot. There is always a discrepancy.